mr-benjamin-w-lamb

10th February 2021

All the consultants in urology Addenbrookes and the team they give a first class service

27th February 2021
Response from Mr Benjamin W Lamb

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are very happy that you found the service was good.

10th February 2021

Very helpful doctor, reviewed my notes and the following discussion was useful and relevant. Has followed up quickly on what he said would be done, so I have evry faith in Dr. Benjamin Lamb. On a separate note your ethnic group is missing a very important group of which I am a member - White ENGLISH.

27th February 2021

7th February 2021

I have met Mr Lamb face to face previously and recently had a telephone consultation. On both occasions I felt very much at ease and was able to talk to Mr Lamb easily. He was very friendly and answered all my questions. I left my recent call feeling very positive and reassured - thank you.

9th February 2021
Response from Mr Benjamin W Lamb

Thank you- I am glad you found both telephone and face to face discussions helpful. Sometimes, if circumstances allow, it is best to meet in person, but other times telephone is good, and saves a journey. Good luck going forward. Ben

3rd February 2021

The doctor fully understood my medical history and was extremely easy to talk to. He was able to inform me clearly of what treatment is proposed for me going ahead. The phone call was on time to what was scheduled which I appreciated. I was left feeling very satisfied after our conversation

9th February 2021
Response from Mr Benjamin W Lamb

Thank you for the feedback. I am pleased that you were happy with our discussion. Ben

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge
28th December 2020

Mr Lamb saw me when I was deeply distressed due to an emergency cancellation of a first consultation for my newly diagnosed prostate cancer. He was wonderfully empathetic and explained all aspects of my condition and what would need to be done for investigation and potential treatment. His initial and later communication was so very welcome and completely explanatory. This has been all that more poignant as I am a retired Clinical Consultant and would inevitably consider the most pessimistic outlook. Well done Mr Lamb...full marks in all aspects!

5th January 2021
Response from Mr Benjamin W Lamb

Thank you for your feedback. I was glad to be able to help.

Mr Benjamin W Lamb was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Ben joined Addenbrooke’s in 2018 as a Consultant Urological and Robotic Surgeon. Ben sees patients with urinary tract symptoms, such as prostatic symptoms, flow problems, blood in the urine, incontinence, infections or pain. He also happy to see patients with concerns about health issues, such as PSA testing, prostate cancer, bladder cancer, erectile dysfunction, incontinence, testicular lumps, or pain. Ben trained in general urology in London and the southeast of England. Ben has also undertaken specialist training in prostate, bladder and kidney cancers and robotic surgery, including a Fellowship in urological oncology and robotic surgery at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Australia. Alongside his clinical practice Ben is currently lead clinician for urological cancer, and the urology cancer multidisciplinary team (MDT). Ben also enjoys teaching medical students, doctors and allied healthcare professionals on a wide range of topics from communication skills to MDT working to Urological Sciences. He is course faculty for the Urology MSc at Anglia Ruskin University and the Cambridge Emergency Urology Course; he is also the Male CTA lead for the Cambridge Clinical School. With his research interest in improving clinical processes, and enjoyment of teaching, Ben has been course director of MDT improvement workshops in England and overseas.

Nearest Urologists