Mr Jonathan Ockrim

Written by a NHS patient at Yeovil District Hospital
1st March 2021

I took my 90yr old blind Father to see this Doctor on the recommendation of his surgery. He had ongoing symptoms that were worsening. He took one look at Dad, and fairly much minimised the symptoms. I put him right and explained exactly what was happening. He turned to me and asked me what I expected him to do. He seemed surprised when I asked him to do his job. He then took a 5 minute call from a colleague. That’s a long time when we were just sat there. He eventually ended his call, took another look at Dad and said ‘we’ll do some tests, if you want’. He made it perfectly obvious that he didn’t think it was worth it. On leaving his office, Dad observed quite loudly that ‘that bloke didn’t want to see me’. Even he was aware of this Surgeons dismissive attitude. Dad eventually decided not to have the very invasive tests done. He was diagnosed, not long after a collapse, by a simple CT scan ordered by the wonderful Emergency Dept. He had Large Bowel, Small Bowel and bladder Cancer. He died 4 months later. He maybe a Consultant but his attitude was appalling.

Short link to review Mr Jonathan Ockrim: http://iwgc.net/ed93i