mr-stephen-tai

« 1 2 3 4 »

Written by a NHS patient at Pinehill Hospital
13th February 2021

Stephen replaced my Hip on the second of December 2020. I am a 50 year old Male and was rather nervous! Stephen took time to explain the process in detail, which made me feel much happier and knew I was in good hands. Rest assured, all went well and I am very happy with my new Hip! Stephen genuinely cares about his patients and is an absolute Legend in my book! I took time to thank him personally after the operation as without people like Stephen and his Care Team life would be harsh indeed! Thank you to everyone at Pinehill.

Written by a NHS patient at Pinehill Hospital
28th January 2021

I had a Hip Preplacement Operation 8th December 2020, at PineHill Hospital ,Hitchin, Herts. Mr Stephen Tai was my surgeon. I am lucky I have never been in Hospital before for any surgery. Mr Stephen Tai was so reassuring Pre opp and Post opp, I was so impressed with the outcome. I feel my life is back again, I would certainly recommend Mr Stephen Tai and thank him

31st December 2020

Mr Tai seemed very knowledgeable and was confident and reassuring. 6 weeks post hip replacement, recovery has gone really well. I would recommend Mr Tai and if I needed any further surgery would hope to have him perform it again.

25th December 2020

Very good and thoughtful care from Mr Tai and the whole team involved at Pinehill despite the trials of Covid in 2020.

23rd December 2020

Am writing this review 6 weeks after my hip replacement operation and I cannot praise Mr Tai enough. He has given me my life back and I can now look forward to being active and living again free from pain.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Mr Stephen Tai was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

I am a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, who specialises in adult hip and knee arthroplasty and the management of traumatic injuries. I consult privately at Pinehill Hospital in Hitchin, and One Hatfield Hospital. Having studied medicine at St Mary's Hospital medical school, I underwent specialist training on the highly regarded Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, Specialist Registrar rotation. I then continued my sub specialty training in adult hip and knee replacement surgery on the prestigious year-long fellowship with the Specialist Orthopaedic Group in Sydney, Australia. During this fellowship, I was trained in the latest arthroplasty techniques, including the direct anterior approach to the hip, computer navigated hip replacements and patient specific implants. I have completed a second fellowship in complex trauma at University Hospital, Walsgrave - one of the busiest major trauma centres in the United Kingdom. Traumatic injuries remain a specialist interest of mine, and I am the trauma lead in my NHS hospital. I have published a number of articles related to my areas of sub-specialty interest and I have written book chapters on traumatic injuries.

Short link to review Mr Stephen Tai: http://iwgc.net/egb9l