mr-nick-little

Written by a NHS patient at Ashtead Hospital
31st January 2023

Mr Nick Little treated me for trigger thumb. After trying a couple of steroid injections (which reduced the symptoms for just a short period each time) he operated on my thumb. The operation was a complete success and, just three weeks later, I have complete use of my thumb once again. There is no triggering, and I have the same full range of flexibility / movement as my other thumb / hand. I am absolutely delighted with the results. Not only is Mr Little an excellent hand surgeon, he is also a great communicator - he took the time to explain everything to me each time we met, in non-technical terms that I could understand. In summary, I highly recommend him!

Written by a private patient at Ashtead Hospital
31st January 2023

Excellent experience, Nick knew exactly what my shoulder issue was and explained the process to resolution thoroughly.

Written by a NHS patient at Epsom General Hospital
26th January 2023

I was referred to Mr Little regarding a bony lump on the back of my hand that was impairing movement. After consultation this was removed under local anaesthetic with the use of an arm block injection. After the effects of the arm block fully wore off I had full movement and minimal pain that did not require the use of any painkillers. I was very pleased with the outcome.

Written by a private patient at Ashtead Hospital
24th January 2023

Mr Little explained everything clearly. Advised I had Physio after my operation. My physio Hussain was gentle, but very firm about importance of exercise. I also take a Pilates class run by a physio called Sandie. With the help of everyone I am now pain free and have about 95% movement in my shoulder . It is still work progress, but a year later I am still glad I had the procedure.

Written by a NHS patient at Epsom General Hospital
21st January 2023

I had arthritis in both shoulders in 2019 and I saw Mr Little who had Xrays done of my shoulders . As it was not in a very advanced state it would be best to go down a physio route which worked very well as well as having shoulder injections . In 2021 the arthritis was really bad and I went to my GP about my shoulders and she put in motion getting me onto a surgical solution. A week later Dr Little's assistant phoned to say I was on the list and that they had my Xrays and files but I needed to go for update Xrays and an appointment had been made for a week later . A few days after the Xrays I had another call to say that I was on the operation list and this was about July a month or two later I received a date of December for the operation . The day of the operation I saw the surgical team and Mr Little who ran me through what was going to happen , everything went very well and I was in hospital overnight and the next day the physio team took me through my exercise list and what I should and should not do in the rehabilitation of my shoulder. Appointments were made with physio clinic which I went to regularly . Following all the instructions and exercises was very important as it aided the rehabilitation , full recovery and full movement of my shoulder . I saw Mr Little and his assistant six weeks later who were very pleased with the progress and put me onto the surgical list to operate on my left shoulder . Mr Little and his team were very clear on what was going to happen all through the process and following the physio exercises is so important for full recovery . I am extremely happy with the outcome. I now have full movement of both my shoulders and am totally pain free for the first time in many years. I am so grateful for the skill and expertise of Mr Little and his team.

Mr Nick Little was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Short link to review Mr Nick Little: http://iwgc.net/efokw