Ashtead Hospital

The Warren, Ashtead, Surrey, England, KT21 2SB

25th September 2018

I had to go into Ashtead hospital for a knee replacement on the NHS as my local hospital had problems with their theatres, on arrival I was treated very well and in surgery and the initial recovery I have no complaints, the following day I asked the staff nurse if I could get washed and dressed and was told he would see to it, I never got washed or dressed all the day and stayed in the same gown I was put in for the operation, also the sheets where blood stained where my knee had bled and where not changed that day. I was taken for an X-ray that same day and there where no porters to take me down so the young lady who was doing the X-ray had to take me in a wheelchair that had no proper support for my leg, both her and the staff nurse seem to have no idea about how to treat me and where trying to bend my leg on the foot support but I had a very thick bandage on my leg and a drain in, I eventually had to go to X-ray hold my operated leg up with my good one. The following day was better because there was a different staff nurse on who made sure I got washed and dressed and changed my bedding. The following day I was discharged but it was the staff nurse on from the first day and when he discharged me he just told me I could go and left my wife and I to get down to our car, my wife had a knee replacement at Gatwick Park hospital and they insisted on taking her to the car and making sure she was safely in as they said it was their responsibility unto that point. I’m still waiting for physio as it seems Ashtead have not informed the ESH of my discharge and my own doctor surgery has had to phone Ashtead to sort it out only to be told that the surgeon who did the operation there couldn’t have.

7th September 2018

Ashtead Hospital were always friendly and the facilities were first rate.

3rd September 2018

I went to Ashtead Hospital to have a knee procedure and I should have had a physio check my walking before leaving the hospital but she went home before I had the operation. No one checked my walking and no one told me that I should have physio following the operation. My walking worryingly went from bad to worse and I can only put it down to the fact that this physio link was missing on discharge and follow up. I eventually went privately to see a physio and found out later that I should have been given physio as routine. Ashtead hospital treated me as if I was from 'outside' as I was NHS - totally unlike Gatwick who treated me like a private patient. My walking is now fine but this was due to an empathetic physio who got me back on track.

27th March 2018

Both receptionists and nurses at Ashtead Hospital were very kind and attentive to my needs. I highly recommend it.

10th January 2018

Some of the staff were good, but the MRI department and some of the ward staff were appalling. I will never recommend none of my friends or colleagues go to this hospital. Even when you do bring it to their attention nothing gets done about it.

{{category}} working at Ashtead Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Ashtead Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3m8