Mr Richard Westerman

Hip and Knee Surgeon with a specialist interest in complex and revision hip replacements.

20th November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Meriden Hospital

I recently had an emergency total hip replacement and had to cancel a holiday to Barbados. Mr Westerman explained in detail the procedure and patiently answered our questions and concerns. Prior to and on the morning of the operation Mr Westerman went through the details of the operation and as i was clearly a nervous patient he suggested that I take my headphones and Music in with me , which was a great comfort to me during the operation. Following the successful operation Mr Westerman was happy to confirm the successful outcome and again to answer questions and explain the recovery procedure. After leaving hospital i phoned Mr Westerman regarding a concern i had with the swelling of my leg and foot . This he explain to me was quite normal and i would see the improvement in the next few days but if I had any concerns not to hesitate to ring him. Although i missed my holiday i am now almost fully recovered and would like to thank Mr Westerman for his professional , patient and caring handling of what was to me a very painful condition. We can now look forward to taking the holiday we missed but without the pain.

3rd November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Meriden Hospital

I am a 78 years old woman who has had a total hip replacement procedure at BMI Meriden Hospital. Throughout my three days stay I had excellent attention and treatment from all of the staff. Special mention has to be made though of my surgeon Mr Richard Westerman. I had been in great pain for many months before having the operation but Mr Westerman went to great lengths to explain everything in detail to me. I was extremely nervous and apprehensive about the operation but I received complete reassurance from him to allay my fears. I have just had a seven weeks consultation and Mr Westerman was as delighted with my progress as I am. I started walking without any support after only three and a half weeks and I feel completely rejuvenated. As well as being an obviously first class surgeon Mr Westerman is a genuinely lovely man who has his patients interests at heart and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

3rd November 2017
Written by a patient at University Hospital Coventry

I was extremely nervous prior to my initial appointment with Mr WESTERMAN. I found him to be an extremely patient man, who explained fully why I needed a total hip replacement and what would be happening . I went into the Meriden hospital at Walsgrave on Sept 11th and had my operation. I was in hospital for three days and received wonderful care from ALL the staff. MR Westerman came to see me before my discharge from hospital to reassure me everything had gone to plan. I have the neatest of scars which I am pleased about.I have just had my review with Mr Westerman(7 weeks post op)and everything is great. Mr Westerman is a man who obviously feels passionately about what he does and I would have no hesitation in recommending him, In fact if you want the best he’s your man

5th September 2017
Written by a carer at University Hospital Coventry

Extremely helpful and personable, fully and clearly explained all I need to know regarding my surgery both before and after. I felt very reassured and safe with the care I received from Mr Westerman's and his team.

10th August 2017
Written by a patient at The Warwickshire Nuffield Hospital

Mr Westerman is a very kind, caring and sympathetic Consultant. I had a total hip replacement in October 2016 and was very nervous, but he put my mind at rest, reassured me and answered any questions I had. He is the only Consultant that I have seen that has actually wanted to help me and will be forever grateful for that. The operation was a total success and the aftercare was excellent not only by Mr Westerman, but by all the staff at the Nuffield Hospital. I would highly recommend this Consultant.

Short link to review Mr Richard Westerman: http://iwgc.net/egbhh