Dr Subramaniam Ramakrishnan

After my basic qualification I have completed more than 15 years of practice in the field of Gastroenterology and General medicine covering all aspects of this specialty. I have been practising as a Consultant Gastroenterologist since 2007 and have a specialist interest in all aspects of endoscopy, gastroenterology, liver and pancreatic disease. I have a keen interest in service development, teaching and training. As endoscopy lead I established a brand new three room endoscopy unit at Warrington Hospital and led the team to achieve national accreditation. I am currently the lead for Advancing Quality programme (AQuA) for the Trust and participate actively in achieving a high quality of care across both medical and surgical divisions of the hospital. As the joint lead for management of alcohol related liver disease for the AQuA programme I have streamlined guidelines for evidence based high quality management of this condition. I teach all levels of trainees nurses and colleagues to update them of recent advances and techniques. I am currently the lead for research in Gastroenterology for the Trust and we are actively recruiting to several national trials. As a keen family man, I enjoy my spare time interacting with children and travelling as much as possible. I also enjoy many sports, particularly cricket.

I pride myself in being very open with patients and am keen to promote a patient centred approach to managing their illnesses. Procedures: Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, ERCP Conditions: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Gastro oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) Ulcerative Colitis/ Crohn's disease Celiac Disease Liver problems Alcohol related problems Gallstones Cancer of gullet, stomach, bowel, pancreas and liver Investigations for: Heartburn, Indigestion, Bloating Constipation, Diarrhoea Bleeding from back passage/stomach/bowel Jaundice Anaemia

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

2nd February 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

I had an anaemia problem when I was put under the care of Dr Ram and I had to undergo several different procedures. At the start, during and end he was reassurring, explaining what was going to happen and what was happening during the procedure. He is polite and listens to what you have to say too. He kept my GP informed as to what procedures I needed to have and wrote to her after each one with the results. He took great care in explaining some minor indications to make sure that I wasn't worried about them. Together with the staff at the Spire Hospital my treatment could not have been better.

27th January 2017
Written by a patient at Warrington Hospital

I had two ercp procedures carried out by Dr Ram, he took the time to explain the procedures to me and made me feel very relaxed. Also took the time after procedure to explain what he had done and the next steps. Amazing Doctor.

24th January 2017
Written by a patient at Warrington Hospital

I am very pleased with Dr Ramakrishnar he gave me the best of attention explained everything clearly to me performed 3 procedures and removed two pollips that could have turned to cancer had all clear today Thank you very much J B Stevenson

24th January 2017
Written by a patient at Warrington Hospital

I have been under the care of Dr Ram since 2007 with my crohns disease. He has been exceptional throughout and I consider him my hero and I have complete faith in him when it comes to managing my disease. I really cannot think of how he could improve his care when he already gives 110%.

20th December 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

Dr Ram is very approachable and listened carefully when I explained my symptoms. He organised my treatment in a straightforward manner and checked my understanding at each stage. He also liased with my G.P. promptly after each of my two consultations and arranged follow up care. He is a lovely caring man and a highly competent Consultant.

Nearest Gastroenterologists