Dr Haroun Gajraj

Dr Haroun Gajraj is a vascular surgeon with a specialist interest in varicose veins, thread veins and related vein complications. He treats veins on the legs, face and hands and has over 30 years experience. Formerly an NHS consultant for 13 years, Dr Gajraj specialises exclusively in non-surgical walk in, walk out treatments under local anaesthetic in VeinCare clinics in Dorset and Somerset. For more information see www.theveincarecentre.co.uk or call 01935 873 951

• Vascular and Transplant Surgery

26th January 2017
Written by a patient at The Melbury Clinic

I had such an excellent service from Dr Gajraj and his team. I was very nervous, but they put me at such ease, that I spent most of the operation laughing at something or other. The actual operation/treatment (Clarivein) that I had, was reasonably quick, didn't hurt and I was informed of each process as it happened. Since coming home, I have had hardly any pain and have been able to move around well. It has been such a positive experience and I wish I had got my veins treated years ago!

2nd February 2017
Response from Dr Haroun Gajraj

Thank you. My staff and I at the VeinCare Centre Melbury Clinic like to think we understand how nervous having treatment can be. We always do our best to reassure nervous patients and it is good to hear we succeeded in your case.

26th January 2017
Written by a patient at The Melbury Clinic

I received treatment for varicose veins in one leg. Throughout the consultations and surgey Dr Gajraj was polite, courteous, respectful and understanding of my concerns. He gave me a clear explanation of why I had the varicose veins and how the procedure would work. During the surgery he was calm and reassuring, informing me of what he was doing and what I might feel. With Dr Gajraj at all times was the excellent nurse, Kim. She was friendly, understanding and reassuring. The treatment was done under local anaesthetic, I was able to get on with my everyday activities straight away (though I waited a couple of weeks to go running again). I am absolutely delighted with the results!

22nd January 2017
Written by a patient at The Melbury Clinic

Very professional, good listener and gave clear explanations of the procedure. Has an excellent team of nurses and administration staff and the whole clinic runs well whilst maintaining a patient friendly atmosphere.

2nd February 2017
Response from Dr Haroun Gajraj

Thank you for your feedback. At the Melbury Clinic VeinCare Centre, we have built a team approach to care. Every member of our team makes a valuable contribution to the successful outcomes for our patients. Thank you for your recognition.

15th January 2017
Written by a patient at The Melbury Clinic

He explains the treatment clearly and tells you what he is doing each step.

15th January 2017
Written by a patient at Transform Medical Group, Southampton

Dr Gajraj recently treated my varicose veins. He was very professional from the start and clearly explained what the treament and aftercare would entail. During the procedure he continued to explain what he was doing in a quiet, reassuring manner. Having taken the bandages off after 48 hours as directed I was very pleased to find there was very little bruising or swelling. On the third day after treatment I was able to manage a forty minute walk. I would highly recommend Dr Gajraj if you need varicose vein treatment.

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons