mr-stephen-tai

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

23rd September 2020

Mr Stephen Tai was absolutely fantastic from the first consultation to the operation and after care. He was supportive and understanding from the beginning and made feel at ease throughout the whole process. I will never be able to say how grateful I am and how hes changed my life for the better. The staff at Pinehill, from the doctors, nurse and catering staff they were all amazing. I would have absolutely no hesitation about recommeding Mr Tai to anyone who needed a hip operation. Thanks again Pinehill!

1st September 2020

Very competent surgeon. Would choose him again for any further operations.

Written by a patient at Lister Hospital
31st August 2020

Mr Tai carried out a hip replacement on me but I am still suffering a pain in my groin. He has been very patient and helpful to try and locate the problem. Mr Tai is going to refer me to his colleagues in the Spinal Team, Pain Team and Gynaecology. I can’t thank Mr Tai enough for not giving up on this old 82 year old women. He has been so understanding and I am very grateful for what he is doing for me. Sincerely, Irene Seaton

#sayThankYou

I'd like to take this chance to say Great Thank you to Dr Stephen Tai for his fantastic professional master ship to make operations on the both sides om hip replacements. It passed nearly a year since the operations were done and as the result I can walk now without any serious problem at my 84 years old man. I would request to arrange my follow-up x-Ray not in 5 years time but if possible in 3 years time what will keep me more confident. Once again Thank you Dr Stephen Tai. Yours sincerely Oleg Lovkov

11th June 2020
27th May 2020

May 2020 I was lucky enough to have my hip replacement op just before lock down. I am really pleased with the way it went and the care I was given throughout by Mr Tai and all the staff who looked after me before and after.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Mr Stephen Tai was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

I am a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, who specialises in adult hip and knee arthroplasty and the management of traumatic injuries. I consult privately at Pinehill Hospital in Hitchin, and One Hatfield Hospital. Having studied medicine at St Mary's Hospital medical school, I underwent specialist training on the highly regarded Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, Specialist Registrar rotation. I then continued my sub specialty training in adult hip and knee replacement surgery on the prestigious year-long fellowship with the Specialist Orthopaedic Group in Sydney, Australia. During this fellowship, I was trained in the latest arthroplasty techniques, including the direct anterior approach to the hip, computer navigated hip replacements and patient specific implants. I have completed a second fellowship in complex trauma at University Hospital, Walsgrave - one of the busiest major trauma centres in the United Kingdom. Traumatic injuries remain a specialist interest of mine, and I am the trauma lead in my NHS hospital. I have published a number of articles related to my areas of sub-specialty interest and I have written book chapters on traumatic injuries.

Short link to review Mr Stephen Tai: http://iwgc.net/egb9l