watford-general-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 107,056 reviews Write a review

Watford General Hospital

Vicarage Road, Watford, England, WD18 0HB

13th May 2019

An urgent referral by G.p for a DVT scan.My experience from reception to the initial examination was efficient despite the obvious shortage of staff.I was very impressed with the professional,compassionate attitude of all members of staff. I asked to speak to the manager of the unit and my discussion with senior sister Jayini Rodrigues was very impressive.I spoke particularly about the performance of Welmita Jagger ..She could not have been more helpful and with her caring attitude to her duties she deserves special praise. It is perhaps wrong to single out one individual but having spoken to Sister Rodrigues it became clear that her attitude to management of her staff is first class and a credit to the NHS.

10th May 2019

The link between the triage window and registration is not that clear and there is no fail safe. I thought the triage nurse said sit down so I did so. Then I sat for 1.5 hours in full view of reception with no one saying anything before I saw someone make the same mistake but this time the triage nurse noticed and corrected them. If you check in at triage and don’t register should someone not come and look for you?

4th April 2019

Disgusting. Six hours to be told in a corridor a dismissive statement. Horrendous hospital with no care. Going to have to see a proper doctor as no trust or faith in the hospital

4th April 2019

Communication is non existent. I arrived and was seen after 2 hours having spoken to no one. Then after sitting for another 2 hours was sent for a scan. Still sitting waiting and approaching 6 hours. There is no communication to update you, nurses seem to see you as a nuisance not a patient, no one knows what is happening or how long you will be. There is no care or consideration at all across the hospital with nurses and reception staff all fed up and not interested in helping patients. The waiting room was freezing to the point my mother had to cuddle under my coat because she was so cold. No one monitors waiting room or patients or attempts to communicate. Wasn’t asked by anyone if I was ok or had any questions. Just sit and wait and hope someone somewhere knows you are there. Had to provide and take my own pain killers whilst I was waiting. Only food or drink on offer is a junk food machine. Appalling care. Appalling facilities. Appalling communication. Appalling organisation. Failing hospital is an understatement.

2nd April 2019

Helena was amazing and has supported me until I was happy and confident enough to be discharged. She has been briliant at listening to my concerns and giving the right advice. Hospital staff have missed diagnosing my little boy's tongue tie but she has noticed it straight away. She has then refered me to a lactation specialist and then given the right advice in order to be able to continue breastfeeding and not switch to formula. This has not been easy but with Helena's continued support I have managed to get through and now have a happy, content breastfed baby. I cannot thank her enough for everything she has done for us and hope that every midwife would be like her. Please continue to support and encourage people like her!

{{category}} working at Watford General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Watford General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6em