mr-benjamin-w-lamb

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

29th April 2021

Had the right balance between caution and optimism in explaining the situation. A very pleasant experience despite the inevitable uncertainties with cancer.

23rd April 2021

I met Mr Benjamin W Lamb, when I was diagnosed with a stuck Kidney stone, which I had had for 8 months. I found Mr Lamb to be very caring and compassionate. Mr Lamb totally understood everything I was going through. He understood my pain, and how debilitating it was for me. Mr Lamb really tried his best to get me into surgery as soon as possible, especially seeing that he had admitted me for the second time, but all the theatres were fully booked. My Lamb was called when the pain got so severe, I thought I was going to die. The pain was horrible, it was worse that all the three Cesarian sections I had - had, but he put the pain under control, and he explained why it was so painful for me. Mr Lamb always allowed me to ask a million questions (as I do) and honestly he never got fed up of answering my questions. Mr Lamb is an asset to your organisation, and he is one Dr I will never ever forget. "A life saver, with heating hands". Thank you Mr Lamb. God bless you and the works of your hands always.

Written by a NHS patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge
10th April 2021

ben lamb listens to you and answers the questions you have raised before going through the information he needs to relate. The operation he performed on me was explained beforehand, carried out efficiently and the recovery process was laid out as it is - no sugar coating. Overall the care shown by all at Nuffield and Addenbrookes was exemplary. My recovery is progressing as it should and I am very grateful for the skill and diligence shown throughout.

21st March 2021

I had a telephone conversation/consultation with Mr Lamb about my prostate cancer diagnosis. He listened to my concerns and he came across as very knowledgeable in his field. He was very reassuring and kept my fears at bay by taking me through step by step process, risks involved and post operative aftercare. My discussions with Mr Lamb helped me to reach a quick decision about electing for robotic prostatectomy.

21st March 2021

Mr. Lamb is totally professional in his approach, questioning & listening. I feel happy & reassured to be under his care along with the other professionals in the Addenbrookes Urology dept.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Mr Benjamin W Lamb was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Ben joined Addenbrooke’s in 2018 as a Consultant Urological and Robotic Surgeon. Ben sees patients with urinary tract symptoms, such as prostatic symptoms, flow problems, blood in the urine, incontinence, infections or pain. He also happy to see patients with concerns about health issues, such as PSA testing, prostate cancer, bladder cancer, erectile dysfunction, incontinence, testicular lumps, or pain. Ben trained in general urology in London and the southeast of England. Ben has also undertaken specialist training in prostate, bladder and kidney cancers and robotic surgery, including a Fellowship in urological oncology and robotic surgery at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Australia. Alongside his clinical practice Ben is currently lead clinician for urological cancer, and the urology cancer multidisciplinary team (MDT). Ben also enjoys teaching medical students, doctors and allied healthcare professionals on a wide range of topics from communication skills to MDT working to Urological Sciences. He is course faculty for the Urology MSc at Anglia Ruskin University and the Cambridge Emergency Urology Course; he is also the Male CTA lead for the Cambridge Clinical School. With his research interest in improving clinical processes, and enjoyment of teaching, Ben has been course director of MDT improvement workshops in England and overseas.

Nearest Urologists