Mr Ian Shackleford

25th March 2020

I have been under the care of Mr Shackleford since 2015 and recently had major spinal surgery carried out by him and I would say that he is one of, if not the best spinal surgeons. I trust him implicitly to the point were I would not let anyone else touch my spine. His bedside manner is fantastic, his caring nature, he is such a genuine person who will do whatever he can for his patients, certainly putting them first! I certainly would recommend him to anyone with a problem with their spine. He really is the best.

15th February 2020

Mr Shackleford has been my Spine Consultant since 2014/15. He is absolutely fabulous. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who has serious spinal issues. You have to put a lot of trust in to someone who is doing spinal surgery as it is highly risky. I have total trust in Ian Shackleford.

6th November 2019

A highly competent, highly skilled consultant with an excellent bedside manner. Mr Shackleford Or Shack the Back as heaven known locally, performed a double disc replacement on my cervical spine in February 2016 and after years of problems and months of excruciating pain, I am now completely recovered. He’s also one of the nicest men I’ve met in a role that often exudes arrogance. His excellent reputation is well deserved.

Written by a patient at Warrington Hospital
17th October 2019

I had spinal surgery just over 5 years ago as i couldnt stand straight or walk far and was in tremendous pain. Mr Shackleford was very caring, listenened to everything I had to say, performed my surgery with a fantastic bedside manor, what a lovely man he is. I can walk straight and long distance now and vertually pain free. He is fantastic and I owe him alot, would definatly recommend him for spinal surgery you are treated as a person not a number.

12th September 2019

I have suffered from back problems for about 16 years, I had seen different spinal consultants some good some not so good. I asked my GP for a referral to Mr Shackleford, and immediately he diagnosed what was wrong. He placed me on an urgent waiting list as I needed major spinal surgery ( his words not mine), seven months later he performed my surgery, and the result is I can now sit, walk and live a relatively pain free life, and this is because of this amazing man. He is incredibly talented in his field, and I will be forever thankful that he gave me my life back. Thank you seems inadequate, the man is a marvel.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery