mr-stephen-tai

Written by a patient at Lister Hospital
30th March 2020

A very positive experience! my first consultation with Mr Tai was informative and clear, right through to surgery & after care. I received excellent care from Mr Tai and the hospital team throughout my time at Pinehill. I am delighted to say I am making great progress following my surgery. Thank you

21st March 2020

I was seen by mr tai under nhs contract he was very informative helpful and my knee replacement has been excellent am awaiting my hip replacement and looking forward to another successful procedure Excellent surgeon also post operative care and physio fantastic

26th February 2020

Mr Tai is a great surgeon. He did my full knee replacement, which I am extremely happy with. I would highly recommend him.

19th February 2020

Mr Tai was very approachable and answered any questions I had regarding my treatment clearly and understandably. I felt a 'partner' in the process from beginning to end. My surgery and recovery has been problem free and I am grateful and appreciative for his skills.

29th January 2020

I had a hip replacement op and from the moment of referral to my discharge, I have received nothing but professionalism, good communication and wonderful care. Mr Tai is obviously a very skilled surgeon. I had little pain or discomfort after my operation, I was able to walk freely and without support 2 weeks after my op, my wound site healed cleanly and quickly and my scar is fine and very neat. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Tai to anyone requiring arthroplasty.

Mr Stephen Tai was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

I am a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, who specialises in adult hip and knee arthroplasty and the management of traumatic injuries. I consult privately at Pinehill Hospital in Hitchin, and One Hatfield Hospital. Having studied medicine at St Mary's Hospital medical school, I underwent specialist training on the highly regarded Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, Specialist Registrar rotation. I then continued my sub specialty training in adult hip and knee replacement surgery on the prestigious year-long fellowship with the Specialist Orthopaedic Group in Sydney, Australia. During this fellowship, I was trained in the latest arthroplasty techniques, including the direct anterior approach to the hip, computer navigated hip replacements and patient specific implants. I have completed a second fellowship in complex trauma at University Hospital, Walsgrave - one of the busiest major trauma centres in the United Kingdom. Traumatic injuries remain a specialist interest of mine, and I am the trauma lead in my NHS hospital. I have published a number of articles related to my areas of sub-specialty interest and I have written book chapters on traumatic injuries.

Short link to review Mr Stephen Tai: http://iwgc.net/egb9l