Mr Vipul Patel

I am a Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon with a special interest in the Shoulder, Elbow and Knee. I have over 15 years experience in Arthroscopic, Reconstructive and Replacement surgery. I offer treatment for trauma and sports injuries in my areas of interest. I endeavour to provide patient-centred care and strive for continuous improvement in my knowledge and skills.

8th December 2018
Written by a patient at The Elective Orthopaedic Centre

Reconstructed my badly torn shoulder. He not only did a fantastic job from which I now have no pain but was friendly, polite, encouraging and supportive. I would unreservedly recommend him.

18th November 2018
Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital

I was extremely happy with Mr Patel's care.

8th November 2018
Written by a patient at St Helier Hospital

In November 2017 I came off my push bike, breaking my shoulder, requiring the surgeons to rebuilt it using plates and pins. I can not praise Mr Patel and his team highly enough, they were highly professional at all times, explaining the procedure, the risks and the likely outcome of the injury. I am delighted to say, a year later, I have been discharged having made a great recovery, I have regained nearly full movement and am back doing all my normal activities.

26th October 2018
Written by a patient at St Helier Hospital

I had a shoulder Injury which caused me a lot of pain and restricted the movement of my left arm terribly. I had spent a lot of time in physio which did very little to ease the pain. I eventually went for a consultation and consider myself lucky that I saw Mr Patel. He advised an MRI scan which showed damage to what I believe to be the rotocuff . He explained that it was unlikely to fix itself and suggested that the best option would be an operation by keyhole surgery. I was reluctant to do this at first as I wasn't keen to undergo any operation and thought that I could just manage the pain at first but it soon became evident that this was not going to be possible as every movement caused me a great deal of pain. I took Mr patels advice and went ahead with the surgery which was a great success. Mr Patel diagnosed my problem very quickly and was very thorough. He explained everything to me in a way that I could understand and the results have been far better than I could have imagined. He is a first class surgeon and I consider myself lucky to have found him. Even after the op he explained in great depth the importance of the physio. It took a couple of weeks for me to get the physio and Mr Patel took it upon himself to complain to the physio team about the delay and pointed out to them that this should have been arranged without delay. I was actually doing my own physio tho as suggested by Mr Patels team so this didn't hinder any progress for me really. Mr Patel cares for his patients and cares very much about what he does. He is polite and very approachable . I would not hesitate to recommend him.

7th September 2018
Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital

I required shoulder surgery in Dec ’18 and Mr Patel was an excellent clinician throughout the whole process. He is highly professional and took pains to explain all the options open to me before surgery, carefully explaining any risks and what the expected outcomes may be. His knowledge in the field was very re-assuring. His explanation that my surgery would be just the start of the recovery process was crucial, and that the months of rehabilitation activities that came after would be the key to any success. My aim was to get back to competitive sport as soon as possible, which I am pleased to say was attained. His post-operative care was crucial to this, as he proscribed adjustments in the rehab and recommended a further intervention. This last advice was the key to my recovery. I would have no issues about recommending Mr. Patel should you require his services.

Short link to review Mr Vipul Patel: http://iwgc.net/eetu3