Dr Subramaniam Ramakrishnan

After my basic qualification I have completed more than 15 years of practice in the field of Gastroenterology and General medicine covering all aspects of this specialty. I have been practising as a Consultant Gastroenterologist since 2007 and have a specialist interest in all aspects of endoscopy, gastroenterology, liver and pancreatic disease. I have a keen interest in service development, teaching and training. As endoscopy lead I established a brand new three room endoscopy unit at Warrington Hospital and led the team to achieve national accreditation. I am currently the lead for Advancing Quality programme (AQuA) for the Trust and participate actively in achieving a high quality of care across both medical and surgical divisions of the hospital. As the joint lead for management of alcohol related liver disease for the AQuA programme I have streamlined guidelines for evidence based high quality management of this condition. I teach all levels of trainees nurses and colleagues to update them of recent advances and techniques. I am currently the lead for research in Gastroenterology for the Trust and we are actively recruiting to several national trials. As a keen family man, I enjoy my spare time interacting with children and travelling as much as possible. I also enjoy many sports, particularly cricket.

I pride myself in being very open with patients and am keen to promote a patient centred approach to managing their illnesses. Procedures: Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, ERCP Conditions: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Gastro oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) Ulcerative Colitis/ Crohn's disease Celiac Disease Liver problems Alcohol related problems Gallstones Cancer of gullet, stomach, bowel, pancreas and liver Investigations for: Heartburn, Indigestion, Bloating Constipation, Diarrhoea Bleeding from back passage/stomach/bowel Jaundice Anaemia

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

25th May 2018
Written by a patient at Warrington Hospital

Dr. Ramakrishnan is a remarkable doctor, who has treated both myself and my husband. He has a brilliant manner that puts you totally at ease. Being treated as a person, not a number, is rare with doctors these days. He is totally thorough, going through all procedures and results with you. A talented, experienced doctor, you could not ask for more from him. The total package! Warrington Hospital, listen to the patients, and hold onto him as long as you can.

8th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

Dr Rami is a warm and friendly gentleman, whom I would not hesitate to return and recommend to family and friends. Everything was explained from start to finish and complete transparency with procedures and results. Thank you.

4th May 2018
Written by a patient at Warrington Hospital

Dr. Ramakrishnan has been my specialist since 2009. I have always found him to be a quietly-spoken and very friendly person to deal with. With the correct medication prescribed, he has successfully kept my colitis in a near dormant state for the past eight years, which is to be commended. He has always erred on the side of caution with his recommended dosage to prevent any future flare-ups. I have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone who has had a similar IBS condition.

4th May 2018
Written by a patient at The Wilmslow Hospital

I recently consulted Dr. Ram. which led to an investigation by colonoscopy (and a subsequent follow-up discussion). Throughout the whole situation Dr. Ram. was very professional. Whilst he was objective in seeking to understand the likely cause of my need to consult him and very clear about what he advised (as one would expect) he was, at the same time, very caring and patient. During the consultation he was helpful, spent the time that I wanted and needed to get across my position/situation and throughout he struck a good balance between listening and talking. At the start (and during the investigation procedure which was performed under sedation) he was pleasant, calm and reassuring and I felt comfortable that I was in the care of a considerate, efficient and expert person. This was the case immediately after the procedure and during the follow-up discussion. Overall I felt that I was treated as an individual and consider that I received the best level of care possible.

3rd May 2018
Written by a patient at Warrington Hospital

I have under the care of Dr Ram for over 15 years he has always made me feel at ease and fully informed. I never feel rushed during appointments. I am lucky to have Dr Ram as my consultant!

Nearest Gastroenterologists