Mr Stephen Tai

I am a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, who specialises in adult hip and knee arthroplasty and the management of traumatic injuries. I consult privately at Pinehill Hospital in Hitchin, and One Hatfield Hospital. Having studied medicine at St Mary's Hospital medical school, I underwent specialist training on the highly regarded Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, Specialist Registrar rotation. I then continued my sub specialty training in adult hip and knee replacement surgery on the prestigious year-long fellowship with the Specialist Orthopaedic Group in Sydney, Australia. During this fellowship, I was trained in the latest arthroplasty techniques, including the direct anterior approach to the hip, computer navigated hip replacements and patient specific implants. I have completed a second fellowship in complex trauma at University Hospital, Walsgrave - one of the busiest major trauma centres in the United Kingdom. Traumatic injuries remain a specialist interest of mine, and I am the trauma lead in my NHS hospital. I have published a number of articles related to my areas of sub-specialty interest and I have written book chapters on traumatic injuries.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

19th June 2018
Written by a patient at Pinehill Hospital

Mr Tai and all of the staff at Pinehill were amazing throughout my experience , nothing was a problem for them at all , I was seen very quickly, surgery was painless and the after care was very professional

3rd May 2018
Written by a patient at Pinehill Hospital

Mr Tai listened to me when I first met him. Straight away he knew what my problem was and knew what was causing all the pain I was in. On the 16th of March I went into hospital and was operated on the same day. When it was over all the pain I had before was gone and has not returned. His whole manner before and after the operation was very reassuring. I would and already have recommended him to others.

8th May 2018
Response from Mr Stephen Tai

Thank you for providing feedback. I’m delighted that you are happy with the care that you received, and in particular that you felt reasssured ahead of your operation as this is understandably a daunting prospect.

19th April 2018
Written by a patient at Pinehill Hospital

I consider Mr Tai to be an extremely professional surgeon. He is direct and to the point, explaining the pro's and con's of every procedure. Along with the team at Pinehill hospital i received excellent treatment prior to the operation, and great after care. I have no hesitation in my recommendation.

8th May 2018
Response from Mr Stephen Tai

Thank you for your recommendation. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the fantastic team at Pinehill Hospital.

18th March 2018
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

I had a heart attack a year ago, followed by the failure of one kidney and anaemia, I developed severe arthritis to my right hip and both knees. I just could not walk at all without sticks and began using a wheelchair. The pain was extremely severe at this time both during the day and night. I applied for a hip replacement under the NHS but was initially refused and the operation was postponed due to my ongoing conditions. I had a private consultation with Mr Tai who agreed to operate but he stipulated that certain measures be put in place, which I agreed. The operation was a great success due mainly to Mr Tai's expertise and ongoing care. This was six weeks ago. My hip is now totally pain free and I am walking about unaided for the first time in eight months. This has been a change of life experience for me as I never thought that I would walk again unaided. A big thank you to Mr Tai for his understanding, expertise and kindness during the last months. June Robinson

5th April 2018
Response from Mr Stephen Tai

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I’m delighted that your new hip has helped to provide you with an improved quality of life. The measures that we put in place helped to ensure that the operation was as safe as possible, taking into account your previous medical issues.

14th March 2018
Written by a patient at Pinehill Hospital

Mr Tai was very thorough asking about my symptoms of my hip. He was informative about what I needed doing re total hip replacement, where, when and how. I felt reassured and listened to as I am a full time Carer for my husband. I had to arrange my children to look after their father, then get Care Agency in to then take care of him until I could resume the role. Mr Tai took my role on board and made me feel valued and confident. The operation went really well and my recovery has been really quick. The follow up appointments were at a time convenient for my caring role. I can't thank Mr Tai enough for giving me back the ability to carry on caring and living my life pain free.

15th March 2018
Response from Mr Stephen Tai

Thank you taking the time to provide feedback. I'm delighted that you have recovered quickly and that your new hip has enabled you to return to your vital job as a care provider.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »