Mr Ashutosh Acharya

I am a Trauma and Orthopaedic consultant working at Warrington, Cheshire. I specialise in surgery of hip and knee. I take pride in the quality of care given to my patients and am fortunate to have excellent team of staff to support me. I hope you find we meet with your expectations and wish you well on your road to recovery!

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital
13th January 2020

In 2009 I was unable to walk due to knee arthritis. At Spire Hospital, Stretton I had an artificial knee joint fitted to my left knee by Dr Acharya and his team. I was careful to follow instructions for my recovery, attempting to bend the joint as much as possible, walking gradually increasing distances, at first with crutches and then without. After a couple of months I was walking normally. For10 years now I have been walking an average of 4 miles at least 3 times a week. When the weather is poor, I use an exercise bicycle to keep the knee working. The operation has been a complete success as far as I am concerned. The only downsides are being unable to kneel on it, don't run, and don't be tempted to play soccer with the grandchildren! My checkups at 5 years and 10 years at Warrington hospital have shown the joint to be in good health. My advice to prospective patients is to keep your weight down, persist with initial exercises, exercise it regularly thereafter and be careful not to injure that area. I am most grateful to the skill of Dr Acharya and offer him my lasting thanks.

Written by a patient at Warrington Hospital
8th January 2020

In 2016 I was involved in a motorbike crash when another driver pulled out in front of me. In the accident I sustained several injuries that worst being to my left knee and was unable to walk without crutches. Doctor Acharya was highly recommended by two other surgeons who worked at a different hospital and I agreed to be referred over to see him. From my first consultation with Dr Acharya I trusted him instantly and underwent a thorough examination where he explained to me in detail what was wrong with my knee and how he planned to put it right. I have had two rounds of surgeries with Dr Acharya the latter being a PCL and PLC reconstruction. In all my surgeries Dr Acharya has been very clear in my post-operative care with other professionals and physiotherapists to obtain the best outcome from each operation. With each consultation with Dr Acharya he has been keen to give advice on maintaining a positive mental attitude and other lifestyle changes that have had a huge impact on my life and have assisted my recovery. I cannot put into words how thankful me and my family are to Dr Acharya for his knowledge, skill, expertise, professionalism and care and he has given me.

Written by a carer at Warrington Hospital
20th November 2019

My mother, at 85, required a full right hip replacement. Whilst the wait through the NHS was far too long, the patient care and proceedure given by Mr Acharya couldn't have been better. The pre op assessment and advice was great. The proceedure went very well and within weeks she was more mobile than she had been for two years. She is now back playing bowls and enjoying socialising again. After care advice was also very good. Thank you to Mr Acharya and the medical team.

15th November 2019

I have recently had a total knee replacement carried out by Mr Acharya and I have been absolutely delighted with the results. I was initially very anxious and concerned about the procedure, however Mr Acharya answered all my questions and concerns gaving me the confidence to enable me to make an informed decision to have the operation. Mr Acharya has a very gentle and calming manner which I valued being quite a nervous patient, he is a great professional who really cares about his patients. Mr Acharya performed my operartion at The Cheshire and Merseyside Treatment Centre - orthopaedic hospital where I can honestly say all the staff and facilities there are outstanding.

Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital
9th October 2019

I had my hip replacement September 2019 mr acharya being my consultant. I couldn’t have been in better hands from the beginning when I met him for my consultation to my successful hip replacement and subsequent after care . Just had my yearly check up and everything is fine so happy to be pain free so thank you for my very pleasant stay at the spire it’s second to none your made to feel quite special too. Regards Sue whittaker

Short link to review Mr Ashutosh Acharya: http://iwgc.net/efuo6