dr-debabrata-majumdar

Dr Debabrata Majumdar

Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital
6th February 2020

I am actively involved in multi-disciplinary academic research (industry / NHS / DfH / WHO / dental clinicians / clinical psychologists) whose broad aim is to assess routes to establishment of healthy dietary behaviours / effect beneficial changes in established behaviours, and MI to some extent. While not formally qualified in the area, I make the following points with this experience in mind. (i) Works with, rather than talking down to, patient, to achieve desired outcome(s). Partnering rather than authoritative approach. (ii) Pleasant to deal with, personable, without detracting from his authority as an expert in the area. (iii) Explains positive benefits of compliance with behavioural advice, rather than the approach that I've found in the past, which dwelt on negative consequences of non-compliance (although these are explained), or handed out guilt for previous behaviour. (iv) As is common, I am prone to feelings of guilt when dealing with the medical profession. I think that this was very well managed, whether in recognition of my thoughts on the matter, or simply as a matter of good practice (or both!). Overall, as a result of my treatment, and regardless of where my health goes from here, I feel both better about my health, and, despite now being aware of a long-term condition, more in control of it, than I can really remember. It has, quite literally, changed my life. My only suggestion for 'improvement' is with respect to prognosis, and, specifically, timings of possible progression. This may well be a very personal desire on my behalf. However, I appreciate that biological variation, and difficulty of predicting future behaviour, mean that this an area fraught with risk (especially in our increasingly litigious society!), and, further, that there may well be a desire to avoid negative thoughts re the future.

7th February 2020
Response from Dr Debabrata Majumdar

Thank you for your feedback. I have found the points you raised very helpful.

30th January 2020

He is very clear and showed great empathy throughout the time I was in his care. He also seemed to really care and was very supportive and responsive. He went above and beyond to ensure I was well looked after while in hospital and kept me up to date with progress and test results/effectiveness of my treatment. He followed up even while on holiday too! I can’t recommend him highly enough.

20th September 2019

I felt that the investigation was done with a lot of respect and efficiency. I really would not be able to provide any suggestions for improvements.

Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital
27th August 2019

Dr Majumdar has a very easy and pleasant manner. He explained the results in a comprehensive and understandable way.

27th July 2019

Dr Majumdar was very clear about what was involved in my procedure and the next steps. Dr Majumdar and his team were lovely making me feel calm and relaxed throughout consultation and my procedure.

Nearest Gastroenterologists