Mr Stephen Tai

I am a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, who specialises in adult hip and knee arthroplasty and the management of traumatic injuries. I consult privately at Pinehill Hospital in Hitchin. Having studied medicine at St Mary's Hospital medical school, I underwent specialist training on the highly regarded Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, Specialist Registrar rotation. I then continued my sub specialty training in adult hip and knee replacement surgery on the prestigious year-long fellowship with the Specialist Orthopaedic Group in Sydney, Australia. During this fellowship, I was trained in the latest arthroplasty techniques, including the direct anterior approach to the hip, computer navigated hip replacements and patient specific implants. I have completed a second fellowship in complex trauma at University Hospital, Walsgrave - one of the busiest major trauma centres in the United Kingdom. Traumatic injuries remain a specialist interest of mine, and I am the trauma lead in my NHS hospital. I have published a number of articles related to my areas of sub-specialty interest and I have written book chapters on traumatic injuries.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

6th December 2017
Written by a patient at Pinehill Hospital

Would just like to say a massive thank you to Stephan Tai for my knee surgery, from the first day I walked into see him he treated me with great care and really made me feel calm about the whole procedure. Thank you so much

27th November 2017
Written by a patient at Pinehill Hospital

Review for Mr Stephen Tai and Pinehill staff. My age at surgery 50 years old. Brilliant surgeon. Recently had THR left after discovering I had Avascular necrosis of the femur head and after a hip injection previously at addenbrookes, it was time for me to undergo surgery as my pain had increased slowly but surely over the last two years since diagnosis. I was nervous but reassured by the whole procedure by My Tai and felt confident that my operation would be in good hands. I only waited 3 months after consultation to have the operation, all of the staff at Pinehill were very attentive, and I felt quite relaxed and we'll cared for. I would definately recommend Mr Tai as he has changed my life for the better and improved my mobility to normal again. My operation was a great success, and would definately wish Mr Tai to operate if I needed again in the future. Again thank you so much Mr Tai.

28th November 2017
Response from Mr Stephen Tai

Thank you for your feedback. I'm privileged to have played a part in helping you achieve your goal of returning to normal function. I will pass on you thanks to all the great staff at Pinehill Hospital.

28th September 2017
Written by a patient at Pinehill Hospital

Mr. Tai was extremely helpful in his dealings with my questions and I felt completely satisfied with the operation. I recovered extremely quickly and the scar that was left was very small and unobtrusive. He listened to what I said and was very reassuring and I felt very safe in his hands. He has a very friendly manner towards patients and put me very much at ease which to my mind is very valuable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing surgery.

28th September 2017
Response from Mr Stephen Tai

Thank you for your feedback. I'm delighted that you are happy with the results of your operation, and in particular your surgical scar.

14th August 2017
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

Greeting me properly before the consultation. Checking on the move ability of my knee and asking questions to make sure I was happy and showing the X-ray pictures on screen of the replacement knee, what was done and explained the materials used. Mr Tai mentioned a follow up appointment with the special nurse in nine months time to make sure everything was still alright and with no problems. The whole experience I found very good. Meeting Mr Tai before the operation and his assistant explaining what was going to happen down to the nurses afterwards giving good care. I never had any pain the whole time due to the medication given. Mr Tai also visited just before I left the hospital asking if everything was OK.

17th August 2017
Response from Mr Stephen Tai

Thank you for your feedback. I'm delighted you are pleased with the service that you received.

3rd August 2017
Written by a patient at Pinehill Hospital

Mr Tai was very careful on my behalf. Whilst I was in hospital he visited more than once, and over the weekend, after my hip replacement, and was very reassuring with his observations and comments. I am now pain free and regaining my mobility, and my life is altogether better. Thank you!

17th August 2017
Response from Mr Stephen Tai

I'm glad you feel that your quality of life is better after your hip replacement. Thank you for your comments.

Short link to review Mr Stephen Tai: http://iwgc.net/egb9l