mr-stephen-tai

#sayThankYou

I'd like to take this chance to say Great Thank you to Dr Stephen Tai for his fantastic professional master ship to make operations on the both sides om hip replacements. It passed nearly a year since the operations were done and as the result I can walk now without any serious problem at my 84 years old man. I would request to arrange my follow-up x-Ray not in 5 years time but if possible in 3 years time what will keep me more confident. Once again Thank you Dr Stephen Tai. Yours sincerely Oleg Lovkov

11th June 2020
Written by a patient at Pinehill Hospital
27th May 2020

May 2020 I was lucky enough to have my hip replacement op just before lock down. I am really pleased with the way it went and the care I was given throughout by Mr Tai and all the staff who looked after me before and after.

#sayThankYou

Good Afternoon Dr Tai. I wish to send my heartfelt thanks to you and your team for all the care I received from the start of my diagnosis to my operation that you that you did for me. the time I spent in hospital was reassuring, comfortable and aftercare were exceptional and made a safe procedure . I would even go as far as recommending this to any person considering having a hip replacement don't hesitate have it done. Thankyou once again, Kind Regards Angelena Hughes ( Mrs ).

29th April 2020
Written by a patient at Pinehill Hospital
24th April 2020

Mr Tai recently carried out surgery to a tear of the meniscus in my knee. Originally the NHS would not allow my operation to go ahead as they believed my condition was due to arthritis but Mr Tai took the time and effort to write to them to explain I had in fact been in an accident and that the tear was due to injury in a scooter accident. Thanks to his letter I had and the funding approved to allow the operation to go ahead. My operation took place on 9th March 2020 at Pinehill Hospital, Hitchin. Mr Tai was extremely efficient and helpful to me. The result of the operation has made a huge difference to my life. I can now walk properly, particularly up and down stairs as well as long distances, and ride my bike again without the pain I was enduring. The recurring lump I had on the side of my knee has now reduced too. I cannot even see scarring at the incision site of the surgery despite knowing where it is myself. Thank you Mr Tai for giving me back the freedom of movement I now have. Also the care I had on the day by all the staff at Pinehill was exceptional. Thank you.

Written by a patient at Lister Hospital
30th March 2020

A very positive experience! my first consultation with Mr Tai was informative and clear, right through to surgery & after care. I received excellent care from Mr Tai and the hospital team throughout my time at Pinehill. I am delighted to say I am making great progress following my surgery. Thank you

Mr Stephen Tai was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

I am a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, who specialises in adult hip and knee arthroplasty and the management of traumatic injuries. I consult privately at Pinehill Hospital in Hitchin, and One Hatfield Hospital. Having studied medicine at St Mary's Hospital medical school, I underwent specialist training on the highly regarded Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, Specialist Registrar rotation. I then continued my sub specialty training in adult hip and knee replacement surgery on the prestigious year-long fellowship with the Specialist Orthopaedic Group in Sydney, Australia. During this fellowship, I was trained in the latest arthroplasty techniques, including the direct anterior approach to the hip, computer navigated hip replacements and patient specific implants. I have completed a second fellowship in complex trauma at University Hospital, Walsgrave - one of the busiest major trauma centres in the United Kingdom. Traumatic injuries remain a specialist interest of mine, and I am the trauma lead in my NHS hospital. I have published a number of articles related to my areas of sub-specialty interest and I have written book chapters on traumatic injuries.

Short link to review Mr Stephen Tai: http://iwgc.net/egb9l