Mrs Christine Craig

I am an experienced female Colorectal and General Surgeon. I qualified in Leeds in 1998 and returned to work in Manchester a year later. My NHS post is at Manchester Royal Infirmary but I also provide outreach clinics, endoscopy and Day Case Surgery at Trafford and Altrincham General Hospitals. As a Colorectal Surgeon, I specialise in diagnosing and treating bowel cancers and other bowel conditions but I also deal with all those bottom/bum issues that you don't really wish to discuss with anyone..... I am JAG accredited in endoscopy (Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy) and an experienced laparoscopic surgeon. BOTTOMS - bleeding; pain; itchiness; rectal prolapse; rectal discharge; piles; anal skin tags; fissures; fistulas; anal stenosis; pilonidal disease; abscesses. Banding of piles; haemorrhoidectomy; removal of anal skin tags; fistula treatment; fissure treatment including Botox injections. BOWELS - Altered bowel habit; diarrhoea and loose stools; constipation; faecal incontinence; blood/mucus/slime; pain/discomfort; Inflammatory bowel diseases; appendicitis; diverticular disease and diverticulitis and its complications; bowel cancers; rectal cancers; small bowel problems; stomas (ileostomy and colostomy). Endoscopy - Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy; Open and Laparoscopic (key hole) bowel surgery; Stoma formation and revision stoma reversal; ANAEMIA and WEIGHT LOSS. ABDOMEN - pain; swelling; lumps/masses; hernia (inguinal hernia; incisional hernia; epigastric hernia; umbilical hernia; femoral hernia; ventral hernia); abscess. SKIN - lumps and bumps

4th May 2019

I was so glad to have had the opportunity to discuss my extremely painful problems with Mrs Craig. She put my mind at ease. I felt very comfortable talking to her and with her level of expertise and empathy was able to understand my ‘pain in the bum’ no pun intended! I can only but appreciate the saying! To help regain my quality of life, I’m hoping there is the possibility of further intervention to help sort/heal my perianal fistula - a horribly painful condition! An amazing lady!! Thank you Mrs Craig!

30th April 2019

What can I say you're in good hands. I've been on a long journey with more to go and Mrs Craig has been brilliant. Not only with the surgical work carried out but also in our many conversations. If you find yourself in her care either through luck via the NHS or by personal choice believe me, you've done well for yourself.

Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital
25th April 2019

Mrs Craig put me at ease straightaway, she also explained the procedure very well.

Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital
23rd April 2019

Dr Craig was warm, patient and so kind. She made me feel so comfortable during my exam, was upfront and gave great advice. I’m so happy I came to her with my medical issue. Thank you so much Dr Craig.

6th April 2019

I am a very grateful patient who was treated with great skill and care by Mrs Craig before and after my large bowel cancer surgery.

Nearest Gastroenterologists