Dr Peter Wilkinson

I have been a cardiologist at Ashford & St Peter's for many years and have a broad knowledge and experience of cardiological problems.

• Cardiology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

28th July 2018
Written by a patient at Ashford Hospital

Dr Wilkinson gave me the time that I needed and was patient, thorough and non-patronising in discussing my health and care.

23rd April 2018
Written by a member of staff at St Peter's Hospital

I am very grateful to Dr P Wilkinson. As a SpDr in a community hospital (Woking) I have an immediate response when I refer patient for a review. Thank you very much, Dr P Wilkinson Dr Z Zasheva, SpDr , Elderly Care, Woking Community Hospital, Alexandra Ward

10th January 2018
Written by a carer at Ashford Hospital

Do not dismiss partners who are trying to help the patient discribe symptoms and when these symptoms occur and what the patient presents with whilst these symptoms are happening I came away feeling like You thought it was munchousens theory by proxy and I was telling the patient what to say. The patient was nervous and didnt want to trouble anyone with special needs.

11th January 2018
Response from Dr Peter Wilkinson

May I apologise to the person who sent in this anonymous comment about his or her experience on seeing me in a clinic. It is very difficult to respond without knowing who the individual is. If I gave the impression that I was not interested in their comments that was not what I intended to do. It is of course of great importance to obtain the history of the problem from the patient but the carers observations are also of great value. Given your comments I would be happy to see you in person if you wished or if you wanted to you could make a formal complaint about me via the PALS system at the hospital. This would enable me to be more specific in my response. I have been a doctor for 50 years so have seen tens of thousands of patients. In the past 36 years that I have worked locally until today I have only had one adverse comment about my communication skills. The second one occurred earlier today.

Nearest Cardiologists