mr-stephen-tai

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

2nd June 2021

Mr Tai explained on my 1st consultation that I needed a hip replacement as my right hip had severe arthritis. This was carried out in April. After 6 weeks I was walking with no pain. This op gave me my life back , and can't thank him and the staff at Pinehill enough.

31st May 2021

As this was not my first hip replacement, I am in a position to make comparisons. There is no comparison. Fantastic surgeon, fantastic team, fantastic hospital. The whole experience was so positive. Anyone reading this who is in the hands of mr. Tai are in the best of hands.

29th May 2021

My mother was referred to Mr Tai at Pinehill Hospital with severe arthritis in her hip in between lockdowns during the Covid pandemic. She had previously tried to manage with painkillers but, unable to do the physio exercises, her mobility deteriorated to the point where she could only mobilise short distances with a frame indoors and needed to use a wheelchair when taken outside of the house. Her hip made audible grinding sounds with every step she made. Mr Tai recognised the severity of her condition immediately and within 3 months of the initial appointment she was given a complex total hip replacement. She was extremely anxious at the prospect of having surgery, made worse by having just lost her husband of 55 years. Mr Tai showed immense kindness and patience in his conversations with her both pre and post surgery. Four months later, my mother has made a fantastic recovery, mobilising both with and without crutches, continuing with her physio exercises, and requiring no analgesia whatsoever. Her first experience of living alone would have been a lot of worse and possibly unmanageable without the surgery and we cannot thank Mr Tai enough for his prompt and skillful intervention.

Written by a NHS patient at Lister Hospital
11th May 2021

Dr Stephen Tia He is a great surgeon from day one when I went to see him he made me feel so comfortable he really listened to me he really wanted to help me he was so professional in the way he spoke to me and explained everything to me he agreed that I do need a hip replacement I was so happy because I have been in so much pain where I couldn’t even walk more than two minutes I said to him you make me feel so comfortable I feel I can really trust you could you please do the operation yourself that’s how much I felt so good about Dr TIA he said if you want me to do the operation I will but you have to mention it also when you come into hospital it was only a matter of a few weeks I get a call he’s going to work Saturdays so he could help people like me have the operation done much quicker so basically he took on an extra day to get through operations just for us I find that so warming and dedication to his work profession he was lovely to talk to he has called Me to make sure I was okay how is everything. I am so happy he made me feel like a new woman to be honest I class him as my hero my name is Marina Mitchell and I recommend this doctor if I ever had to come to Leicester hospital for an operation again I will demand Dr Stephen Tia does the operation thank you Dr Stephen Tia. Kind regards Marina

7th May 2021

Mr Tai is a very pleasant and straightforward man who assessed my condition and presented several options for treatment. Once I had considered them I chose total knee replacement as the best way forward. The operation went well and the after care provided has been excellent and I am now making a first rate recovery. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Tai to anyone considering this procedure.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Mr Stephen Tai was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

I am a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, who specialises in adult hip and knee arthroplasty and the management of traumatic injuries. I consult privately at Pinehill Hospital in Hitchin, and One Hatfield Hospital. Having studied medicine at St Mary's Hospital medical school, I underwent specialist training on the highly regarded Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, Specialist Registrar rotation. I then continued my sub specialty training in adult hip and knee replacement surgery on the prestigious year-long fellowship with the Specialist Orthopaedic Group in Sydney, Australia. During this fellowship, I was trained in the latest arthroplasty techniques, including the direct anterior approach to the hip, computer navigated hip replacements and patient specific implants. I have completed a second fellowship in complex trauma at University Hospital, Walsgrave - one of the busiest major trauma centres in the United Kingdom. Traumatic injuries remain a specialist interest of mine, and I am the trauma lead in my NHS hospital. I have published a number of articles related to my areas of sub-specialty interest and I have written book chapters on traumatic injuries.

Short link to review Mr Stephen Tai: http://iwgc.net/egb9l