dr-ratna-makker

Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital
22nd June 2020

On first meeting Dr Makker, I was immediately put at ease. She was warm, friendly and informative. I had complete confidence in her throughout my procedure.

Written by a patient at St Albans City Hospital
12th March 2020

I was visited by Dr M before my operation and I explained about my chemo veins and how hard and sore they were. She told me she had loads of experience and There was nothing for me to worry about and none of this would be a problem. When I was taken down to the theatre she was no where to be seen. A different anaesthetist was present and after three attempts and filling my hand with fluid on a ‘slipped vein’ Dr M arrived .... Another two attempts were made to enter my hard chemo veins which was excruciatingly painful and I was in tears. Thank goodness I was finally knocked out as the pain was unbearable. My hand is extremely painful after a week and a half and bruised considerably. I was disappointed that she was not there when I arrived at the theatre and I had to explain to the anaesthetist all over again in a rush whilst he was in the process of putting needles in my hand. I am sure that Dr M is extremely experienced but I was very disappointed that she arrived late and I felt let down. I was very upset and in extreme pain just before an operation that I was not looking forward to!

I am an anaesthetist with 25 years of experience after qualifying. I have been a consultant for 20 years at West Herts I’m a keen educator as I believe education is not preparation for life - it is life itself! Striving towards good standards in patient care I hope to deliver best care for every patient every day! My interests lie in human factors study, simulation based education, safety and quality in healthcare and a just culture.

Nearest Anaesthetists and ITU specialists