mr-arifullah-khan

Written by a NHS patient at Leighton Hospital
9th August 2022

Seen at Leighton Hospital. After being a patient for nearly a week, said there was nothing wrong with me and ended up in theatre a day later.There was something wrong with me which my wife has pointed out for a week before he would listen.

10th August 2022
Response from Mr Arifullah Khan

Dear Patient Sorry to hear about your admission, The trust has mechanism in place to answer your queries. I do not do on calls at Leighton since last 3 years, hence would not have been involved for your emergency admission & treatment. During COVID time, responsibility is shared by other colleagues hence patients are seen by any team member and treated by on call team. I am happy to arrange a meeting with you along with your records to explain your treatment that you had received at Leighton.

I am a Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Colorectal Surgeon at Mid Cheshire Hospital Foundation Trust and BMI and Spire private hospitals in Cheshire and Manchester. I am a National Trainer for Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery and Minimally Invasive Haemorrhoidal surgery. I also hold the position of Senior Lecturer at Edge Hill University.
I am an expert in sports hernia surgery, management of benign and malignant colorectal conditions, bowel cancer screening, surgery for gallbladder stone (cholecystectomy). I am also an expert in treatment of anal fistula, fissure and anal warts. I am a JAG certified endoscopist and perform gastroscopies, colonoscopy and, flexible sigmoidoscopies.
I am a Faculty member for the FRCS exit and MRCS examination courses. I am an Appraiser for consultants and on the Panel for the Clinical Excellence Award Committee.

Nearest Gastroenterologists