Dr Saravanan Rathinam

• Anaesthetics and ITU

6th March 2015
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I have had a number of operations over the years in a number of different hospitals and I can say that the latest operation when Dr Rathinam was the Anasthetist was the most relaxing and least stressful of all. He explained all the options at my bedside prior to the surgery , in a simple and easy to understand way. He gave me complete confidence from the outset. Afterwards there were no side effects from the Anasthetics used during the operation I would be more than happy to have him again if needed.

6th December 2014
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I have always had bad experiences with anasthetics with bad reactions afterwards and was not looking forward to a simple procedure which required sedation. Dr Rathinam took time to listen to my concerns and reassured me that he felt I would be fine with what he was planning. He was right. I woke up and other than feeling expectedly sleepy had absolutely no other side effects. I was so grateful. I appreciated the time he took to listen and the care he took with my treatment. I'm would definately recommend him.

29th October 2014
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

Dr Saravanan Rathinam was fantastic I can not express how good he was. I was a mess totally scared of having my epidural, I was having my 3rd c-section in my 3rd hospital and after having horrendous experience in kings and lister I was dreading this one. But to my amazement this time it couldn't of gone any better there wasn't any pain, he spoke to me the whole time told me step by step what he was doing and with in 5 mins it was in, compared to the first time at kings which took about 15 mins and they rammed it in and 25 mins in lister where on both occasions I was in excruciating pain. Dr Saravanan Rathinam was totally amazing couldn't of been any nicer made me feel at ease he had a very calming way and is brilliant at his job. In fact his whole team where great from the young lady Sally El-Ghazali who was very kind to me and even came and checked on me a couple of times after my opp to the other young man who was showing me how to bend my back the right way to then be able to get the needle in. Also the man preformed the c-section was great. The lady's that get this team in the future when having their c-sections are very lucky and in the best hands that they can be in. I would recommend this team anytime 10/10 all day long.

Nearest Anaesthetists and ITU specialists