Mr Stephen Tai

I am a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, who specialises in adult hip and knee arthroplasty and the management of traumatic injuries. I consult privately at Pinehill Hospital in Hitchin, and One Hatfield Hospital. Having studied medicine at St Mary's Hospital medical school, I underwent specialist training on the highly regarded Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, Specialist Registrar rotation. I then continued my sub specialty training in adult hip and knee replacement surgery on the prestigious year-long fellowship with the Specialist Orthopaedic Group in Sydney, Australia. During this fellowship, I was trained in the latest arthroplasty techniques, including the direct anterior approach to the hip, computer navigated hip replacements and patient specific implants. I have completed a second fellowship in complex trauma at University Hospital, Walsgrave - one of the busiest major trauma centres in the United Kingdom. Traumatic injuries remain a specialist interest of mine, and I am the trauma lead in my NHS hospital. I have published a number of articles related to my areas of sub-specialty interest and I have written book chapters on traumatic injuries.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

2nd February 2018
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

My experience of Mr Tai has been very good. His clinic waits were short he was extremely nice quick and professional and didn't fob me off with a long wait. I was very happy with the way my hip op was handled by him and his team. Everything was explained, everyone was very kind and caring. I experienced no pain during and after op. I was out of hospital after two days and continued to have no pain or problems. I can't thank him enough for improving my life.

5th February 2018
Response from Mr Stephen Tai

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on the care you received from my team and me. I’m delighted you’re please with the results of your surgery and that you were able to leave hospital just two days after your hip operation.

25th January 2018
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

I would like change my opinion on my last review I received a call personally from Mr tai who was concerned to see if I had an appt a very nice and personal thing to do.

5th February 2018
Response from Mr Stephen Tai

Thank you for your comments. I’m glad I was able to help out.

23rd January 2018
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

I had an mri in Dec and wasn't told I had to phone for an appt to get these results I'm in agony and really stressed that I've been told I've got to wait until March 6th it's effecting my work and I need the evidence to prove this it's appalling.

23rd January 2018
Response from Mr Stephen Tai

Many thanks for your feedback. It’s very disappointing to hear that you have had to wait a while for your follow up. I hope you agree that this represents how busy the hospital is and how much pressure the NHS is under, rather than a reflection of the care I personally delivered to you.

17th January 2018
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

I received excellent care from Mr Tai when I had my knee replacement and the staff on swift ward were excellent.

18th January 2018
Response from Mr Stephen Tai

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I’m delighted that you’re pleased with your new knee. I’ll be sure to pass on your praise to the wonderful staff on Swift Ward at the Lister Hospital.

3rd January 2018
Written by a patient at Pinehill Hospital

I recently had a right hip replacement and this was my first experience of major surgery the unknown is always scary but Mr tai put me at ease by talking everything through with me the care taken before and after surgery was all I could ask for I was shown my before and after xrays and was amazed how clever these people are thank you Mr. Tai and your wonderful team for giving me a pain free time again. I will certainly recommend pine hill and especially Mr. Tai thank you.

4th January 2018
Response from Mr Stephen Tai

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I'm so pleased that you felt at ease ahead of your major surgery, as it can be a daunting prospect. I'm delighted that you had a pain free Christmas and I will be sure to pass your thanks onto my wonderful team.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »