ashford-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 21,814 reviews Write a review

Ashford Hospital

London Road, Ashford, Middlesex, England, TW15 3AA

19th March 2019

I came to Ashford Hospital Dicken Ward just over 5 weeks ago for a hip replacement. The staff were brilliant, very supportive and offered great help and assistance especially with the physiotherapy. I would like to thank all the staff for their care and support.

19th March 2019

Great staff, excellent atmosphere

15th March 2019

I was admitted to Dickens ward on a Sunday for my second total knee replacement. I was taken to theatre at about 9, and awoke at about 11. After spending about an hour in recovery, very well looked after by the nurses I was back on the ward in time for lunch, roast chicken with roast potatoes !!!!! Throughout the day and the remaining 2 days of my stay the staff were all friendly, caring and cheerful. The food was surprisingly good, a chicken curry was really delicious. The nurses were really good at encouraging me to move, and providing pain relief when needed. The physios, smiling and cheerful whilst torturing me on a twice daily basis until I could escape home on Wedneday. All in all it was about as good as you could expect for what was a painful procedure. It seems a little unfair to pick out names as all the staff were REALLY good, but a few stand out, Chris Mann who picked me up when I fainted on the loo ( twice), Camille always smiling and cheerful, even when changing my dressing under the watchful gaze of Tomasz, for whom nothing was too much trouble. Lynne and Michelle at night, always ready to help, and Ward sister Deb, cheerful friendly and compassionate, with some truly awful jokes about the paper pants! I must also mention my physio Rachel, obviously directly descended from Torquemada judging from the way she tortured me. She smiled a beaming smile despite my squeaks of pain, encouraging to really give it my all. I can only apologise to those I have not mentioned by name, EVERYONE was outstanding, and a tribute to the hospital,

14th March 2019

My appointment was on time and staff were efficient and courteous. Location was easy to find and parking was on-site and free. My only criticism about the process concerns the letters sent to me offering the appointment and reminding me of it. Each letter contained several pages of A4 because they were only printed on one side. The number of sheets of paper could be reduced by printing on both sides and this, when the number of such letters is taken into account over the course of a year, would save a considerable amount of NHS money (and quite a few trees!).

13th March 2019

Dr Hard was very nice, he listened to my problems with my foot ,and gave me different options that he could could do to help me. My operation was very successful, now it is up to me to do my exercises.

{{category}} working at Ashford Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Ashford Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3mz