the-royal-london-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 89,357 reviews Write a review

The Royal London Hospital

Whitechapel Road, London, England, E1 1BB

13th September 2019

I was at the royal hospital an hour early for my appointment as I didn’t know how busy the hospital would be, I approached the reception and they were very nice informing me as it isn’t as busy I would be seen sooner which I thought was great! Anna Parberry and her assistant was so friendly and made me feel comfortable and relaxed while being in the hospital, she informed me relevant information which made me understand more about what is going on. I wanted to give my feedback today, as this hospital doesn’t have enough credit for what the nurses and doctors do here. Anna keep doing what you are doing and thank you for your guidance today!

31st August 2019

The TH home birth team were amazing from start to finish, my care was exceptional and they supported me every step of the way to have the birth of my dreams! (and it was my first child). Post partum care was also excellent and thorough. I can't speak highly enough of my home birth experience and recommend it wholeheartedly to everyone.

21st August 2019

- service in reception very poor and unprofessional - one doctor in unit vs ten patients an emergency - there are clear communication about waiting time . - And there is no respect to patients.

1st August 2019

I see Dr Gareth Parkes here regularly. He is amazing, kind and listens to my needs and what I want to happen with my ongoing care. He is an amazing Gastrointerologist and between him and my consultant at Queens hospital, Romford, I am extremely well looked after. Thank you

21st July 2019

The decision to have a homebirth was the best decision that we made during the pregnancy. We initially dismissed the idea, influenced by two factors, the first being that our GP told us that the midwifery-led birth centres were great places to have a baby, and that she would not suggest a homebirth due to this being our first baby. The second factor was that I was concerned about the noise involved in the birth, and the disturbance this might cause the neighbours around us (we live in a flat). As time went on, and we thought more about the practicalities of what we planned to do when I went in to labour, we decided to consider a homebirth. The most influential factor within this was that we realised how much more relaxed we are in our own home, compared to anywhere else, and how this was likely to be most conducive to a 'positive birth'. Upon contact with the homebirth team, Caitlin very quickly came to see us at home. Caitlin's honest and open knowledge, facts, figures, and answers to our questions related to giving birth at home completely reassured us that a home birth was the best decision for us, and that it was safe...even for a first baby, contrary to what the GP suggested! Caitlin provided continuity of care to us, and arranged appointments at times that allowed my husband to also be present. Both of us attending the appointments made a huge difference to our sense of being a 'team' both throughout the pregnancy, and during the labour and birth. This left me feeling hugely supported. Additionally helpful was me and my husband attending the homebirth meet-up, both so that we could ask further questions, but most helpfully to meet the other members of the team. Having met all members of the team, we felt at ease with whoever would be delivering the baby, should Caitlin not be working that day. The team also answered questions very thoughtfully and honestly which was very reassuring. All of the above significantly contributed to a generally anxiety free pregnancy, in which no unplanned appointments/trips to the hospital were needed/wanted. The after-care was brilliant. We felt very supported by all members of the team, and were well linked-in with specialists as needed, and in a very timely manner. Ruth also arranged for the audio testing to take place at the same time as our 3 day check, which was very helpful. Additionally, Caitlin seemed genuinely interested in my mental health experience throughout the pregnancy and after the birth, which supported me to talk honestly and openly about how I was feeling and thinking. We would recommend this service, and this team to everyone and anyone - absolutely brilliant. The only particular challenge that seems to have stuck in my mind was confusion mid-way through the pregnancy with regard to appointments. This was perhaps due to communication difficulties between the midwives who completed the booking appointment, and the homebirth team? I was booked for the gestational diabetes testing and the high risk clinic without clarity as to why, and my rhesus negative injection was not booked. These challenges led to the only week of anxiety and overwhelm during the pregnancy. We cannot thank the team enough, the homebirth experience will forever be held dear to our hearts.

{{category}} working at The Royal London Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Royal London Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6au