Medway Maritime Hospital

Windmill Road, Gillingham, Kent, England, ME7 5NY

28th August 2018

Amazing hospital

14th July 2018

Everyone that I had contact with during my stay in the hospital were, caring kind & completely dedicated to the care of their patients.

25th April 2018

I was admitted to Medway in April 2017 for emergency surgery to my Gall Bladder. I felt generally the team were exceptional, especially the ward sister who ensures that she takes a turn in all duties; including the bathing of her patients. I feel the only downside, was communication between the doctors rounds and staff on the ward. This was evident when I was unable to access high end pain relief the night before my surgery; which I had already been written up and then a house doctor had put on my notes that I was allergic to the substance; this was not true and resulted in added discomfort for me. I also noticed that doctors told elderly patients about being able to resume their diet whilst on their rounds. However, this took time to filter to the ward staff and some of the elderly patients would have missed out on beverages and meals had I not alerted the staff to double check that these patients were no longer nil by mouth. I feel my surgery went exceedingly well as it was a far more complex operation than originally thought. The after care was wonderful and I feel my agenda was considered at all times. Well done.

25th April 2018

As a healthcare professional, you don't always expect to be ill yourself, however accidents happen, and when they do you expect to be looked after. When i visited outpatient at Medway, the staff were professional, and the area was clean and tidy, the staff worked in organised manner so the clinic times were kept to a minimal limit. My time was only delayed my a few minutes. My consultant was professional and a nurse was available to chaperone if required ( this was not required at my appointment as i had someone).

16th April 2018