Mr Vipul Patel

I am a Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon with a special interest in the Shoulder, Elbow and Knee. I have over 15 years experience in Arthroscopic, Reconstructive and Replacement surgery. I offer treatment for trauma and sports injuries in my areas of interest. I endeavour to provide patient-centred care and strive for continuous improvement in my knowledge and skills.

Written by a patient at St Helier Hospital
23rd November 2019

Mr. Patel was the second consultant that I have seen about my extreme case of frozen shoulder and I'm so pleased I was referred to him. Mr. Patel was very friendly and professional and certainly knows what he talking about. I travelled 3 hrs and it was worth it because my shoulder is back to normal after he operated on it. I would have no hesitation to recommend Mr. Patel as its thanks to him I can now move my shoulder to full range.

Written by a patient at St Helier Hospital
12th November 2019

In 2012 my right shoulder had a full thickness tear of the Supraspinatus that had retracted and a Grade 2 tear of the Subscapularis and the LHB was absent. The subacromial space was narrow, there was a spur underneath the acromion and the Coraco-acromial ligament was thickened and scuffed. In 2012 Mr Patel performed an arthroscopic rotator cuff repair. During the consultancy phase I had many questions regarding the proposed surgery including such things as which technique he preferred in securing the cuff and whether he recommended the use of a post operative abduction sling. Mr Patel patiently answered all my questions in a way that I could understand. The operation was very successful and I even have the photographs and video that showed what was done. As he had done such great work I needed to respond by doing my part regarding physiotherapy. After a few months I was pain free and had regained full movement and strength. It is now 7 years after the operation and the right shoulder is still going strong. Thank you Mr Patel.

Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital
8th September 2019

During a very stressful period of extreme discomfort Mr Patel offered re-assurance, expertise and immediate diagnosis. Since receiving treatment, the issue has subsided and virtually disappeared altogether.

Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital
18th June 2019

I saw Mr Patel about a pain in my shoulder. He listened carefully as I explained the symptoms. He then examined the shoulder and followed this up with an ultra-sound. He then explained what the problems was and his recommended treatment. His explanation was very clear and expressed in language that was easy to understand. Thanks to his treatment my shoulder is now pain free.

Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital
9th June 2019

Mr Patel is a magician and has changed my life

Short link to review Mr Vipul Patel: http://iwgc.net/eetu3