watford-general-hospital

Watford General Hospital

Vicarage Road, Watford, England, WD18 0HB

1 2 3 4 5 107,096 reviews

11th May 2022

the experience in A&E was horrendous. 111 told me to be seen in A&E within the our due to the severity of my symptoms. When I arrived I was told it would be 7 hours to be seen and they said 111 say that to everybody. I sat for 4 hours before I was triaged. It was another hour and a half before a doctor saw me. Another hour and half before I was re-reviewed by the doctor following bloods and told that I could go home with the medicine and follow up. The staff were friendly. But the updates from the staff were poor, we had to constantly ask what was happening. I felt sicker from being in A&E; the chairs were painful to sit on, nobody wore masks and anybody could of had covid19.

25th April 2022

ALL the staff were attentive, polite and considerate at all times. They are under a lot of pressure but always made time to attend to the patients needs. They are doing an excellent job.

11th April 2022

I went to A&E with whiplash. I unfortunately had one of the worst hospital experiences I have ever had. I waited for 10 hours in total before I was given a quick examination to determine I had whiplash. The staff were doing their best but this is just unacceptable. There was also construction taking place. Intense drilling and hammering for a total of 5 hours of my visit - resulting in a ridiculous headache. There were patients wailing in pain and I was crying silently into my mask as I approached 7 hours. Little updates through out except the wait time was just increasing, of which at each update I had already sat through more than 3/4 of the expected time. When I was seen by the doctor, he did a good examination but it was no more than 5 minutes before I was sent on my way, as x-rays would have taken another few hours and it wasn't worth it. It just feels ridiculous to keep anyone with any pain sitting in those chairs (worsening the pain) for such an extreme amount of time. I understand A&E is busy at every hospital, but 10 hours of wait to be discharged in 5 minutes just doesn't seem efficient. 111 referred me to the hospital as my pain was intense but this was one of the least helpful places I had been. The few staff there were tired and irritated, which I don't blame them for but there needs to be some better level of communication or electronic boards or something. There was just a million things wrong with this visit and it has put me off visiting Watford General again. The wait and exhaustion and irritation displayed from the staff was bad enough, but the construction was really the worst part and the cherry on the cake. It was painful in so many ways I have not been to the doctor or hospital in 3 years, I do not complain for every ailment but i wont be visiting Watford General again. I have absolutely no trust in this hospital for any emergencies again.

14th January 2022

âıMore patient

20th August 2021

I had two stays in Elizabeth Ward all of the staff were amazing it was like staying in a hotel, Living on my own I did not want to leave. To have your meals cooked and served to you was a luxury. Continual drinks and snacks through the day - fantastic I really admire ALL of the staff that helped me to recovery following breaking my elbow and the surgery that followed.

Safe

{{category}} working at Watford General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Watford General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6em