Mr Vipul Patel

I am a Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon with a special interest in the Shoulder, Elbow and Knee. I have over 15 years experience in Arthroscopic, Reconstructive and Replacement surgery. I offer treatment for trauma and sports injuries in my areas of interest. I endeavour to provide patient-centred care and strive for continuous improvement in my knowledge and skills.

16th July 2018
Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital

I attended a consultation with Mr Patel who very quickly diagnosed a problem with calcific tendonitis in my left shoulder following an initial discussion, and an X-ray which was performed during the visit. He administered a steroid injection using an ultrasound unit for guidance. My symptoms improved overnight, and my range of movements improved considerably during the next few days. Throughout the initial consultation and subsequent visits he was professional, friendly and supportive, I felt that I could trust his judgement and advice.

26th June 2018
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

Mr Patel is an excellent clinician.He operated on my right shoulder 4 years ago to repair a large tear in the rotator cuff.He has just operated on my left shoulder 8 weeks ago to resolve a problem with it. On both occasions I found Mr Patel to be a highly professional yet friendly person. He explained both precedures in great detail so I knew exactly what my operation entailed. MrPatel's pre and post operative care was exceptional. He came to see me before I went to theatre and again shortly after I had been brought back to my room. I had several follow up appointments with him in outpatients . I would thoroughly recommend him as a really great surgeon .

5th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

Mr Patel undertook the shoulder surgery necessary as part of a planned series of operations correcting serious infections to both shoulder and hip joints. The shoulder surgery involved removing infected bone, insertion of a temporary joint and later inserting a metal replacement. I am very pleased to report the success of the treatment given by.Mr Patel and his calm manner has been reassuring throughout. He has taken care to explain what he is planning to do and, when necessary, repeat his briefing to me so that I might understand to my satisfaction. This excellent in-patient experience has continued post surgery with ongoing care via out-patient reviews of progress. Throughout what has been extended medical/surgical treatment, I have been aware of the close liaison between Mr Patel and his colleagues. He is clearly as well regarded by them as he is by me.

6th April 2018
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

I went to see Mr Patel as I had little movement in my left arm and was diagnosed with a frozen shoulder. Mr Patel recommend an injection followed by physiotherapy. Unfortunately the injection did not work but Mr Patel recommended surgery with a full explanation of what to expect. I have to say at first I was unsure whether to go ahead with the surgery but it was the best decision I made. I suffered little pain after the surgery and along with physio had pretty much full movement back within 3 weeks. I would definitely recommend Mr Patel he is very professional and puts his patients care at his highest priority. The physio team were great and I would recommend St Anthony's. Thank you for the care.

21st March 2018
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

Over the last few years I had calcific tendinitis in both my shoulders and was treated by Dr Vipul Patel. I was in acute pain when I first saw Dr Patel and he was able to significantly reduce the pain I was in by giving me a cortisone injection. The first shoulder cleared itself after several months. The second shoulder needed surgery that was successfully performed by Dr Patel. I am now pain free and would not hesitate to recommend him.

Short link to review Mr Vipul Patel: http://iwgc.net/eetu3