st-albans-city-hospital

St Albans City Hospital

Normandy Road, St Albans, Hertfordshire, England, AL3 5PN

Review of Day Surgery - St Albans - 0551, written by a patient
29th October 2019

Everyone was very kind and attentive. Made me feel special

22nd October 2019

That staff are so kind and caring

25th September 2019

Terrible. I had to wait for over an hour despite calling before hand to check the clinic was running on time. Very poorly run and I would never recommend to anyone

18th July 2019

I was lucky to ask and get a private side room .it made my recovery easier after a total knee replacement as it was quiet and I could sleep . The first night was very painful . On the last day of my discharge I was in a ward . My only criticisms ,is of the general visiting hours which are hardly restricted ,except at meal times are not conducive to inpatient recovery at all ! The numbers of visitors allowed are far to many, unrestricted and for to long . This means if you are in a 8 person ward ,with just cubicle curtains around ,you can be in with not just 8 patients but all their spouses ,some who stayed all day , and young noisy children . One patient had 4/5 people with kids , others only one but it was hour after hour . No peace and quiet , plus the staff opposite at the nurses station ,phones , banter , banging, loud talking , it was like Piccadilly Circus . Some times 15 or more people with staff in a small area at once all competing for air time and space . Please reduce the visiting hours to a couple only per session , at set times with limited people per patient . It’s really awful if you are in pain or trying to sleep to recover . The visitors don’t try to be quiet ? They feel they are there to entertain and cheer up so It’s really loud and you have to hear such rubbish being talked just for the sake of it ? Patients are subjected to other people’s private conversations constantly . It’s awful . I had half a day of it and it drove me crazy . Probably easier on staff if you cut the intrusion of visitors back please . Patients who are ill don’t need lots of visitors ,it’s tiring after a general and big op . Thank you .

Review of Day Surgery - St Albans - 0551, written by a patient
30th March 2019

A great " Thank you " to Mr Kumar Yajnik and his team and to Amanda, Lyn, Flora and all who took so well care of me yesterday. Many thanks

Review of Beckett / De La Mere Ward, written by a patient
11th March 2019

In spite of the vast workload they had to contend with the staff were all competent and friendly and made time to chat and put people at ease.

19th January 2019

The care I received during day surgery and follow up appointments was excellent.

10th January 2019

From the moment I arrived everybody was very obliging with a smile on their face and I cannot praise the team enough, thank youuuuuuu

21st December 2018

Before my operation date I attended the seminar for knee replacements at St Albans City Hospital on the recommendation of my surgeon, Mr Spiegelberg. It was very informative & interesting & I was glad I had gone. On my admission day into ward De La Mare I was met by friendly & reassuring staff. I cannot praise them all enough for their care, understanding in painful times, helpfulness in personal matters & thoughtful care through out my 4 day stay. Also the physiotherapists for their advise & incouragement especially in the first few painful days!

Filter reviews by care type

Filter reviews by reviewer type

{{category}} working at St Albans City Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review St Albans City Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4zd