Mr Richard Westerman

Hip and Knee Surgeon with a specialist interest in complex and revision hip replacements.

« 1 2 3 4 »

3rd January 2018
Written by a patient at University Hospital Coventry

I had a total right knee replacement in September 2017 carried out by Mr Westerman. From initial consultation, through surgery, and follow up consultations I was impressed by the professional and approachable attitude that Mr Westerman showed towards me and my care. My recovery has been completely trouble free and much quicker than I anticipated, I can only put this down the surgical skill of Mr Westerman. To anyone that is in the position of requiring a knee replacement I wholeheartedly recommend Mr Westerman.

2nd January 2018
Written by a patient at University Hospital Coventry

Mr Westerman has been fantastic, from initial consultation, through my surgery and with my follow up consultations. I can only praise his skill as a surgeon, my recovery after a right knee replacement has been rapid and trouble free. He explained everything clearly and in a manner that I could understand and really put my mind at rest about the procedure. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Westerman to anyone needing a knee replacement.

20th November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Meriden Hospital

I recently had an emergency total hip replacement and had to cancel a holiday to Barbados. Mr Westerman explained in detail the procedure and patiently answered our questions and concerns. Prior to and on the morning of the operation Mr Westerman went through the details of the operation and as i was clearly a nervous patient he suggested that I take my headphones and Music in with me , which was a great comfort to me during the operation. Following the successful operation Mr Westerman was happy to confirm the successful outcome and again to answer questions and explain the recovery procedure. After leaving hospital i phoned Mr Westerman regarding a concern i had with the swelling of my leg and foot . This he explain to me was quite normal and i would see the improvement in the next few days but if I had any concerns not to hesitate to ring him. Although i missed my holiday i am now almost fully recovered and would like to thank Mr Westerman for his professional , patient and caring handling of what was to me a very painful condition. We can now look forward to taking the holiday we missed but without the pain.

19th November 2017
Written by a patient at Hospital of St Cross

I have received excellent care whilst having my hip replacement. everything was explained in terms I could understand .after my operation the staff were very caring and the next day MR RICHARD WESTERMAN my consultant . visited again to ensure everything was going well. the physiotherapist visited to ensure everything was in place for my return home and I was able to do the exercises they had given me and my pain relief was adequate . on returning home all has gone exceedingly well .I am enjoying my life again .my consultant was very understanding and reassured me . I would recommend MR WESTERMAN and his team at ST CROSS to any one

3rd November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Meriden Hospital

I am a 78 years old woman who has had a total hip replacement procedure at BMI Meriden Hospital. Throughout my three days stay I had excellent attention and treatment from all of the staff. Special mention has to be made though of my surgeon Mr Richard Westerman. I had been in great pain for many months before having the operation but Mr Westerman went to great lengths to explain everything in detail to me. I was extremely nervous and apprehensive about the operation but I received complete reassurance from him to allay my fears. I have just had a seven weeks consultation and Mr Westerman was as delighted with my progress as I am. I started walking without any support after only three and a half weeks and I feel completely rejuvenated. As well as being an obviously first class surgeon Mr Westerman is a genuinely lovely man who has his patients interests at heart and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

« 1 2 3 4 »