Mr Nader Francis

17th January 2019
Written by a patient at Yeovil District Hospital

I've been under the care of Mr Francis since 2011 as I needed a sub-total colectomy and j-pouch formation due to UC and the consequences of the disease. This has resulted in 3 major operations and 7 smaller procedures under anaesthesia. His skill with regards to key hole is second to none. I've seen other people who have paid a lot of money privately to have the same surgery as me & they have had huge scars, which themselves have caused further issues & delayed recovery, and care that when I compare to my care from Mr Francis is very disappointing. He has also been very forward thinking with regards to my care and the disease affecting me, seeking solutions & guidance elsewhere when required. I have been unbelievably happy with the treatments, surgeries and care I have received from Mr Francis and his team.

1st October 2018
Written by a patient at Yeovil District Hospital

Mr Francis is an old school doctor his people skills need work especially with regard to younger people with complex needs. He is better suited to the older patient. He is a caring person but his own views mean he doesn’t listen or try to understand his patient. I’m sad to say my kin has now moved away from this Consultant he is what you’d expect from a small town general hospital. If you want more than ok care for your loved one and a Doctor who will take the time to listen and create a plan of treatment that is acceptable then this isn’t the surgeon for you. If your condition is relatively simple to deal with through key hole you will be ok.

Short link to review Mr Nader Francis: http://iwgc.net/efkjm