Mr Jonathan Ockrim

13th February 2018
Written by a carer at Yeovil District Hospital

My husband died horribly as a result of a missed bowel cancer by Mr Jonathan Ockrim. My suggestion to him would be to read the referral letter and to focus completely on the patient at the time of first consultation; to put his DUTY OF CARE to the patient first and foremost; take a full history from the patient; listen to the patient; make a full and considered care plan; not to discharge before the reason for referral has been fully investigated.

18th July 2014
Written by a carer at Yeovil District Hospital

Mr Ockrim operated on my dear Mother on the 1st of July, he met with my sister Claire and I to discuss everything and he showed great compassion and care to us as well as my Mum. The operation was explained to be very complicated and as she is 81 years old it was not an easy task to undertake. However, my Mother was faced with the decision to either operate or face palliative care or go a head and have the surgery. After a long conversation with my Mother and Mr Ockrim, she decided that she would go a head and have the surgery. Mr Ockrim called me after the operation and was very pleased with the out come. My Mother now continues improving every day and me and my family owe our thanks to the skill and compassion that Mr Ockrim continues to give.

Short link to review Mr Jonathan Ockrim: http://iwgc.net/ed93i