Mr Vipul Patel

I am a Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon with a special interest in the Shoulder, Elbow and Knee. I have over 15 years experience in Arthroscopic, Reconstructive and Replacement surgery. I offer treatment for trauma and sports injuries in my areas of interest. I endeavour to provide patient-centred care and strive for continuous improvement in my knowledge and skills.

19th October 2017
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

Very personable and professional. A great consultant and evidently a skilled surgeon.

22nd September 2017
Written by a patient at St Helier Hospital

Was very clear on the operation,explained the pro,s and cons and made me feel confident that the surgery would be carried out in a professional way,I had my shoulder replaced with a reverse cuff shoulder.before the surgery which was done in April 2017 I could notify my arm very well,now September 2017 I have most of my movement before my fall back and played my first game of golf without ant pain or soreness

15th September 2017
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

I have had tennis elbow for the last 2 and a half years. Having seen Mr Patel it was decided my best option was to have key hole surgery. Mr Patel was very informative regarding what would be done and how my recovery would progress. It has been 10 weeks since my surgery and I no longer have tennis elbow pain and can do daily activities with no problems or pain. I am very happy with the service and care that I have received from Mr Patel and would highly recommend him as a consultant and surgeon, especially for tennis elbow.

14th September 2017
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

I've had type 1 diabetes since childhood and have been well controlled. 2 years ago I started having problems with my right shoulder. I eventually saw Mr Patel who assessed and diagnosed frozen shoulder. Over the past 2 years I've had arthroscopic capsular release performed first on my right shoulder, then my left. Throughout Mr Patel has listened, diagnosed and explained options, treatment and progress very clearly. He made sure that I understood everyone is different and primary frozen shoulder behaves differently in terms of progress/recovery etc. As someone with pre-existing autoimmune conditions (T1D and rheumatoid arthritis) this clarity and care was vital as I heal/respond differently to others without these conditions. His expertise was clear and it was also clear that he treats each patient as their condition requires. Throughout the operations and numerous injections every care was taken. I have no hesitation in recommending him. I would also say, if you have this procedure you MUST do all the physio and exercises prescribed. I cannot overstate how important this is, even on the days when you feel there is no progress or change - keep persevering. The pain and restriction of a frozen shoulder is debilitating and even with RA I had not experienced this kind of sustained pain. I'm so grateful for this procedure and care and even though it's been a long recovery and hard work, the alternative of having the condition continue as is was not an option.

4th September 2017
Written by a patient at St Helier Hospital

I had a shoulder injury as a result of skiing and Mr Patel saw me promptly. He did a thourough clinical assessment and reviewed my MRIs and reassured me that the injury would heal without surgery. I'm now fully recovered and back to normal life. Thank you for your professionalism.

Short link to review Mr Vipul Patel: http://iwgc.net/eetu3