miss-lucy-khan

Written by a NHS patient at BMI King's Park Hospital
7th June 2021

I couldn't recommend Miss Khan enough , from my first appointment after being dialogized with breast cancer. She was happy to answer all my questions putting me at ease. I underwent therapeutic bilateral surgery, and i am over the moon with the results, size and scarring which is healing perfectly. I could not have asked for better! Thank you so much

2nd April 2021

I have worked as a junior doctor with Miss Khan since August and have hugely benefitted from her expertise and guidance over this time. As a surgical trainee with an interest in specialising in breast, Miss Khan has provided me with excellent opportunities both in theatre and out, for example working on a case report and poster presentation. She is passionate about teaching and is one of the most supportive consultants I have worked for. She has a lovely manner with patients and always goes the extra mile to ensure they receive the best care possible. She is both professional and compassionate and I have witnessed time and again how this has built an excellent rapport with her patients. In theatre, Miss Khan is friendly and welcoming to all members of the team which goes a long way in helping things run smoothly. She encourages questions and takes time to explain things when necessary, promoting a safe and efficient theatre environment.

Written by a patient at BMI King's Park Hospital
5th October 2020

I first met Ms Khan when I was told I needed a mastectomy and I expressed an interest in reconstruction surgery. On that first appointment with her, she put me at ease completely with her knowledge and experience of this procedure. She took control of the situation making suggestions on what would be best for me given my size and build and recommended reconstruction using implants. She is meticulous to detail and also did surgery on my other breast to ensure symmetry. I am absolutely delighted with the result. The size and shape is perfect and better than I could ever have imagined. The scarring is minimal and the discomfort after surgery only lasted a few days. Ms Khan also insisted that I contact her directly should I have any worries or concerns after the surgery. I cannot rate her highly enough.

I am a consultant oncoplastic breast surgeon working at NHS Forth Valley and BMI Kings Park. I am a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. I have trained and worked in Edinburgh, at the Edinburgh Breast Unit, and in Surrey, at Frimley Park Hospital. I was previously a consultant in Cheshire. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your care. If you wish to contact me directly you are very welcome to do so via my linkedin webpage or by contacting my secretary at Forth Valley Royal Hospital.

Short link to review Miss Lucy Khan: http://iwgc.net/ehluu