Mr Vipul Patel

I am a Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon with a special interest in the Shoulder, Elbow and Knee. I have over 15 years experience in Arthroscopic, Reconstructive and Replacement surgery. I offer treatment for trauma and sports injuries in my areas of interest. I endeavour to provide patient-centred care and strive for continuous improvement in my knowledge and skills.

7th September 2018
Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital

I required shoulder surgery in Dec ’18 and Mr Patel was an excellent clinician throughout the whole process. He is highly professional and took pains to explain all the options open to me before surgery, carefully explaining any risks and what the expected outcomes may be. His knowledge in the field was very re-assuring. His explanation that my surgery would be just the start of the recovery process was crucial, and that the months of rehabilitation activities that came after would be the key to any success. My aim was to get back to competitive sport as soon as possible, which I am pleased to say was attained. His post-operative care was crucial to this, as he proscribed adjustments in the rehab and recommended a further intervention. This last advice was the key to my recovery. I would have no issues about recommending Mr. Patel should you require his services.

6th September 2018
Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital

I needed surgery to repair a badly fractured wrist and I managed to get an appointment with Mr Patel at very short notice when the NHS were unable to help. I found him very approachable, respectful and polite and immediately felt confident in his care. The wrist is now 6 months into recovery and I would recommend Mr Patel to anyone, he is one of the best medical professionals I have met.

16th July 2018
Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital

I attended a consultation with Mr Patel who very quickly diagnosed a problem with calcific tendonitis in my left shoulder following an initial discussion, and an X-ray which was performed during the visit. He administered a steroid injection using an ultrasound unit for guidance. My symptoms improved overnight, and my range of movements improved considerably during the next few days. Throughout the initial consultation and subsequent visits he was professional, friendly and supportive, I felt that I could trust his judgement and advice.

26th June 2018
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

Mr Patel is an excellent clinician.He operated on my right shoulder 4 years ago to repair a large tear in the rotator cuff.He has just operated on my left shoulder 8 weeks ago to resolve a problem with it. On both occasions I found Mr Patel to be a highly professional yet friendly person. He explained both precedures in great detail so I knew exactly what my operation entailed. MrPatel's pre and post operative care was exceptional. He came to see me before I went to theatre and again shortly after I had been brought back to my room. I had several follow up appointments with him in outpatients . I would thoroughly recommend him as a really great surgeon .

5th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

Mr Patel undertook the shoulder surgery necessary as part of a planned series of operations correcting serious infections to both shoulder and hip joints. The shoulder surgery involved removing infected bone, insertion of a temporary joint and later inserting a metal replacement. I am very pleased to report the success of the treatment given by.Mr Patel and his calm manner has been reassuring throughout. He has taken care to explain what he is planning to do and, when necessary, repeat his briefing to me so that I might understand to my satisfaction. This excellent in-patient experience has continued post surgery with ongoing care via out-patient reviews of progress. Throughout what has been extended medical/surgical treatment, I have been aware of the close liaison between Mr Patel and his colleagues. He is clearly as well regarded by them as he is by me.

Short link to review Mr Vipul Patel: http://iwgc.net/eetu3