Mr Vipul Patel

I am a Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon with a special interest in the Shoulder, Elbow and Knee. I have over 15 years experience in Arthroscopic, Reconstructive and Replacement surgery. I offer treatment for trauma and sports injuries in my areas of interest. I endeavour to provide patient-centred care and strive for continuous improvement in my knowledge and skills.

5th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

Mr Patel undertook the shoulder surgery necessary as part of a planned series of operations correcting serious infections to both shoulder and hip joints. The shoulder surgery involved removing infected bone, insertion of a temporary joint and later inserting a metal replacement. I am very pleased to report the success of the treatment given by.Mr Patel and his calm manner has been reassuring throughout. He has taken care to explain what he is planning to do and, when necessary, repeat his briefing to me so that I might understand to my satisfaction. This excellent in-patient experience has continued post surgery with ongoing care via out-patient reviews of progress. Throughout what has been extended medical/surgical treatment, I have been aware of the close liaison between Mr Patel and his colleagues. He is clearly as well regarded by them as he is by me.

6th April 2018
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

I went to see Mr Patel as I had little movement in my left arm and was diagnosed with a frozen shoulder. Mr Patel recommend an injection followed by physiotherapy. Unfortunately the injection did not work but Mr Patel recommended surgery with a full explanation of what to expect. I have to say at first I was unsure whether to go ahead with the surgery but it was the best decision I made. I suffered little pain after the surgery and along with physio had pretty much full movement back within 3 weeks. I would definitely recommend Mr Patel he is very professional and puts his patients care at his highest priority. The physio team were great and I would recommend St Anthony's. Thank you for the care.

21st March 2018
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

Over the last few years I had calcific tendinitis in both my shoulders and was treated by Dr Vipul Patel. I was in acute pain when I first saw Dr Patel and he was able to significantly reduce the pain I was in by giving me a cortisone injection. The first shoulder cleared itself after several months. The second shoulder needed surgery that was successfully performed by Dr Patel. I am now pain free and would not hesitate to recommend him.

7th March 2018
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

Mr Patel was very professional and understanding, l would recommend him to anyone that has an orthopaedic issue,

2nd March 2018
Written by a patient at St Helier Hospital

I was referred to the Orthopaedic and Trauma team by my GP. My right shoulder was giving me a lot of pain and I could hardly move my left arm. My xray established that I had osteoarthritis to my shoulder joint. I had been retired for a few years, very active and this was debilitating for me . I was quickly referred to Mr Patel. I was informed in detail what my options could be. I opted for the surgery which was based on the information given. Mr Patel explained the surgery, the benefits and risks. My questions were listened to patiently and answered clearly. The decision I took was the best. Mr Patel performed the surgery. My arm now has almost normal movement. How can I recommend this Consultant enough. My left arm was in 2016 I now have the same problem with my right arm and did not hesitate when I saw Mr Patel recently to opt for more surgery having total confidence in Mr Patel. Thank you Mr Patel.

Short link to review Mr Vipul Patel: http://iwgc.net/eetu3