Dr Subramaniam Ramakrishnan

After my basic qualification I have completed more than 15 years of practice in the field of Gastroenterology and General medicine covering all aspects of this specialty. I have been practising as a Consultant Gastroenterologist since 2007 and have a specialist interest in all aspects of endoscopy, gastroenterology, liver and pancreatic disease. I have a keen interest in service development, teaching and training. As endoscopy lead I established a brand new three room endoscopy unit at Warrington Hospital and led the team to achieve national accreditation. I am currently the lead for Advancing Quality programme (AQuA) for the Trust and participate actively in achieving a high quality of care across both medical and surgical divisions of the hospital. As the joint lead for management of alcohol related liver disease for the AQuA programme I have streamlined guidelines for evidence based high quality management of this condition. I teach all levels of trainees nurses and colleagues to update them of recent advances and techniques. I am currently the lead for research in Gastroenterology for the Trust and we are actively recruiting to several national trials. As a keen family man, I enjoy my spare time interacting with children and travelling as much as possible. I also enjoy many sports, particularly cricket.

I pride myself in being very open with patients and am keen to promote a patient centred approach to managing their illnesses. Procedures: Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, ERCP Conditions: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Gastro oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) Ulcerative Colitis/ Crohn's disease Celiac Disease Liver problems Alcohol related problems Gallstones Cancer of gullet, stomach, bowel, pancreas and liver Investigations for: Heartburn, Indigestion, Bloating Constipation, Diarrhoea Bleeding from back passage/stomach/bowel Jaundice Anaemia

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

12th December 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

At my first visit he listened carefully to my symptoms and knowing I was due to go on holiday he promptly arranged for a CT scan, there was a query on this so an MRI scan was quickly arranged with good results. My next step was a gastroscopy then a follow up consultation at which Dr Ram went through what had happened during the procedure in great detail using photographs and explained that everything was normal. After a little advice, I left the clinic feeling very reassured. I found Dr Ram very approachable, attentive and thorough and would not hesitate in recommending him.

5th December 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

I have seen Dr Ramakrishnan (Dr Ram) for both myself and my son. On both occasions we received excellent care. Dr Ram takes his time to explain thoroughly in a caring and sensitive way. I have had both a gastroscopy and colonoscopy, feeling nervous, Dr Ram made me feel as comfortable as possible. Afterwards discussing his findings and putting my mind at ease. With my son, who was referred with back and stomach pains Dr Ram quickly realised the urgency for a diagnosis, explaining his findings in a sympathetic and reassuring way. I would recommend Dr Ram without a doubt.

5th December 2018
Written by a patient at Warrington Hospital

Dr Ramakrishnan is always friendly and listens to your concerns. He explains things very well and seems genuinely interested in making you better.

30th October 2018
Written by a carer at Warrington Hospital

I ACCOMPANIED MY HUSBAND AS HIS CARER TO AN APPOINTMENT AND FOUND THIS Dr TO BE VERY CARING AND COMPASSIONATE. HE WAS A VERY GOOD LISTENER HE MADE US FEEL WELCOME AND GAVE US TIME TO TALK ABOUT THE PROBLEMS THAT MY HUSBAND WAS HAVING. I ALSO HEARD ANOTHER PATIENT SAYING TO HER HUSBAND HOW WELL SHE HAD BEEN TREATED AND WHAT A GENTLE DR HE IS. WE HAVE SEEN DR RAMAKRISHNAN ON MANY OCCASIONS AND HIS MANNER IS ALWAYS VERY CARING AND VERY PROFESSIONAL

16th October 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

I asked for a referral to Dr. Ramakrishnan following six months of poor communication and little or no treatment from my previous consultant. I found Dr. Ramkrishnan to be both an excellent clinician and good communicator. He talked through my condition and the possible reasons for my symptoms. I was quickly scheduled for a colonoscopy, following which I was given a thorough explanation of what he discovered followed by a course of treatment. I responded well to his treatment plan and now six months later have made huge improvements. I would unreservedly recommend Dr. Ramakrishnan to anybody fortunate enough to live within the area where he practices.

Nearest Gastroenterologists