watford-general-hospital

Watford General Hospital

Vicarage Road, Watford, England, WD18 0HB

Review of AAU 3 Yellow and Blue - 0522, written by a family member
3rd December 2019

The level of care was beyond what I was expecting. Nurses were very accessible, being within sight so that I could ask for help when needed. The nurses were genuinely interested in me, and I felt tried to get to know my needs. Information given by the Doctor to myself and to my daughter was detailed, informative and easy to understand. I felt that I was very well cared for. My daughter feels that the high level of care, and close monitoring of my condition, resulted in a considerable improvement in my health. In fact I was able to be discharged back to the nursing home where I am residing, after just over one week. Also note that the ward was spacious, usually quiet and peaceful and my personal care was of a very good standard. The atmosphere on the ward was pleasant too.

27th November 2019

I went in with an allergic reaction in danger of a stroke. I was treated very well and they did everything right. The sad thing was I had a relapse the following day and was taken to Northwick Park. They instructed a trainee to do a lumbar puncture who ruined my life and left me a vegetable- PLEASE GO TO WATFORD DO NOT GO NEAR NORTHWICK PARK IT IS A THIRD WORLD PLACE

6th November 2019

The worst hospital ever Staff not polite horrendous parking having to walk up a hill filthy dirty hospital waiting list is awful the Atmosphere is horrendous in the hospital staff struggling from every department I could see

5th November 2019

Watford General Hospital has been our 'local' hospital since 1984. It has been through very difficult times with a negative reputation. I am so delighted with the changes and hard work that has been achieved to make this hospital so good now. I do get annoyed when I hear people saying negative things especially about A & E. May I suggest that anyone going there be given the procedure ,Triage nurse. blood and urine samples, doctor. When the samples go to the lab, depending on what they are for, will always take time. Why can't some people engage their brain and try to realise that there are steps to be taken before a diagnosis can be made. I suggest a leaflet or a liaison person.

23rd October 2019

I would like to say a huge thank you to all the staff on Starfish ward who looked after our son. He was nervous as were we, knowing he had to have an operation to remove his appendix. Everyone was so kind and went out of their way to help us. You do amazing work and should be very proud of yourselves. A great team.

Review of X-Ray - Watford - 0669, written by a family member
23rd October 2019

I do not have great things to say about the treatment my mother received at the Watford General Hospital, X-Ray department, I'm afraid. She arrived there for a CT scan, however was told to drink 1 litre of water and wait 1 hour. My mother had to point out that she is not there for a kidney procedure but for a CT scan. Following which, the hospital staff member (named Avneet) realised her error, tried to brush it off and proceeded to give her a contrast dye via injection. However, due to poor placement of the injection, my mother's arm started to bruise and form a large visible lump. This is caused when it starts to bleed outside the vein resulting in Infilteration or Hematoma. My mother, being a Registered nurse herself, was able to identify this issue and point it out. However, someone who does not have a medical background or knowledge might not have recognised these signs. I was very disappointed with this poor service and hope that errors like this will not continue in the future. Either nurses should be the ones to do tasks like these (Avneet did not look like one, no uniform etc.), or your staff should be trained properly being being in a patient facing role. Aside from this, her scan proceeded as normal and she was treated well by the doctors.

Review of Helen Donald Unit, written by a patient
3rd October 2019

What a delight to be welcomed into the Helen Donald Unit by such warm and caring staff. Everything was fully explained. If something was taking more time than expected we were kept informed and the place was spotlessly clean The staff were extremely efficient and knowledgable. After a bad time in Watford General A&E this unit has restored my faith and trust in the NHS Thank you.

Review of Postnatal Community - 0598 , written by a patient
28th September 2019

I had great care postnatal, my midwife Debbie Trollope was very caring and gave me the best start to become the best mother possible. The after care and support was magnificent. All those breastfeeding clinics, baby groups, mental health checks and various classes were outstanding. Thank you so much for providing parents with such great support. Also during my pregnancy I cannot express enough how the pregnancy club gave me so much information and I learn so much which allowed me to be so much more prepared than ever for the arrival of my baby. Other than that it gave me so much confidence and I’ve made some very close mummy friends. If it wasn’t for pregnancy club I think it would have been very lonely. Thank you so much.

23rd September 2019

Very unhappy about two members of staff ,one in particular who was so rude for no reason it was unprovoked .I was reduced to tears and as i suffer from depression i am still feeling very upset .It really is a shame as 98% of staff wonderful .and do a fantastic job . I have never experienced any thing like it in my life . I do not know the persons name but if i did i would make a complaint to C Q C .

18th September 2019

Seats with padding Secure toilet seats Club/heavy metal music shouldn't be getting played in the reception area Heathy snacks

Filter reviews by care type

Filter reviews by reviewer type

{{category}} working at Watford General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Watford General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6em