dr-subramaniam-ramakrishnan

Dr Subramaniam Ramakrishnan

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital
20th October 2020

Dr Ramakrishnan has a lovely friendly approach and made me feel at ease. He offered me a light sedation during my recent Gastroscopy which made my experience far more bearable. He explained very carefully the results of my scope, with diagrams and actual photos from the procedure and discussed how we needed to move forward to help with my acid reflux/ GERD symptoms. Would highly recommend him.

Written by a patient at Warrington Hospital
13th October 2020

Dr Ramakrishnan has looked after me for several years, leading to a great improvement in my symptoms and showing a marked reduction in pain and loss of sleep. He is thorough, thoughtful and professional in his investigations, research, manner and treatment. He vastly improved my life and wellbeing and I cannot over emphasise what a true professional and leader he is in the Gastroenterology speciality. I would want no one else to be my consultant as the care I have received has been consistently excellent.

Written by a patient at Warrington Hospital
1st October 2020

After seeing two other gastro specialists and following emergency surgery to remove my large intestine due to undetermined IBD, I was referred to Dr Ram. He diagnosed my Crohns disease and has been treating me for nearly 10 years now, and he has been wonderful. He is caring, compassionate, understanding and always ensures you are involved in decisions about your treatment. His bedside manner is warm and comforting, and it's clear that he knows you, and you're not just another patient on a list. I have been through many different treatments and surgeries, and Dr Ram always makes me feel reassured. He never rushes you, and nothing ever appears to be too much trouble for him. I can't imagine getting better treatment from anyone else.

Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital
24th September 2020

Hi, At a time where I was getting nowhere with understanding what was wrong with me, I was introduced to Dr. Ram. He immediately, took positive steps to determine what was going on and I felt assured that he was doing more than had been done previously with scans and medications. There have been a number of hurdles along the way and Dr. Ram has supported me throughout. I always felt well informed in what was going on in terms of helping me get through the tougher times and planing ahead. I am truly grateful for his time and efforts in getting me to where I am today. Thank you Dr. Ram!

Written by a patient at The Wilmslow Hospital
25th July 2020

After months of frustration and anxiety I was lucky enough to have a consultation with Dr Ramakrishnan. At my initial interview, I was immediately impressed by his compassion, empathy, and kindness which put me totally at ease. The procedure he carried out showed his true professionalism, knowledge, and bedside manner. I would strongly recommend his work to any future patients

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Dr Subramaniam Ramakrishnan was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

After my basic qualification I have completed more than 15 years of practice in the field of Gastroenterology and General medicine covering all aspects of this specialty. I have been practising as a Consultant Gastroenterologist since 2007 and have a specialist interest in all aspects of endoscopy, gastroenterology, liver and pancreatic disease. I have a keen interest in service development, teaching and training. As endoscopy lead I established a brand new three room endoscopy unit at Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and led the team to achieve national accreditation (JAG) in 2009. I am now the lead for the Endoscopy Unit at Spire Cheshire Hospital and In this role led the team in this hospital to achieve national accreditation (JAG) in 2016. I have been the lead for Advancing Quality programme (AQuA) for the Trust and have participated actively in achieving a high quality of care across both medical and surgical divisions of the hospital. As the joint lead for management of alcohol related liver disease for the AQuA programme I have streamlined guidelines for evidence based high quality management of this condition. I teach all levels of trainees nurses and colleagues to update them of recent advances and techniques. I am currently the lead for research in Gastroenterology for the Trust and we are actively recruiting to several NIHR clinical trials and have started recruiting in commercial trials. As a keen family man, I enjoy my spare time interacting with children and travelling as much as possible. I also enjoy many sports, particularly cricket.

I pride myself in being very open with patients and am keen to promote a patient centred approach to managing their illnesses. Procedures: Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, ERCP, Capsule Endoscopy Conditions: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Gastro oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) Ulcerative Colitis/ Crohn's disease Celiac Disease Liver problems Alcohol related problems Gallstones Cancer of gullet, stomach, bowel, pancreas and liver Investigations for: Heartburn, Indigestion, Bloating Constipation, Diarrhoea Bleeding from back passage/stomach/bowel Jaundice Anaemia

Nearest Gastroenterologists