the-royal-london-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 75,653 reviews Write a review

The Royal London Hospital

Whitechapel Road, London, England, E1 1BB

20th July 2017

Me and my partner received great and professional care from Psychologist Aiysha Malik. We saw her at The Royal London Hospital over six months or so. The help we received was really amazing. We felt listened to, heard, and completely understood and supported on our challenging journey. We worked with Aiysha to establish the issues me and my partner were experiencing in our relationship. Aiysha suggested a number of useful exercises for us to try, which over time have been extremely helpful and made a difference to our relationship. Aiysha Malik is a very experienced, empathic and genuine Person. Thank you very much for the care you gave us.

19th July 2017

Was brought by ambulance to the injuries unit with a deep wide cut on my knee, and wheeled to wait to be seen in the X-ray/Injuries shared waiting area. It is just a little confusing if you are an "injuries" patient waiting to understand who to talk to if you need information or reassurance. After waiting a few hours (no complaint about that) my injury was cleaned up and assessed. The doctor treating me was brilliant: calm, considered and meticulous. She involved others to get the widest possible range of views of what best to do. Another doctor helped with some of the stitching. I had several hours of what felt like the very highest quality of expert medical care. I'm immensely grateful to everyone who was involved in looking after me.

Parent Dignity

Suitable Location
19th July 2017

After three frustrating months of waiting I looked forward to take my son to his appointment. I had a few problems to discuss with the ENT SPECIALIST. After listening to the first problem: hearing he had a hearing test. Also allergies test. However I tried to explain my son had continuous coughing throughout a few years and continuous runny nose and nose bleeds which he has been in hospital for before, I felt the Dr was talking over me, not paying attention to the implications my son was having, he took it quite lightly and seemed to have natural answers to these problems. I felt the Dr had no empathy towards the distress these problems were having on myself and my son, and made assumptions that I was there to activate an operation on my son's ear. I was trying to explain that my GP was describing the symptoms and what can be done about it. I feel I have not been taken seriously and Dr was reminding me how he was the specialist, thanks for the reminder as I was aware already. On a number of occasions school staff have been mentioning that my son seems to be unable to respond when called and raised their concern. Nose bleeding has hindered my son from physical sports as he bleeds each time he has PE. On the positive side, my son has been given a spray and request to buy another medicine which is some hope. And a following appointment in four months time.

18th July 2017

Once I was in the A&E department everything was great, I could not have expected any better care. However, staff at reception desks within the main building were less than helpful and polite. I was dropped off at the Stepney Way entrance around 13.10 on Sunday 16th July. Struggling in with my crutches I was ignored (the lady didn't even look up). I was about to ask for help to find A&E when I saw a sign and decided no help was required. When I got to the other side of the building it was not clear where I had to go then and A&E was nowhere in sight, neither were any signs. I went to the reception desk that side. The young lady there didn't even look up. I had to say "excuse me" a couple of times before she begrudgingly looked up, as if to say "what are you speaking to me for". Her directions to A&E were not clear. No help was offered (even after I said "some help would be nice"). I started going through a door then realised I needed clarification on the directions. Being unstable on crutches I called out (only being a few meters away from the desk) - again, ignored until I really shouted "hello!!!". I got a mere nod when I asked if I had to exit the building to get to A&E. So utterly rude and uncaring. I was clearly in pain, struggling to stand, and she did not care a bit. I was clearly just an inconvenience to her. She should not be representing the hospital, she doesn't deserve that role - I'm sure there is someone far more appropriate for her job!

17th July 2017

The clinic was clean and tidy as usual. The staff were polite, helpful and happy. My appointment was on time and my clinician was supportive, courteous, open and listened to what I had to say and then discussed with me all my options before we decided the best way forward at this time.

Nearest Hospitals