Dr Subramaniam Ramakrishnan

After my basic qualification I have completed more than 15 years of practice in the field of Gastroenterology and General medicine covering all aspects of this specialty. I have been practising as a Consultant Gastroenterologist since 2007 and have a specialist interest in all aspects of endoscopy, gastroenterology, liver and pancreatic disease. I have a keen interest in service development, teaching and training. As endoscopy lead I established a brand new three room endoscopy unit at Warrington Hospital and led the team to achieve national accreditation. I am currently the lead for Advancing Quality programme (AQuA) for the Trust and participate actively in achieving a high quality of care across both medical and surgical divisions of the hospital. As the joint lead for management of alcohol related liver disease for the AQuA programme I have streamlined guidelines for evidence based high quality management of this condition. I teach all levels of trainees nurses and colleagues to update them of recent advances and techniques. I am currently the lead for research in Gastroenterology for the Trust and we are actively recruiting to several national trials. As a keen family man, I enjoy my spare time interacting with children and travelling as much as possible. I also enjoy many sports, particularly cricket.

I pride myself in being very open with patients and am keen to promote a patient centred approach to managing their illnesses. Procedures: Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, ERCP Conditions: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Gastro oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) Ulcerative Colitis/ Crohn's disease Celiac Disease Liver problems Alcohol related problems Gallstones Cancer of gullet, stomach, bowel, pancreas and liver Investigations for: Heartburn, Indigestion, Bloating Constipation, Diarrhoea Bleeding from back passage/stomach/bowel Jaundice Anaemia

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

6th June 2017
Written by a patient at The Wilmslow Hospital

I have been referred to Dr Ramakrisnan about 9 years ago after being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, and can’t praise him enough. I foumf Dr Ram to be an absolute gentleman, caring, a dedicated and very skilled professional. He always has time to talk about my issues in depth and is open to looking at new ways of dealing with them. I can’t speak highly enough of the support that he has given me.

22nd May 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

I found Dr Ram really polite and a great listener. His diagnosis and prescribed treatment has changed my life. He was recommended by my GP and I am delighted with the results of my referral. I would encourage anyone requiring a gastroenterologist to search him out.

18th May 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

I have recently been treated by Dr Ramakrishnan at Spire Cheshire and would highly recommend him. He was extremely polite, friendly, and easy to talk to and put me completely at ease. He explained everything in detail and took time to answer any questions. Thank you Dr Ram and all the staff at Spire Cheshire.

10th May 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

Very friendly and approachable doctor. Took great care and time to explain medical issues and results clearly. Thorough in his examination and testing. Provided helpful and reassuring advice.

8th May 2017
Written by a patient at Warrington Hospital

I have been seeing Dr Subramaniam Ramakrishnan since around 2010. He has overseen my condition of ulcerative colitis, which, thankfully has largely remained dormant for well over five years now, thanks to his careful regulation of my medicine intake. A very friendly and approachable doctor, who I would gladly recommend to anyone with a similar condition to mine.

Nearest Gastroenterologists