Mr James Fairley

Consultant ENT - Ear Nose and Throat Specialist Physician and Surgeon

5th January 2017
Written by a patient at One Ashford Hospital

I have consulted Mr Fairley on many occasions since 2011, due to unsatisfactory treatment all that time by my GP. I Wouldnt be alive today if it wasn't for Mr Fairley whose recommendations to check my immune system were ignored by my GP. An operation to correct my continual sinus infections that he was going to undertake was cancelled after my pre op blood test showed I had Neutropenia. He referred me immediately to a superb haematologist, who within one week of tests including a Bone Marrow biopsy, It was discovered that I had Myelodisplastic Syndrome in a severe form which is incurable and will shorten my life considerably. Mr Fairley phoned me on the Saturday morning both to tell me about the cancelled operation and within 10 minutes called me back after seeking a suitable haematologist and advising me that an appointment had been arranged with her on the Monday. I Started the chemotherapy after Christmas 2014 at my local NHS hospital that will keep me stable until it ceases to do this and I will develop Acute Myeloid Leukemia then my death. I have just competed my second year of the chemotherapy and hope it continue to be effective for a bit longer. Mr Fairley's treatment and findings and advice have given me two more years of life which I wouldn't have had unless I had not consulted him. Mrs Fairley's advice freely given during this period has been invaluable. In my case Mr Fairley saved my life. I cannot give a better recommendation for consulting him than that.

6th December 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Chaucer Hospital

Mr James Fairley is very good at his job, he listen to you , examed and found the problem straight away. Explained everything and showed on diagram . He is a very experienced and polite person . If at anytime I had to go back I would only have mr Fairley . Thank you so much in finding my problems ., I would recommend .

9th November 2016
Written by a carer at BMI The Chaucer Hospital

Mr. James Fairley is a very good, experienced and knowledgeable consultant. He was able to correctly diagnose what was wrong with my daughter and treat her accordingly. We were both pleased with the history taking, diagnosing and treatment plan. He explained well with the use of diagrams. I would 100% recommend him without hesitation. My daughter hearing is now OK and she is going back for a review soon. We felt part of the consultation as he took his time and explained everything in a way my daughter and myself understood. One thing that pleased me is that we were able to get a quick appointment ounce we explained the urgency of the matter.

1st November 2016
Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

I found Mr Fairley totally understanding and approachable. He took time to explain in detail, the scan results, and the reason for my hearing loss. I wouldn't hesitate to use him again , should the need arise,and recommend him to others.

26th October 2016
Written by a patient at One Ashford Hospital

Mr Farley gives you total attention and justifiably instills the utmost of confidence in his patients.

Short link to review Mr James Fairley: http://iwgc.net/e4pf