Mr Vipul Patel

I am a Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon with a special interest in the Shoulder, Elbow and Knee. I have over 15 years experience in Arthroscopic, Reconstructive and Replacement surgery. I offer treatment for trauma and sports injuries in my areas of interest. I endeavour to provide patient-centred care and strive for continuous improvement in my knowledge and skills.

23rd January 2018
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

I have suffered with my shoulder dislocating since I was in my teens. Since coming off my horse a few years ago, it has been dislocating on a more regular basis and finally when it was pulled our forcibly in June 2017 it was dislocating at least 2-3 times per week. I saw Mr Patel at the beginning of July 2017, and luckily managed to get an appointment for my surgery only a couple of weeks later. I am needle phobic, and Mr Patel was very understanding and arranged for the anaesthetist to first put me under with gas, prior to giving me a general anaesthetic. I had my surgery in the morning, and was home that very night - the staff at St Anthonys were wonderful. My follow-up appointments were very easy to arrange, and after fantastic care from the Physio Department at St Anthonys (I only needed 7 visits!) I am now at my 6 month point, and have had my final meeting with Mr Patel. I have full range of movement in my shoulder, and where previously I would be anxious about putting my arm into certain positions, I now no longer even think about doing anything - something that hasn't happened for many many years. I would not hesitate in recommending Mr Patel for the surgery, and for St Anthony's Hospital for their wonderful care before, during and after my surgery. St Anthony's Physio Department is also second to none - the physiotherapists were fantastic, and their gym and equipment fantastic.

3rd January 2018
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

I fell off my cycle in July 2017 and broke my left clavicle in three places. One section was completely detached and having already had my right clavicle repaired by Mr Patel in 2015 (one of the risked of being a Triathlete), I had no hesitation in asking to be referred to him again. I have occupational private health insurance fortunately and rang his secretary at Spire St Anthony's Hospital. The secretary arranged for me to have my operation only two days after my accident at St Anthony's, in one of their 6 brand new operating theatres Spire had just opened. I was admitted at 8am to their dedicated orthopaedic ward and went to theatre around lunch time. All went well, and with a titanium plate pinned to hold the bones together, and a screw in the detached fragment, I was discharged at 17:30 hrs that day. I then had regular follow up appointments, five so far, with X-rays each time to assess the degree of healing. What was so brilliant is that at the first consulation a week after my operation, I had so much movement in my shoulder, and even though Mr Patel asked me not to raise my arm above 90 degrees from horozontal until he told me I could, I had the ability to do so. I could also manage things I could not do after my previous fracture, because of the extra strength of the plate. It's now 5 months post op and the latest X Ray showed the bone had reformed enough for me to resume cycling on my road bike again. I have had no issues with infection, and am able to use my arm normally without any impingement from the injury, which is the perfect outcome. I would like to to thank him for his excellent care, provided both by him and all the team involved in my care.

23rd December 2017
Written by a patient at St Helier Hospital

21st November 2017
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

Very supportive, listened to my concerns with excellent treatment. Easy to book follow up appointments at my convenience.

10th November 2017
Written by a patient at St Helier Hospital

Excellent personal skills. Very thorough and considerate in approach to diagnosis of problem. Provided a very clear explanation of the cause of the injury.

Short link to review Mr Vipul Patel: http://iwgc.net/eetu3