Dr Subramaniam Ramakrishnan

After my basic qualification I have completed more than 15 years of practice in the field of Gastroenterology and General medicine covering all aspects of this specialty. I have been practising as a Consultant Gastroenterologist since 2007 and have a specialist interest in all aspects of endoscopy, gastroenterology, liver and pancreatic disease. I have a keen interest in service development, teaching and training. As endoscopy lead I established a brand new three room endoscopy unit at Warrington Hospital and led the team to achieve national accreditation. I am currently the lead for Advancing Quality programme (AQuA) for the Trust and participate actively in achieving a high quality of care across both medical and surgical divisions of the hospital. As the joint lead for management of alcohol related liver disease for the AQuA programme I have streamlined guidelines for evidence based high quality management of this condition. I teach all levels of trainees nurses and colleagues to update them of recent advances and techniques. I am currently the lead for research in Gastroenterology for the Trust and we are actively recruiting to several national trials. As a keen family man, I enjoy my spare time interacting with children and travelling as much as possible. I also enjoy many sports, particularly cricket.

I pride myself in being very open with patients and am keen to promote a patient centred approach to managing their illnesses. Procedures: Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, ERCP Conditions: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Gastro oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) Ulcerative Colitis/ Crohn's disease Celiac Disease Liver problems Alcohol related problems Gallstones Cancer of gullet, stomach, bowel, pancreas and liver Investigations for: Heartburn, Indigestion, Bloating Constipation, Diarrhoea Bleeding from back passage/stomach/bowel Jaundice Anaemia

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

15th October 2017
Written by a patient at Warrington Hospital

Dr Ramakrishnan was polite, courteous and answered all our questions fully. He provided a good duty of care and had all the relevant information to hand. Overall very happy with his attention and treatment.

4th October 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

Dr Ramakrishnan has been remarkable with his help and kindness during my recent diagnosis of Ulcerative Colitis. He is generous with his time with my appointments, listening to me and explains things in terms that make sense to me. I can not speak highly enough of him.

4th October 2017
Written by a patient at Warrington Hospital

I have been seeing Dr Ramakrishnan now for about 5 years and couldn't be happier with the care and help I have received, I have a lot of anxiety when it comes to my health and hospital appointments but I feel completely comfortable and confident in the service I receive from him and am very happy with the progress I have made in my health over the past few years with his help.

3rd October 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

I was referred to Dr Ramakrishnan after a very traumatic hospital admission. His care has been excellent. Very through and caring. He explainedeverything every step of the way and throughout every test I've had done. His bedside manner is lovely and I trusted him completely. As an ex nurse he spoke with me on a mutual level of understanding and I couldn't have asked for better treatment.

24th August 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

I was referred to Dr Ram with severe stomach pains. His approach to diagnosis was systematic and clearly explained to me. During the investigative procedures undertaken by Dr Ram I found his caring approach and professionalism reassuring. Again, his explanations regarding his findings, his diagnosis and recommended treatment were all carefully explained to me and I was given every opportunity to ask questions. I cannot recommend his professionalism, skills and approachability enough.

Nearest Gastroenterologists