watford-general-hospital

Vicarage Road, Watford, England, WD18 0HB

Parent Dignity

Suitable Location
10th January 2019

Care given by pediatric nurse Joan on starfish ward The cleaning The clear feedback from doctors

4th January 2019
Written by a member of staff

Awful

30th December 2018

I was admitted to Watford Hospital for an operation in September. I was there for 4 days in total but I was unable to eat anything. I have a dairy allergy but unfortunately, the food arrive from a company called Mitie and their menus do not include lists on ingredience or allergens. I found this out the hard way having eaten soup for lunch and then being very sick afterwards. Having looked at the packaging in the evening ( as I had ordered the same thing for dinner), it showed that the soup contained milk. During my time in hospital, I ate 2 single serving packets of crackers and 2 mandarins. I explained the situation to the nurses but there wasn't much they could do. I wasn't able to contact Mitie either but they are playing a very dangerous game. Granted, everyone is in hospital and so will receive immediate care should anyone suffer an allergic reaction but given that the doctors and nurses are over worked, the ability to make an informed decision about what you consume should not be too much to ask.

28th December 2018

I attended A and E at short notice. Although the waiting time was forecast at 2-3 hrs, I started being seen after 1 hr. Staff were courteous and very efficient. Got the impression of being well-staffed even if space to work at a premium. After thorough examination moved to AAU for more tests and overnight stay. Treated very well and efficiently. Nurses/Dr./ consultant all very professional and timely.

3rd December 2018

Given how overloaded the ward was I was treated well. There was one incident I was not happy about due to the way in which I was moved from one location to another without any explanation hence the rating of 3 for dignity and respect. That said, I didn't have to wait long for a bed and had an excellent surgeon (Mr. Make).

{{category}} working at Watford General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Watford General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6em