the-royal-london-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 89,291 reviews Write a review

The Royal London Hospital

Whitechapel Road, London, England, E1 1BB

8th October 2018

From the moment I arrived at the day care ward, I was treated with respect and care right through my procedure, recovery room and on the ward. The nursing staff are the best and they work so well in sometimes difficult circumstances. Nothing was too much trouble and they made my experience much easier. Thank you so much.

6th October 2018

The medical and nursing staff on this ward went far beyond their job specification. They were super sensitive to my needs. There are some problems with the catering service: many times not getting what I ordered, inconsistent ordering times i.e. one day ordering the next meal after finishing breakfast and then ordering the next meal after lunch, the next day ordering all meals after breakfast, some meals being cold. In one case the Chili Con Carne and rice was over cooked to the point that the meat and sauce was burnt and the rice was a solid lump that I could not break up. It was inedible. Some of the catering staff were in such a rush that they did not have time to say what was available. My discharge process was appalling. It was known on Wednesday that I was going to be discharged on Friday. The request, to the pharmacy, for my medicines to be issued was at 13:00. My wife gave up her room at the hospital hostel and we proceeded to get ready to leave. We live in Dovercourt on the East coast of Essex about 80 miles or so from London and had to travel by train from Liverpool St station. There were three items of medicine to be dispensed but they were not dispensed on the Friday. This caused a great deal of stress for my wife and I. Where was my wife going to stay overnight? The excellent nursing staff showed their compassion and found a place for my wife. Eventually the meds were delivered to the ward and we were able to leave at 07:00 on 06/10/2018, Saturday morning. The constructive criticism? The discharge process needs to be changed to improve its efficacy as it is it causes stress and bed blocking.

21st September 2018

No complaint against the hospital other than its location in one of londons dirtiest mono cultural areas but the hospital inside is spotless. My complaint is against the booking system. I called to cancell an appointment 5 days prior to the appointment, i had my NHS number / Hospital Number time and date of appointment details yet the attendant was either not able to or not willing to cancel the appointment without a booking password. I explained due to the time of my call that i was unable to contact my GP for this information, The attendant couldnt care less and told me to call back once i had this information. Again i explained that i was unable to obtain this information prior to my appointment but again the attendant was not interested in the slightest. So people, this is where all our taxes go! funding NHS staff with no accountability, Staff not bothered about appointments not being attended or even being offered to members of the public that may be waiting for appointments. The nhs doesnt need more tax payers money it needs efficiently spending of our Taxes

Rating not given.

14th September 2018

I came at 8.30 am and was given a time slot at 10.30am. Nobody called me by 1 pm so I went to the reception and I have been told that there has been a mixed up and someone will see me shortly. I was seen by the nurse within 10 minutes and she told me that the lady at the reception didn’t put me in the online system and I should make a complaint.

13th September 2018

The midwifes here go out of their way to make you comfortable and relaxed and provide the highest quality care. Thrilled to be able to come here for the birth of my first child.

{{category}} working at The Royal London Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Royal London Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6au