watford-general-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 107,008 reviews Write a review

Watford General Hospital

Vicarage Road, Watford, England, WD18 0HB

9th November 2017

After my pre-assesment I was booked for yesterday. I was met by charming nurse practitioners who engaged with me, who smiled who made me feel welcome and warm. Not easy when they do this every day. I was informed about every aspect of what was happening to me and i think I met most of the nurses and consultant and registrars all of whom were v. professional and kind. I am "nearly a doctor" that's a know-it-all man of a certain age and they indulged my every whim..and made it interesting! Giovani P/P (can;t remember surname) was amusing AND informative and interesting. Nurses Tomasz Adriana Patrache and sister Alma Mac P (blame the lack of surnames on the fentanyl) Dr Shahzad has less time for my nonsense but he came to see me and explained the process. ANYTHING I CAN DO FOR THEM OR THE HOSPITAL I WILL. All we have to hope for is that this awful PM and her ilk keep the NHS floating. I have been apolitical all my life until now. A bit late to start

14th October 2017

The good thing about Watford General Hospital is the staff. Everyone was either nice and caring or very nice and caring! And I'm talking about all levels, consultants down to porters and cleaners. The bad thing is the seeming lack of co-ordination and organisation. For example I was given a medication which meant I couldn't have a procedure the next day. And there's too much repetition - I was asked the same questions over and over again, surely some data ought to be on a computer system. And there's a lot of waiting and disappointment - perhaps staff should be more realistic about expected dates and times. And also I have found several mistakes on my discharge sheet - I can't understand why this can happen. I don't like to tell a hospital how to do its job but since you ask, I think perhaps an extra administrator/co-ordinator would be good.

13th October 2017

My care was very good - staff were very polite and caring and made a good job of my surgery so that I am healing very quickly which is good.

5th September 2017

We are all aware that the NHS can be stretched at times and really under pressure. My whole process was amazing and the care provided outstanding - admitted at 10.30am and in theatre at 3.30pm for removal of my appendix. I really appcitiate the work and commitment of each staff member and the care provided throughout my stay. A hospital to be proud of ! Thank you!

26th August 2017
Written by a family member

The inpatient side of care was very good. However the discharge process and report was apalling and dishonest. It's sole pupose was to make the bed available. This has put my wife at risk of harm by falling. I am taking advice as to whom is responsible, the hospital or social services, in the event of any injury due to the inappropiate discharge.