Mr Gareth Stables

Specialist Knee Surgeon, with an interest in sports injuries and arthritis. Large practice performing knee arthroscopy (Keyhole knee surgery) for early arthritis, cartilage and ligament tears (ACL reconstruction) and knee replacement surgery. General trauma surgery and care for patients with fractures (broken bones).

3rd December 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

Would have been good to have the notes readily available although I appreciate that gareth's secretary wasn't available. It would have been useful to see the MRI scan.

15th January 2017
Response from Mr Gareth Stables

Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad to see that we were able to give you a good experience. It is sometimes a frustration that scans and notes are not readily available, but sometimes getting a quick appointment can beat the paperwork! MRI scans and scan reports are always available and if you contact my seretary we will be able to send you a copy. Thank you for the comments. - Mr Gareth Stables

28th October 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

I had a knee operation by Mr Stables back in June and am still currently seeing him regarding a problem with the other knee. He is very patient, understanding and easy to deal with - helping to ease any fears or concerns I had. I would hightly recomment him and also the Spire Hospital as the care they provided was fabulous.

21st November 2016
Response from Mr Gareth Stables

Thank you for your feedback I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience and we were able to make you feel at ease when you came in for your treatment. - Mr Gareth Stables

1st September 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

Was provided with a balanced prognosis of my condition with clear options on potential treatments. Was not pressured to make an automatic decision for surgery.

21st November 2016
Response from Mr Gareth Stables

Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased to hear that we were able to give you the right information and time to allow you to decide what was best for you. - Mr Gareth Stables

2nd June 2016

I found the knee replacement was naturally painful after the operation, but with a positive attitude that it would make a difference to your life can give you determination to get back on your feet. It certainly has with me. If you listen to the surgeon and follow his instructions you will come out on top.The after care was amazing. The nurses on the wards along with many other members of staff were always there to help me. The follow up knee clinic with the physiotherapist was at first painful, but again determination and patience on your part brings you through this. I have just recently taken a bus ride on my own which is something I have not been able to do for years. That made me feel really good. The thought of the scar you have afterwards sounded horrific, but this was explained to me before the operation. After it heals it is a thin white line on which you can buy some make-up to cover it up if it bothers you. I can't kneel down any more, but then again having pain for years I couldn't do that anyway. It hasn't hindered all the things I can now do. After a time I found myself walking down the stairs, although slowly , one foot after the other. Once the wound improved and was sealed I used Bio Oil on it. In doing this I found it helped to smooth the look of the scar. It is important to attend the knee clinic to get the everyday movement started and then once completed you may be offered a chance to go to a Recipe for health class.( This is a class where you will find the majority of people have had operations similar to your own. This can improve both flex-ability in your knees and boost your confidence.You may feel tired after this class, but don"t be put off. Keep going, as you will find it gets easier and less painful. The exercises are adapted to be done whilst sat on a chair. I went to this class after about five months of coming out of hospital and now I feel great. So I have been going ever since. I will always be grateful to Mr Stables for doing this for me and to the staff for looking after me. I was treated so well I simply can"t fault it. I would recommend the knee replacement to anyone who needs it.

1st June 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

A very good doctor who is very approachable and who has the ability to describe each stage of the process and to totally put you at ease. I have no hesitation in recommending him.

1st July 2016
Response from Mr Gareth Stables

Thank you for your comments. It is always encouraging to hear that we were able to make you feel relaxed and that you were given enough information about your treatment. - Mr Gareth Stables

Short link to review Mr Gareth Stables : http://iwgc.net/efgwg