Mr Richard Westerman

Hip and Knee Surgeon with a specialist interest in complex and revision hip replacements.

23rd May 2017
Written by a patient at University Hospital Coventry

Mr Westerman has recently fitted my 3rd and 4th replacement hips. The whole experience has been made a lot less traumatic by Mr Westermans attitude, professionalism , and his genuine personal interest in his patients well being .(mine) A very pleasant , approachable consultant.... Also my after care in walsgrave and just lately cedar ward at st cross was without fail exceptional

17th May 2017
Written by a patient at Hospital of St Cross

Mr Westerman is frankly amazing! My mum went into hospital with a very bad hip and extreme pain and had a hip replacement. He was also able to ensure her legs were the right length at the same time, thereby eliminating a limp she had for years. 8 weeks after the operation she has great quality of life, and is able to enjoy going out for walks which she could not do! I would recommend Mr Westerman to any potential patient.

10th May 2017
Written by a patient at Hospital of St Cross

Mr. Westerman recently operated on me for a total hip replacement. He inspired confidence at the initial consultation and dealt with all my questions in a way that was both easily understood and reassuring. He took the trouble to speak to me after the operation to let me know that everything had gone well. Six months on I am pleased to be able to confirm that the operation has been a total success and at a recent consultation Mr Westerman again dealt with my questions in a friendly and pleasant manner. The treatment I received from both him and all the staff at Rugby St Cross was first class.

6th March 2017
Written by a patient at University Hospital Coventry

I had osteoarthritis in my left knee, the pain being unbearable. My G P arranged for me to see Mt Westerman at Coventry University Hospital, Mr Westerman discussed the X rays with me and showed me that i needed a left knee replacement as a matter of urgency. He went through the operation,with me and what needed to be done, to replace the knee, and what would happen during the operation, also discussed was the exercises that needed to be done before and after the operation, to make the operation a complete success. i took his advise and did as he said. The operation was carried and has been a complete success I an now able to walk, and within three weeks was able to ride my pedal cycle with absolutely no pain what so ever. I have seen Mr Westerman since the operation, my knee has had another X ray and the operation was shown to have been a complete success. What a wonderful surgeon i could not speak more highly of him.

Short link to review Mr Richard Westerman: http://iwgc.net/egbhh