Mr Arifullah Khan

I am a Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Colorectal Surgeon at Mid Cheshire Hospital Foundation Trust and BMI and Spire private hospitals in Cheshire and Manchester. I am a National Trainer for Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery and Minimally Invasive Haemorrhoidal surgery. I also hold the position of Senior Lecturer at Edge Hill University. I am an expert in sports hernia surgery, management of benign and malignant colorectal conditions, bowel cancer screening, surgery for gallbladder stone (cholecystectomy). I am also an expert in treatment of anal fistula, fissure and anal warts. I am a JAG certified endoscopist and perform gastroscopies, colonoscopy and, flexible sigmoidoscopies. I am a Faculty member for the FRCS exit and MRCS examination courses. I am an Appraiser for consultants and on the Panel for the Clinical Excellence Award Committee.

Written by a patient at Leighton Hospital
23rd January 2020

Sending a Big Thank You to Mr Khan for saving my life. I was treated for bowel cancer in August 2018 and from our first meeting he put my mind at ease, as i had never had an operation before so i was very scared. Mr Khan is very caring and explained every step of the way. Due to his expertise I had no problems after my operation which was keyhole. Also sending a Big Thank You to all staff who helped me. Thank You Mr Khan

23rd January 2020
Response from Mr Arifullah Khan

Dear Patient Your health and well-being is our prime aim. We are pleased to learn that you are doing well after major complex key hole surgery for bowel cancer. I will pass on you kind message to our Enhance Recovery & Multi disciplinary team at the Mid Cheshire Hospital NHS who have contributed their time & expertise to make your treatment journey as smooth as possible.

23rd January 2020

I was referred to Mr Khan because of abdominal pain and diarrhoea. He carried out two colonoscopies and removed an adenoma and polyps. I was extremely pleased with my treatment and trust him implicitly. Mr Khan is a very skilled surgeon and very thorough. He successfully treated my husband’s bowel cancer ten years ago and he remains well. I cannot praise him enough.

22nd January 2020

Mr Khan treated me for Bowel cancer some years ago.Since then I have had regular check ups but no relapse. Whilst having an understated and caring nature he gives a full explanation of the prognosis and undertakes the operation in a professional and amazingly skilful way My operation was by Keyhole leaving very little scarring,my recollection is that I left Hospital 4 days later. Before the operation he put my mind at ease,if I had to have similar invasive surgery in the future I would not hesitate to contact him.I cannot recommend him enough.

20th January 2020

I recently had to have my gall-bladder removed. I was seen and operated on by Mr Khan. The keyhole procedure went very well with no complications. I found Mr Khan to be caring and professional. I would have no hesitation in recommending him to others.

22nd January 2020
Response from Mr Arifullah Khan

Dear Patient Thank you by our team for your kind words, We are pleased that you have recovered well after your gall bladder surgery (Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy). I will pass your message to our team that has worked together to make your operation a success.

10th January 2020

I would highly recommend Mr Khan and found him to be a most pleasant and caring Consultant. Having needing a recent procedure, Mr Khan, his Theatre team and all of the staff at BMI South Cheshire offered me first class, care and attention during my stay.

10th January 2020
Response from Mr Arifullah Khan

Dear Patient We are please to learn that you were looked after well by the team at BMI South Cheshire Hospital. I will convey your kind comments to the team

Nearest Gastroenterologists