Dr Subramaniam Ramakrishnan

After my basic qualification I have completed more than 15 years of practice in the field of Gastroenterology and General medicine covering all aspects of this specialty. I have been practising as a Consultant Gastroenterologist since 2007 and have a specialist interest in all aspects of endoscopy, gastroenterology, liver and pancreatic disease. I have a keen interest in service development, teaching and training. As endoscopy lead I established a brand new three room endoscopy unit at Warrington Hospital and led the team to achieve national accreditation. I am currently the lead for Advancing Quality programme (AQuA) for the Trust and participate actively in achieving a high quality of care across both medical and surgical divisions of the hospital. As the joint lead for management of alcohol related liver disease for the AQuA programme I have streamlined guidelines for evidence based high quality management of this condition. I teach all levels of trainees nurses and colleagues to update them of recent advances and techniques. I am currently the lead for research in Gastroenterology for the Trust and we are actively recruiting to several national trials. As a keen family man, I enjoy my spare time interacting with children and travelling as much as possible. I also enjoy many sports, particularly cricket.

I pride myself in being very open with patients and am keen to promote a patient centred approach to managing their illnesses. Procedures: Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, ERCP Conditions: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Gastro oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) Ulcerative Colitis/ Crohn's disease Celiac Disease Liver problems Alcohol related problems Gallstones Cancer of gullet, stomach, bowel, pancreas and liver Investigations for: Heartburn, Indigestion, Bloating Constipation, Diarrhoea Bleeding from back passage/stomach/bowel Jaundice Anaemia

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

9th November 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

Dr Ramakrishnan was obviously very professional but also very friendly and easy to discuss my problems with. He was also very thorough, particularly organising follow up care to try and ensure there should be no problems in future. The procedures themselves, whilst not pleasant, were carried out with concern to provide as little discomfort as possible.

31st October 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

I have had a reoccurring gastro problem for many years investigated by other doctors without success, after seeing Dr Ram he left no stone unturned and full investigations took place culminating with a tablet endoscopy (pill cam), i was initially very concerned about the procedure, but after having it it was so easy and not at all uncomfortable, i would recommend the procedure highly. Dr Ram is an excellent doctor who is very patient friendly.

4th October 2016
Written by a patient at Warrington Hospital

I write on behalf of my husband and myself. (Ian Funnell and Valerie Park-Funnell). My husband had an appointment with Dr Ram on Thursday last and once again it was like meeting an old friend. The consultant was as usual his kind and attentive self . He has been looking after Ian's ailments for over eight years with his excellent, never changing 100% care and consideration. In this much changing world of medications and medical staff, Dr Ram has been a solid rock in his own way, and a steadying factor that has always left us leaving the appointment feeling much better. Thank you seems so little to say,but we both feel he is a credit to the medical profession and a great asset to Warrington Hospital. Five star in every field.

28th September 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

Dr Ramakrishnan is a kind, thoughtful, highly skilled and knowledgable doctor. He immediately put me at ease. He clearly and patiently explained all procedures and results. He undertook procedures with kindness which is so important in what can feel an embarrassing situation. He answered all my questions patiently and with an empathetic manner. I now have confidence to deal with the bowel issues I have. I would highly recommend him. Thank you so much Dr Ram.

31st August 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

A caring doctor who explains everything simply and answers all your questions without making you feel like you are wasting his time. Very knowledgeable in his field. Would highly recommend him.

Nearest Gastroenterologists