Mr Richard Westerman

Hip and Knee Surgeon with a specialist interest in complex and revision hip replacements.

5th September 2017
Written by a carer at University Hospital Coventry

Extremely helpful and personable, fully and clearly explained all I need to know regarding my surgery both before and after. I felt very reassured and safe with the care I received from Mr Westerman's and his team.

10th August 2017
Written by a patient at The Warwickshire Nuffield Hospital

Mr Westerman is a very kind, caring and sympathetic Consultant. I had a total hip replacement in October 2016 and was very nervous, but he put my mind at rest, reassured me and answered any questions I had. He is the only Consultant that I have seen that has actually wanted to help me and will be forever grateful for that. The operation was a total success and the aftercare was excellent not only by Mr Westerman, but by all the staff at the Nuffield Hospital. I would highly recommend this Consultant.

28th July 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Meriden Hospital

I had a hip replacement operation 6 weeks ago and genuine care and consideration was shown to me by Mr Westerman throughout all of my treatment even when blood clots were found on my lungs. He took me through all the procedures of what was going to happen which put me at ease. Nothing was too much trouble. I am truly indebted to Mr. Westerman after being in months of pain. He is a genuine, caring man who I would highly recommend.

28th July 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Meriden Hospital

Excellent care and compassion. I had a very successful hip replacement pain free felt I was provided with the best treatment available rather than the most convenient. The fixed priced package I was provided with was excellent and due to care needs I was provided with an extra days stay within the pacage

19th June 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Meriden Hospital

After consultation with Mr Westerman I was advised that both hips were badly worn and needed replacing. I had the first operation in January of this year and the second in May. I found Mr Westerman to be very approachable and reassuring of my concerns, bearing in mind my age of eighty.When at home I had a couple of problems which he dealt with promptly and successfully over the phone. During my first operation there was a heart complication which was dealt with and Mr Westerman was prompt to reassure me that everything would be fine before the second hip was done. I was very impressed with the neatness of the wound and the efficiency of the dressing after both operations . I found Mr Westerman attentive to detail and gave he me explanations of procedures in clear and concise terms. I always felt as if I was treated as a person, not just a patient.

Short link to review Mr Richard Westerman: http://iwgc.net/egbhh