watford-general-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 107,026 reviews Write a review

Watford General Hospital

Vicarage Road, Watford, England, WD18 0HB

20th June 2018

The service and care was second to none despite the obvious stress of not enough resources. I had an angiogram that was ordered in December 2017. I suffer from cPTSD and six months waiting for heart examination after being told I was on the fast track list added enormously to my stress. Despite the obvious problems austerity has created for the NHS the staff and services were excellent. The NHS is lucky it has the people it does working there. If only such good people were running it. My GP wrote to the Cardiac Unit twice during that 6 months and never even received a reply. There must be a way to keep people informed to prevent anxiety. When you are dealing with potential heart problems anxiety is the last thing you want to be adding to the problem. Responding to GPs would be a great start. I understand you may not be able to be time specific but some indication would be beneficial. I was lucky that no problems were found but if I had something wrong that 6 month delay could be fatal. Instead of early intervention any problem could deteriorate in a 6 month period. I understand the difficulties staff are facing but the corners cut are in communication with the patient and their medical team. Please do more to be aware of the anxiety poor communication can bring, especially when a potentially fatal situation is being investigated.

19th June 2018

The Hemel Hempstead community midwives that I’ve met have all been fantastic, full of knowledge and make you feel cared for as an individual (especially my midwife Hayley McGrath). The Antenatal class run by Natasha was great - so informative, we learnt loads and feel much more prepared now for the arrival of our first baby now. Pregnancy Club run by Debs Trollope has been a huge invaluable particularly though, it’s covered lots of interesting topics, given the opportunity to cover anything missed or forgotten to ask during routine midwife appointments and I’ve made friends with other women due around the same time.

13th June 2018

The STaff Nures ( Sisters) were extremely professional, knowledgeable and helpful. I was picked up later than expected and they not only provided telephone help, but they did that and more with a smile after a very busy day. A great team!

7th June 2018

Overall it's an amazing experience. I'm very happy with the service provided by Dr.Ramesh and Watford Hospital.

27th May 2018

I was involved in a serious accident on the M25, and taken by ambulance to Watford General Hospital. From the ambulance, through A & E, to two days in a ward, I cannot fault the professionalism of all the staff involved. I was 6 hours in A & E where I was put on a back board & neck brace in case of any spinal damage. I had a serious head wound, which was quickly stitched up, & 2 pints of blood & saline drip put in me. I then got a full upper body scan, which thankfully showed no spinal or neck injuries. All the nurses & doctor in charge were amazing. I then spent 24 hours in a ward under observation due to my head wound. The nurses & doctors were incredible. So professional, incredibly hard working, caring, & they couldn’t do enough for all the patients in their care. Everywhere was so clean. So well done to the cleaners too. The food was well tasty too. Brilliant choice, healthy, & tasty. I had no clothes with me because my clothes were covered in blood, & had to be cut off me in A & E. I was provided with proper pyjamas, slippers, toothbrush etc, etc. I’ve never had to stay in a hospital before, & hopefully never again. But Watford General Hospital, & the NHS, was amazing. The Nurses I can not praise enough. I don’t know how you do such an amazingly difficult, strenuous, fatiguing job with such care, understanding, patience, & always with a smile on your face. And you all seem to work together as a brilliant team. So, to everyone in the NHS, & especially the nurses, THANKYOU for everything.