Dr Haroun Gajraj

Dr Haroun Gajraj is a vascular surgeon with a specialist interest in varicose veins, thread veins and related vein complications. He treats veins on the legs, face and hands and has over 30 years experience. Formerly an NHS consultant for 13 years, Dr Gajraj specialises exclusively in non-surgical walk in, walk out treatments under local anaesthetic in VeinCare clinics in Dorset, Somerset and Bristol. For more information see www.theveincarecentre.co.uk or call 0800 698 3467 (01935 873 951)

• Vascular and Transplant Surgery

27th April 2017
Written by a patient at The Melbury Clinic

I had varicose vein treatment by on 18th January ( EVLA & phlebectomy). Examination pre-treatment was thorough, & the suggested treatment was fully explained. The treatment was performed skillfully, by Dr Gajraj, aided throughout by two excellent nurses,and I was informed of progress all through the procedure. I had a fainting episode during the treatment, which was spotted before I was aware of it myself, due to the monitoring equipment used, & was dealt with speedily & efficiently. The results are excellent, & I can wear shorts again without feeling self-conscious. It isn't the cheapest clinic for vein treatment, but I am very satisfied with the very high standard of service. Thank you very much to all at the Melbury Clinic. Michael Seward.

5th May 2017
Response from Dr Haroun Gajraj

Thank you for your positive comments. We monitor our patients very carefully during their procedures: blood pressure, pulse and oxygen levels are continuously checked and if patients have any "fainting issues" - known medically as vaso-vagal episodes- we can take measures to quickly remedy the problem. Safety as well as quality of outcome are very important to us at The Melbury Clinic.

6th April 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Harbour Hospital

Dr Haroun Gajraj and his staff were very helpful in alleviating and doubts I had about my procedure. Very kind and curtious. I would have no problems in recommending this clinic to my family and friends.

5th May 2017
Response from Dr Haroun Gajraj

Thank you for your kind feedback.

20th March 2017
Written by a patient at The Melbury Clinic

I had varicose vein treatment on both legs in February this year at the Melbury Clinic. Dr Gajraj and his staff provided excellent treatment and care. The procedure was very well explained to me and all my questions answered. The treatment was straightforward and pain free, even the following days there was no pain. A big thank you to Dr Gajraj and his team.

24th March 2017
Response from Dr Haroun Gajraj

Thank you for your kind feedback.

16th March 2017
Written by a carer at BMI The Harbour Hospital

Lovely person and took time to listen even if getting duo information giving from the both of us. Treated my mum so well. Thank you I was seen at the vein clinic at 4 queens sq, Bristol.

17th March 2017
Response from Dr Haroun Gajraj

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to be be able to help your mum access the care she needs.

12th February 2017
Written by a patient at Transform Medical Group, Bristol

I first consulted Dr Gajraj in January 2014 when I had a very painful ulcer on my leg, it was being dressed by a nurse, but there was no improvement, Dr Gajraj assured me he could heal the ulcer within weeks, with compression stockings, which I started wearing at the end of February, and I was free of ulcers by mid April, with no more trouble since. I saw Gajraj again recently for reassurance as I am hoping to go on a long haul flight, after a scan he has assured me I am at no more risk of DVT than anyone else. I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr Gajraj to anyone with vein problems. With many thanks Rosemary Hill.

26th February 2017
Response from Dr Haroun Gajraj

Thank you Mrs Hill for your kind feedback. Leg ulcers are very distressing and I was delighted that your ulcer healed so quickly with the correct treatment. For the majority of people, standard advice will avoid recurrence or other complications such as DVT on long haul flights.

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons