Mr Richard Westerman

Hip and Knee Surgeon with a specialist interest in complex and revision hip replacements.

19th June 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Meriden Hospital

After consultation with Mr Westerman I was advised that both hips were badly worn and needed replacing. I had the first operation in January of this year and the second in May. I found Mr Westerman to be very approachable and reassuring of my concerns, bearing in mind my age of eighty.When at home I had a couple of problems which he dealt with promptly and successfully over the phone. During my first operation there was a heart complication which was dealt with and Mr Westerman was prompt to reassure me that everything would be fine before the second hip was done. I was very impressed with the neatness of the wound and the efficiency of the dressing after both operations . I found Mr Westerman attentive to detail and gave he me explanations of procedures in clear and concise terms. I always felt as if I was treated as a person, not just a patient.

9th June 2017
Written by a patient at University Hospital Coventry

I had a knee replacement at st cross hospital by Mr WESTERMAN the whole process was brilliant as was all the staff could not find fault with anything answered any questions I had as did staff

23rd May 2017
Written by a patient at University Hospital Coventry

Mr Westerman has recently fitted my 3rd and 4th replacement hips. The whole experience has been made a lot less traumatic by Mr Westermans attitude, professionalism , and his genuine personal interest in his patients well being .(mine) A very pleasant , approachable consultant.... Also my after care in walsgrave and just lately cedar ward at st cross was without fail exceptional

17th May 2017
Written by a patient at Hospital of St Cross

Mr Westerman is frankly amazing! My mum went into hospital with a very bad hip and extreme pain and had a hip replacement. He was also able to ensure her legs were the right length at the same time, thereby eliminating a limp she had for years. 8 weeks after the operation she has great quality of life, and is able to enjoy going out for walks which she could not do! I would recommend Mr Westerman to any potential patient.

10th May 2017
Written by a patient at Hospital of St Cross

Mr. Westerman recently operated on me for a total hip replacement. He inspired confidence at the initial consultation and dealt with all my questions in a way that was both easily understood and reassuring. He took the trouble to speak to me after the operation to let me know that everything had gone well. Six months on I am pleased to be able to confirm that the operation has been a total success and at a recent consultation Mr Westerman again dealt with my questions in a friendly and pleasant manner. The treatment I received from both him and all the staff at Rugby St Cross was first class.

Short link to review Mr Richard Westerman: http://iwgc.net/egbhh