the-royal-london-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 69,820 reviews Write a review

The Royal London Hospital

Whitechapel Road, London, England, E1 1BB

26th May 2017

I had an exam at 10:30 and was greeted at the Neurophysiology reception in a very polite manner. I didn't have to wait long for my exam and was called by the nurse, who introduced herself and explained me how the exam would be. She was very friendly and made me feel relaxed. There was also another nurse supervising the procedure (I have a bad memory, so I can't remember any name). The exam took longer than I thought and it was a little bit challenging for me because I'm suffering from cough and cold, but apart from that, they were really helpful and made all the efforts to keep me calm and relaxed. I've been a few times at the Royal London Hospital and I had some stressful situations before, but today I had a very positive experience.

25th May 2017

waited a year on the waiting list for an appointment with Professor Aziz which was then subsequently cancelled so was then elated when I phoned and there was a cancellation the next day! I then arrived, which involved an hour on the trains and tubes in rush hour with a long-standing medical condition. All of this to then find that even though I was the first appointment of the day at 9am they were already behind! I then waited almost an hour past my appointment time to be seen. The doctor I did see was very helpful and involved me in decision making he also explained things in finite detail even though he was running behind which I greatly appreciated. The doctor stated he would dictate my letter that evening as he sympathised with my chronic pain that has been attempted to be treated over five years. The letter has still not arrived a month and a half later so neither I nor my GP have a copy so I can not receive my referral to a pain specialist or start the new medication. This setback was not only irritating it also means that I have to wait until I receive my letter to go on another 3 month waiting list for the pain clinic so the delay in the sending of my letter has caused a significant delay to my treatment. I have tried contacting the hospital on numerous occasions the switchboard staff are not always helpful and always direct me to gastroenterology as they state no one else can help me there are no email addresses for departments like there are in my local NHS trust and I have rung gastro 25 times and have not once been answered just left ringing for as long as I can stand to wait with no answering machine. I am extremely disappointed with this hospital as I was excited to be treated here and finally have some ease to my pain but yet again it was an NHS disappointment.

24th May 2017

The postnatal care I received allowed me to become the confident mother I hoped I would be. The midwives were all incredibly professional and supportive and both myself and my partner trusted them completely.

Parent Dignity

Suitable Location
22nd May 2017

The team on ward d are nothing but exceptional! They really could not of done any more for us as a family nor my son!!! My son has special needs and was not treated any differently to an other child on the ward. They were fantastic with every aspect! Made us feel so comfortable when we first arrived at the hospital, explained all details about Henry's op and also not making feel uncomfortable on our first night which was tough for both Henry and myself! The staff were just outstanding helping and supporting through the tough times!! I was so worried before we arrived but I really shouldn't of been. The team especially Linda, Nikki and Bonnie were nothing but exceptional and a team that the NHS should be proud of!!!

22nd May 2017

I attended appointment on Thursday 17th as directed, only to find after paying £12:20 for parking that my appointment had been cancelled due to the cyber-attack. Whilst I understand this has been difficult, it is very difficult to hear appointments have been cancelled on arrival, (this is the second cancelled appointment fist in April) having travelled from quite a distance, having to take time of work and also receive misinformation. I was very disappointed with the response received from the front reception desk at the fracture clinic, I and other patients there at the time were told that we had indeed been contacted by the hospital. When I asked how they know I've been contacted the replay was we have been unable to login to the system as it is down. I went on to reply, if your system is down how could you possibly contact me, and with what number and or name? I went to the PALS department who were very helpful in their response however I am still in the same position. Appointment cancelled no new date: having waited now over 8 months to get to this appointment stage. Out of pocket lost travel and parking expenses of a minimum of 12:20 A parking ticket at the cost of £40 sue to wrong information added using online payment app. No phone number or card payment system for local parking. Lastly had I been a more vulnerable or elderly patient the distress and inconvenience of this would have been doubled if not more so. Any help I can receive in response to this is welcomed.

Nearest Hospitals