Dr Subramaniam Ramakrishnan

After my basic qualification I have completed more than 15 years of practice in the field of Gastroenterology and General medicine covering all aspects of this specialty. I have been practising as a Consultant Gastroenterologist since 2007 and have a specialist interest in all aspects of endoscopy, gastroenterology, liver and pancreatic disease. I have a keen interest in service development, teaching and training. As endoscopy lead I established a brand new three room endoscopy unit at Warrington Hospital and led the team to achieve national accreditation. I am currently the lead for Advancing Quality programme (AQuA) for the Trust and participate actively in achieving a high quality of care across both medical and surgical divisions of the hospital. As the joint lead for management of alcohol related liver disease for the AQuA programme I have streamlined guidelines for evidence based high quality management of this condition. I teach all levels of trainees nurses and colleagues to update them of recent advances and techniques. I am currently the lead for research in Gastroenterology for the Trust and we are actively recruiting to several national trials. As a keen family man, I enjoy my spare time interacting with children and travelling as much as possible. I also enjoy many sports, particularly cricket.

I pride myself in being very open with patients and am keen to promote a patient centred approach to managing their illnesses. Procedures: Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, ERCP Conditions: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Gastro oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) Ulcerative Colitis/ Crohn's disease Celiac Disease Liver problems Alcohol related problems Gallstones Cancer of gullet, stomach, bowel, pancreas and liver Investigations for: Heartburn, Indigestion, Bloating Constipation, Diarrhoea Bleeding from back passage/stomach/bowel Jaundice Anaemia

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

17th July 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

I found Dr Ramakrishnan very empathetic. He listened to my concerns and responded clearly and appropriately. He is clear and supportive and takes the time necessary to reassure and explain. I have no hesitation in recommending him.

2nd July 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital

My symptoms presented Dr Ram with a bit of a puzzle, immediately he created a plan of tests / scans / procedures to find out what was wrong. The diagrams that were drawn each time to explain the next step were always helpful. I left from my first appointment feeling confident that, at last, I would get some answers. I was listened to, I was expertly questioned so all my symptoms were understood. Dr Ram completed a gastroscopy and diagnosed me with Coeliac. The procedure was very quick, the whole team team at Spire made my brief stay comfortable and pleasant. I am very grateful that Dr Ram was able to complete the procedure outside of his usual gastroscopy schedule. It was very kind of the hospital to accommodate my anxiety and allow my husband to stay close by. I appreciated being able to see my MRI scans and the pictures from the procedure. The quality of the scan was amazing, and very helpful in my diagnostic journey.

20th June 2018
Written by a patient at Warrington Hospital

Dr Ram is very approachable and takes great care to make sure you fully understand your condition and treatment options. He has a lovely manner and takes a genuine interest in you.You know he cares and you are not 'just another patient'. I trust him implicitly and he always makes me feel like I am involved in decisions about my treatment. He has been very accessible and helpful when I have required advice or support between routine appointments. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Ram to others.

31st May 2018
Written by a patient at Warrington Hospital

Dr Ram has been seeing me for 10 years+- in that time he has been caring, kind- highly professional - remarkable in his knowledge and spot on with his treatment of my condition. He listens to my queries and answers all of my concerns- my visits are always a pleasure- it is like seeing an old friend- it fills me with confidence when visiting- he is always positive and assured- I trust him completely- I couldn't be in better hands

25th May 2018
Written by a patient at Warrington Hospital

Dr. Ramakrishnan is a remarkable doctor, who has treated both myself and my husband. He has a brilliant manner that puts you totally at ease. Being treated as a person, not a number, is rare with doctors these days. He is totally thorough, going through all procedures and results with you. A talented, experienced doctor, you could not ask for more from him. The total package! Warrington Hospital, listen to the patients, and hold onto him as long as you can.

Nearest Gastroenterologists