Mr Khaled Aneiba

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

24th July 2016
Written by a patient at University Hospital of North Tees

Three years down the line from Mr Aneiba operating on my spine and I still think he and his team at North Tees are brilliant. The care I received before and after my op was first class....but you do have to put in the work yourself. I remember Mr Aneiba saying "I can't give you a new spine, but I can improve your quality of life". To all you patients pre and post operative, you must keep up with your exercises and develop your own strategies. I am a qualified yoga teacher, which helped my recovery, but I know that taking care of my spine is for life. Mr Aneiba gave back my quality of life but it is up to me to maintain it. I'm so pleased to know that Mr Aneiba is still at North Tees.

6th July 2016
Written by a patient at University Hospital of North Tees

I have been in the care of Mr Aneiba for the last 6 years .I had surgery on my back 4 years ago when I had 3 fusions and 2 spacers,but I was left with pain in my left leg and foot I was still in the care of Mr Aneiba and as my leg worsened he said that he would talk to his colleagues about the next step to take as they had more experience in this matter then he did.l found this very reassuring that he knew when to discuss the position he found himself in because he said that it is normally about 10 years before you have any problems. I have just had surgery again to remove scare tissue and some of the metal in my back,it is 6 weeks on form surgery and my pain and all the discomfort are much improved.Mr Aneiba as always explained in detail about what he was doing and what the outcome is likely to be . If l new about some one who had to have surgery l would recommend him as l have had experience of other surgeons in the past and it has not been a good experience.

3rd June 2016
Written by a patient at University Hospital of North Tees

Mr Aneiba is a true gentleman and an excellent consultant. Unfortunately that is where it all ends. My daughter and myself, who have duel appointments, were recently sent for MRI scans. I rang this morning to get an idea of our follow up consultations, and was told that we should have made them after our prior consultations to the MRIs. I have now been given consultations in August, after telling the appointments staff that I have more or less been bed bound for the last three weeks, with unbearable sciatic pain in my right leg. Basically tough, hard luck ! I went to reception after our last consultations to make appointments, and was told that they would be sent through the post. This is the second time that this has happened. One person tells you to make an appointment and another says that they will be posted. This has now added weeks more than we should be waiting. I am an OAP and if I can endure another two months, then months more after the next consultation, then I may just have a few years left of sciatic pain free life. I am very bitter at the obvious lack of correspondence within the four walls of the hospital, regarding the making of follow up appointments. Other than that, well done Mr. Aneiba, look forward to seeing you again. Was going to say before my hair turns grey, but that has already happened ! Kindest regards, John Leather.

29th March 2016
Written by a patient at University Hospital of North Tees

I have just recently had surgery on my back under the care of Mr Aneiba. This is the third operation I have had and I cannot fault the care I have received. I am recovering well and the pain has reduced considerably. I have seen Mr Aneiba many times over the past 4 years and find him to be very caring and supportive. He has written several letters to my employer explaining my medical condition as,he knew they were not taking my restrictions ito consideration. I have recently recommended him to my brother in law who is also suffering with back problems. Although I have private medical care through my employer I chose to have my treatment with the Nhs under Mr Aneiba's care. I cannot thank him enough. The staff at the hospital especially ward 33 are excellent.

18th March 2016
Written by a patient at University Hospital of North Tees

I have recently undergone major spinal surgery in which I had lower 4/5 fusion and pins and rods placed around the area to stabilise my spine. Sections of my lower spinal column had become unstable and slipped inwards to an amount of 14mms in 3 years of suffering with burning pain in my legs and lower back. I was at the point of not being able to walk more than a few hundred yards, could not stand more than 5 minutes without burning pain and could not turn over in bed without having to sit up and turn, because I could not lean backover without catching a nerve in my back. I tried a sacral epidural injection which gave me slight relief for a few weeks but soon was back to minimal movement. Mr Aneiba recommended an operation but I was scared; not having had any operations before, hence why I tried the injection. I also had a consultation with one of Mr Aneiba's team, who sent me for an MRI and XRay it was clear that the slip in my spin was getting worse year on year and there was really no alternative but to try the operation as I was virtually immobile with considerable pain. I decided, discussing with Mr Aneiba and his colleague that I would go ahead. I was still however scared. Anyway, as part of the preparation for the operation, two weeks before, I visited the hospital again and saw an NT Spinal Nurse; mine was called Jason, and he was excellent and put my mind totally at rest, together with that of my partners. We went with numerable questions and he answered all of them throughly and with confident knowledge. We came away calm and confident we were in the best of hands. He assured us he would be in the operating theatre on the day. The preparation and operation went fine; I was in hospital at Stockton on Tees 4 days, and, once the nurses were happy I could fulfil certain necessary functions, had an XRay and saw the Physiotherapist to make sure I could climb stairs up and down, I was released to go home to recover. Mr Aneiba called to the ward on the second day to see if I was recovering OK and, as it was his day off, left his telephone number with the Nurse in case of any problems, which I thought was excellent. I would recommend him and his team and be assured they will do their best to make sure the operation goes well and they are there for your recovery also. I have just had my 6 week checkup and Jason and Mr Aneiba were there to check my progress; I still have some residual pain in the opposite leg, which gets better with movement as the morning progresses. They checked me over, and there is still some swelling at the site of the incision, which will go in time as they think will the pain. I do however, have full flexibility back, which is great. The only constructive suggestion I could make would be to see an NT Nurse earlier in my consultations. As Mr Aneiba doesn't have so much time for each initial consultation, perhaps an NTSpinal Nurse, like Jason, could be scheduled in to give more time to the patients when they are considering surgery. Howewver, in my case it was not possible to have the surgery sooner, as I had no one at home to care for me post operation. This really is necessary as you are very sore for a few days and a bit frightened to move too much. I have my next appointment in 3 months. Thank you to all the team.

Short link to review Mr Khaled Aneiba: http://iwgc.net/efvaw