Mr Arifullah Khan

I am a Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Colorectal Surgeon at Mid Cheshire Hospital Foundation Trust and BMI and Spire private hospitals in Cheshire and Manchester. I am a National Trainer for Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery and Minimally Invasive Haemorrhoidal surgery. I also hold the position of Senior Lecturer at Edge Hill University. I am an expert in sports hernia surgery, management of benign and malignant colorectal conditions, bowel cancer screening, surgery for gallbladder stone (cholecystectomy). I am also an expert in treatment of anal fistula, fissure and anal warts. I am a JAG certified endoscopist and perform gastroscopies, colonoscopy and, flexible sigmoidoscopies. I am a Faculty member for the FRCS exit and MRCS examination courses. I am an Appraiser for consultants and on the Panel for the Clinical Excellence Award Committee.

25th November 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Regency Hospital Macclesfield

Mr Khan & his team were very sympathetic to my needs. The procedure was explained fully & the follow up consultation answered all of my questions. I found it difficult to understand why,after taking the Moviprep as instructed it was over 30 hours before I could eat again. Surely there must be a way to adjust the ingestion timings to come more into line with the time of the procedure? The room allocated to me at the hospital was comfortable and well equipped. Thank you for having subtitles on your television. All the staff I came into contact with acted in a very professional manner and all had good communication skills. Many thanks.

25th November 2017
Response from Mr Arifullah Khan

Dear Patient Thank you for your kind feedback. I will pass on you complements to our team. Your views regarding the bowel preparation are very helpful and I will pass it to the committee member who had the role of revising the guidelines for the bowel preparation for the procedure. Kind regards

Written by a patient at Leighton Hospital

Mr Arifullah Khan and his team/Heather and her team, are the most amazing surgical and aftercare teams I have ever come across in a hospital. Mr Khan gave my Dad his life back, everything from diagnosis (Bowel Cancer) through to surgery and aftercare has been second to none, I would thoroughly recommend Mr Khan. Heather and her aftercare team called my Dad nearly every day when he was discharged to see how he was, they answered any queries/worries he had regarding the recovery of his bowel and always put his mind at rest. I can't find one negative from Leighton Hospital and I can't thank the Colorectal team enough, they have gone above and beyond.

23rd November 2017
Response from Mr Arifullah Khan

Dear Patient and family We are pleased to know that your dad has recovered well after his bowel cancer surgery and you have found the after care exceptionally good. I will pass on your kind comments o member of our colorectal multi-disciplinary team. This will help to improve our standards and to improve patients treatment journey.

Written by a patient at BMI The South Cheshire Private Hospital

I have been very impressed with Mr Khan's professional appearance. He is well presented with a calm & confident manner. He explained fully the procedure I was to have & answered my questions candidly. The operation itself could not have been better performed & I am delighted with the successful outcome.

23rd November 2017
Response from Mr Arifullah Khan

Dear Patient Thank you for your kind feedback. I will pass your feed back to our surgical team. This feedback will help to improve patients experience at our hospital

Written by a member of staff at Leighton Hospital

I have worked with mr Khan for the past 12 years he has always behaved in a proffesional manner towards patients and staff.

23rd November 2017
Response from Mr Arifullah Khan

Thank you for your kind feedback, it is very helpful

22nd November 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Regency Hospital Macclesfield

Mr Khan made me feel relaxed, and confident in his ability to treat the problem I saw him with. I was seen at the appointment time, and found him to be thorough in his preliminary examination. His initial diagnosis proved to be correct which required no further surgery beyond a secondary more in-depth examination.

22nd November 2017
Response from Mr Arifullah Khan

Thank you for the kind feedback. This will help to make patients diagnosis & treatment journey smoother.

Nearest Gastroenterologists