Mr Ian Shackleford

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

30th January 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

Mr Shackledford is the best. A dedicated and professionally dedicated surgeon. I have had two spinal surgeries performed by him and have been much improved both times. I would highly recommend this man and would go to no other for spinal surgery.

8th January 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

My name is Linda Boardman I went into the spire yesterday for spinal injections. He is so professional in every way Mr Shackleford. He has known me 22 years and he has always done his best for me. I use to do care work for 22 years and that is where I did the damage to my back. Mr Shackleford could not change in anyway he is the best he listions to you and takes on board everything you say he cares so much for his patients. He could not improve anymore as far as I am concerned. I would not have anyone else. Don't no what I would have done without him. He has kept me on my feet it is hard I am on crutches and at times I do need to use my wheel chair which I hate with a passion. It is very hard when you have done care work and promoted people's independence and now the table has turned and I need it now. Mr Shackleford is the best for me and always will be. He is a fantastic surgeon and he decerves to be praised for what he does for many people like me. I would go to the end of the earth to see him as he is amazing surgeon. So thank you so much Mr Shackleford for always listening to me.

31st December 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

My name is Lin Boardman I have been under Mr Shackleford for 22 years. With my spine he is the most amazing man I have ever met. He is the one that has kept me on my feet all these years. I have had 4 back operations with him and I wouldn't have anyone else. I have been to Salford hospital and saw a neuro surgeon and they couldn't do a thing for me at all. Told me to accept being in a wheel chair and I would feel a lot better. I said do you know who I am I have do care work for 22 yrs caring for people and now I need it myself. I find this very hard to accept I walk a little on 2 crutches with great difficulty. I cannot take pain killers only paracetamol as I am allergic to all opiates so I find it very hard my body struggles with medication. So for me Mr Shackleford is the best.

4th December 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

I had surgery to fuse my spine (PLIF) at Spire Cheshire just over 4 years ago. The operation was performed by Mr Shackleford, and I can't thank him enough for what he and his team have done for me. I've had no further problems with the fusion since the surgery, and I believe it saved me from life in a wheelchair! I was back to my fit and active lifestyle in no time at all, thankfully. I still keep up my physiotherapy exercises, and walk a minimum of 4 miles every day, as I was advised to do. Mr Shackleford is a passionate professional, whilst being very personable too, which helps gain trust and confidence, in the medical team, as well as the treatment offered. I would recommend anyone with a back problem to seek out the help of Mr Shackleford.

2nd November 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

I had disc replacement surgery performed by Ian Shackleford in November 2004 at the former BUPA Hospital Stretton and can honestly say that it’s transformed my quality of life. Before and after care could not be faulted and until this last cancelled appointment I have been seeing Ian Shackleford for an annual checkup since then with no issues at all. It’s such a negative decision to take on people’s quality of life. Yes I was told about what could go wrong and I did experience one of the list mentioned (hot foot!) but have never regretted at all.

Short link to review Mr Ian Shackleford: http://iwgc.net/edsxc