mr-benjamin-w-lamb

Written by a NHS patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital
6th May 2022

From my initial diagnosis of Prostate cancer in October 2021 to removal of my Prostate by robotic surgery in March 2022, I have nothing but praise for Ben’s care, compassion and genuine kindness to me. At a difficult time for both my wife and I Ben and his staff were marvellous, nothing was too much trouble for them, every question was answered with empathy and understanding. Let’s face it cancer is a word that nobody wants to hear, a journey nobody wants to undertake, suddenly life is turned upside down in an uncertain and precarious way. I personally found that the information from Ben, the clinic nurses, the fact sheets and leaflets were all of immense help to me in making my decision to have surgery. Once my decision was made everything seemed to slot into place, I was extremely impressed with how quickly Ben arranged my operation and consequently I’m relieved and pleased with no regrets that I had surgery. Thank you Ben for all your care, kindness and skill, but most of all for being a thoroughly nice gentleman, the NHS is extremely fortunate to have you. Very best wishes Maurice.

5th July 2022
Response from Mr Benjamin W Lamb

Dear Maurice, thank you for your kind words. I am glad that I was able to help you through a difficult experience. I hope you have recovered well. Ben

Written by a private patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital
6th May 2022

Excellent

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge
4th February 2022

Initial consultation for elevated PSA. Spent copious amount of time explaining and educating us (my medical doctor spouse attended consultation) on PSA scores and the significance of gland size being a factor in that score. He provided thorough debrief on recent MRI results from Addenbrooke and put us at ease vouching for their reputation of excellence whose radiologist he knew by name. Mr Lamb willingly listened to all our questions, concerns, and inputs. The clinic was very busy and he was too but that did not deter him from taking all the time we needed.

5th July 2022
Response from Mr Benjamin W Lamb

thank you very much for the feedback. I am glad you found the discussion useful. Ben

Written by a private patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital
23rd November 2021

Greatest interaction, clear explanations.

5th July 2022
Response from Mr Benjamin W Lamb

thank you for taking the time to feed back. I am glad you had a positive experience. Ben

Mr Benjamin W Lamb was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Ben joined Addenbrooke’s in 2018 as a Consultant Urological and Robotic Surgeon. Ben sees patients with urinary tract symptoms, such as prostatic symptoms, flow problems, blood in the urine, incontinence, infections or pain. He also happy to see patients with concerns about health issues, such as PSA testing, prostate cancer, bladder cancer, erectile dysfunction, incontinence, testicular lumps, or pain. Ben trained in general urology in London and the southeast of England. Ben has also undertaken specialist training in prostate, bladder and kidney cancers and robotic surgery, including a Fellowship in urological oncology and robotic surgery at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Australia. Alongside his clinical practice Ben is currently lead clinician for urological cancer, and the urology cancer multidisciplinary team (MDT). Ben also enjoys teaching medical students, doctors and allied healthcare professionals on a wide range of topics from communication skills to MDT working to Urological Sciences. He is course faculty for the Urology MSc at Anglia Ruskin University and the Cambridge Emergency Urology Course; he is also the Male CTA lead for the Cambridge Clinical School. With his research interest in improving clinical processes, and enjoyment of teaching, Ben has been course director of MDT improvement workshops in England and overseas.

Nearest Urologists