mr-sanjay-trikha

Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital
21st December 2019

Following dislocation of both knees I required surgery on my right knee to repair a ruptured patellar tendon and retinacular rupture. Within minutes of being seen by Mr Trikha he had expedited appointments at his clinics and arranged short notice MRI scans ensuring I was able to have surgery 4 days after my first consultation. Nothing was too much trouble and both he and his secretary kept me updated on timing and logistics. At all times I was provided clear, concise information on the procedure, risks and recovery regime. I attended appointments at both the Runnymede Hospital in Chertsey and Nuffield Hospital in Woking with surgery taking place at the Nuffield. Both hospitals and their staff provided a very high standard of care and customer service. On the day of surgery Mr Trikha provided me an additional overview of the procedure, risks and recovery expectations and following surgery I was visited by Mr Trikha on Saturday morning for a review and to run through the requirements for physio. Detailed information and recommendations had been provided to the physio team by Mr Trikha. Two days after surgery I had negligible pain. Five days after surgery, under instruction from the physio, I can perform straight leg lifts to 45 degrees from horizontal and bend the knee well with no discomfort. I am able to bend my leg sufficiently to handle stairs easily, I can sit for long periods to work in a home office setting and have been able to travel and stand to attend sporting events to watch my daughter. Mr Trikha is a consummate professional. Great skill, extensive experience and an ability to communicate clearly. Since first meeting Mr Trikah I have felt totally confident that I have had and will continue to receive the very best advice and care. I would wholeheartedly recommend him.

17th December 2019

I've seen Mr Trikha for two separate issues, about 3 years apart. Both issues required a few appointments, but neither resulted in surgery. The first occasion was more serious but Mr Trikha treated me with a knee brace (for several weeks) followed by physiotherapy and appropriate exercise. On the second occasion Mr Trikha advised that surgery would not make enough positive difference to be worthwhile. Having been a private patient (through insurance) on both occasions it would have been easy to recommend surgery, so I honestly believe Mr Trikha treated me in my best interests. Consequently I would be happy to recommend him to anyone with knee problems.

16th December 2019

I had a knee replacement due to wear and tear and having being very active. Mr Trickha explained in detail the procedure and the physio required after the operation with a specific recommendation of using a Physio Lab ice and compressor 4-6 times a day for a month. After the operation i went to The Clavadel,Guildford for 5 days of care and physio. At no time did i experience any major pain and was walking un aided within a week for short distances. Its been about 14 weeks and i am now back to normal activities walking distances and playing golf. I am confident that i can resume playing tennis and possibly ski again. No more pain and feeling Great

11th December 2019

I visited Paul after enduring a troublesome right knee after an ACL reconstruction done in 2011 (not by Paul!) he diagnosed a slack and loose ACL and quickly organised a X ray on the same day and an MRI the following. On my follow up appointment and viewing the MRI it confirmed Paul’s suspicions. We then discussed my options as I wanted to be continued with my skiing and be active with my hobby of rowing, Paul fully supported my decision to go ahead with the surgery. Paul is very approachable, he gets a good rapport going quickly working out what your expectations are from the surgery. He answered all my questions and queries clearly, and without any jargon. I felt confident and in very safe hands considering I had had a failed procedure before he clearly has vast experience and knowledge. Surgery was booked within 2 weeks of this follow up appointment and now 12 days post op, I am full weight bearing with no crutches. I am absolutely delighted the knee feels 100% better than ever before. If you follow Paul’s instructions do your physio – exercises – etc. you will not be disappointed.

Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital
20th October 2019

In August 2019 I consulted Mr Paul Trikha about the acute valgus of my right knee. This is where the right knee is tilted towards the left and the leg from the knee to the ankle is at a right angle. I had given been given exercises to strengthen quads (thigh muscles) by the Physiotherapist Mrs Suegnet Meyer of Meyer & Associates Weybridge whom I had consulted to improve mobility, and she had advised me to have an MRI scan, which I did and when she read the report she suggested a consultation with the renowned knee specialist Mr Trikha. He recommended a TKR (total knee replacement) surgery. I did not want it, but it was explained to me, that my knee was beginning to cause problems with my back. There really was no alternative. The surgery would take place at the Schoen Clinic at the end of August and I would be there for 3 days. Although I continued with my weekly exercises with Mrs Meyer and purchased an exercise bike for home, I became more apprehensive about the forthcoming surgery. Eventually the date arrived. At the Schoen Clinic Mr Trikha came to see me just before surgery, I was so frightened. The surgery was over and after 3 days a 2 week stay at The Claverdel in Guildford followed. My rehab was very good and when I had the 2 weeks after surgery consultation with Mr Trikha, I was walking indoors without crutches. Feeling really confident, two lovely straight knees and able to wear short skirts. This week I had my six weeks after surgery consultation with M Trikha. Now I can drive, walk indoors and outdoors without crutches, my life has been changed and for the better. Daily exercises, looking good and confident. Mr Trikha, I went into surgery really frightened, now six weeks after surgery, I am looking forward with confidence to an exciting future, free from pain, looking good with two lovely straight knees. Thank you!

Mr Paul Trikha was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Dedicated Specialist Knee Surgeon Consultant Knee Surgeon at Surrey Orthopaedic Clinic. Associate Divisional Director at Ashford and St. Peter's NHS Foundation Trust. Reconstructive surgery for sports injuries, meniscus (cartilage) and knee ligament (ACL) injury Latest surgical treatment techniques for both early and advanced knee arthritis. Expertise in the latest minimally-invasive arthroscopy or ‘key-hole’ surgery techniques Comprehensive specialist knee service for patella (kneecap) problems and knee preserving/replacement surgery including partial and total knee replacement.

Nearest Paediatric surgeons