mr-rohit-jain

7th May 2021

I have recently been discharged from Mr Jains care following my total hip replacement on February 4th and have nothing but praise for him. Throughout the whole process from my initial consultation to the final discharge Mr Jain has been very professional and friendly, he kept me informed every step of the way including not only the positives of the operation but all the possible side effects. The operation was a total success, I was discharged from hospital 24 hours after the operation, walking unaided 2 weeks later and back on the golf course 7 weeks after the operation. I would have no hesitation recommending Mr Jain to anyone and after having x-rays which shows my left hip will probably need replacing in the future I will be requesting Mr Jain to perform the operation

Written by a NHS patient at BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital
2nd May 2021

Mr Jain replaced my knee 8 months ago and my hip 6 weeks ago. He is the ultimate professional. He listens to you attentively and explains all important aspects in clear, understandable terms. He is also incredibly kind. I am 100% satisfied with the outcomes of both surgeries. I could not recommend him more highly!

1st May 2021

I had a total hip replacement at the Spire Alexandra hospital performed by Consultant, Mr Rohit Jain. At every stage of the process I received a very high level of support. MrJain was very reassuring, but at the same time he explained clearly the risks involved, particularly those caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Information about the procedure was explained fully and I felt positive about all the processes involved. After 6 weeks the outcomes are very positive; the site of incision healed completely within 2 weeks with no discomfort and with very minimal scarring. I would like to thank Mr Jain for his fine skills, his courtesy and his no nonsense approach to getting me up and about so quickly. Now the rest is up to me !

Written by a NHS patient at BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital
27th April 2021

I have just had a total hip replacement under the wonderful care of Mr Rohit Jain. From pre-op appointments, the day of surgery and in post-op appointments i struggle to find the words of appreciation I have for this man. He is a great listener and at no time did I feel rushed, I was always made to feel important and valued. I’m a 50 year old (so young-ish) for this type of procedure however Mr Jain and team have turned my life around. It’s as if my pain of many years has been switched off and only just 6 weeks post surgery I feel happier, younger and taller than I have for many many years. The help, care and support given has been fantastic and I’m delighted that the aftercare continues for up to one year which will allow me and my new hip to return to a full and pain free life. Anyone who is a younger patient considering this surgery, I would 100%+ recommend Mr Jain as a great consultant to be with, in the safest of hands. My gratitude and thanks can not really be expressed in words however I will be truly thankful for my referral to Mr Jain who has totally turned my life around. Thank you.

22nd April 2021

Mr. Jain was the 2nd consultant I saw about a total knee replacement. Unlike the first, he was very thorough in communicating the process, potential benefits and possible risks. He also listened to me: he was not patronising but genuinely interested what I had to say. I felt totally able to place my trust in him and this set the context for a very positive experience. The operation and stay in hospital went smoothly and I came home confident in my ability - with physio support - to work hard to get the most positive outcome in terms of recovery and joint flexibility. He was very clear that the responsibility for this part of the journey was mine and I did feel enabled rather than an invalid. It is absolutely key to push your boundaries as a patient (without being reckless) dong as much as you can for yourself rather than accepting all the assistance offered by well-meaning family and friends. He is truly patient centred.

Mr Rohit Jain was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Rohit Jain is a Consultant Orthopaedic Hip, Knee & Trauma Surgeon at Medway Maritime Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, an Associate Teaching Hospital of The University of London. He is fellowship-trained and specialises in lower limb surgery and trauma reconstruction. His main interest is hip and knee replacement and revision surgery. He also has an interest in young adult hip pathology, trauma, enhanced recovery surgery and rehabilitation. Mr Jain attained a National Training Number through an extremely competitive selection process. Thereafter he has completed his specialist training on the prestigious North Western Deanery Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery Training Program. He has accomplished his sub specialist hip & knee arthroplasty training at the Orthopaedic and Arthritic Institute at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in Toronto, Canada, one of North America's leading hospitals for musculoskeletal care, education and research. During his time there he was awarded a Fellowship Diploma from the University of Toronto. This has been further complemented by Sir John Charnley Arthroplasty fellowship at the world-renowned Wrightington Hospital - a centre of Orthopaedic excellence in UK. His sub specialist experience further includes National BOA Transitional Lower Limb Arthroplasty Fellowship and the Academic Exchange Program at world renowned EndoKlinik in Germany. Mr Jain has been actively involved in teaching and training medical students and is the clinical and educational supervisor for junior doctors at SHO & Registrar levels. He is an Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor. Mr Jain is a trainer on FRCS Exam Revision courses and is on the panel of reviewers for the prestigious Bone and Joint Journal. His academic portfolio includes a Post Graduate thesis, numerous publications, research projects, high quality audits, service improvement projects, national & local presentations and 57 training courses. Mr Jain has a safe, effective and a patient-centred approach. The guiding principle of Mr Jain’s clinical & surgical practice is: ‘Do listen to your patients; always have them at the centre of your thinking, that’s what makes the big difference.’

Short link to review Mr Rohit Jain: http://iwgc.net/egdvy