mr-nick-koutroumanos

Mr Nick Koutroumanos

9th July 2020

I was seen by Dr Koutroumanos regarding a suspected basal cell carcinoma just below my right eyelid. Under local anaesthetic an excisional biopsy was carried out when it was completely removed. His surgical skill was exceptional regarding the removal of the lesion. The procedure was uneventful and I did not have to take even one painkiller. What is even more incredible is the healing of the site has been fantastic the site of the scar is minimal and it blends with my skin giving a superb cosmetic result. His professional care and knowledge I am extremely grateful for, Whoever gets treated by him is very fortunate,

Written by a carer at The Royal Free Hospital
18th May 2020

The care that our daughter (now aged four) has received from Nick over the past 18 months has been superb. She first saw him with a blocked tear duct problem and watery/gunky eye causing irritation and impaired vision. She had been passed around departments without treatment and been lost in the system a bit. Nick intervened to make sure she received the consultations and treatment she needed, carefully following up at each stage. He helped us to consider the options, including her twice having procedures under general anesthetic, with a successful outcome after six months with a Nunchaku tube inserted by her right eye. He quickly won over our daughter who was so relaxed she allowed him to remove the tube without any concern! He has been kind, patient, reassuring, and obviously his talent as a surgeon has been key to the outcome. We feel really lucky to have benefited from Nick's care and kindness - and our daughter's tribute is that "Dr Nick" is now a character in her playmobil games.

Written by a carer at The Royal Free Hospital
20th February 2020

Our 3-year-old son, Alex, was referred to Mr. Nick Koutroumanos for congenital upper eyelid ptosis (i.e., droopy eyelids). His eyelids were drooping lower and Alex compensated by developing an abnormal head tilt to see better. Since our first appointment, Nick has always taken the time to answer our questions (we ask MANY questions) and he carefully weighed the best treatment options for Alex. Alex needed surgery on both of his eyelids and the decisions made at every step of the process felt like a partnership with Nick. We are very happy with the results of the surgeries. Especially post-op, we very much appreciate his vigilance to ensure Alex’s eyelids are healing properly. Alex’s field of vision has improved dramatically and he no longer has an abnormal head tilt. He’s more confident and adventurous, as well. Nick has a wonderful way with Alex. He’s incredibly warm, patient and understanding given Alex’s limited attention span. My son looks forward to his follow up appointments – he loves going to see Nick. Physician referrals can feel like the luck of the draw, but we feel incredibly lucky and grateful to have Alex under Nick’s expert and compassionate care.

16th January 2020

Dr Koutroumanos is an amazing Doctor,he explained everything fully and made me feel totally relaxed and at ease regarding my cataract surgery. He emphasized the beneficial outcome and outlined the risks involved.My vision has no improved significantly it's as if I've been reborn in terms of my eyesight. Thanks so much for being so cool,calm collected and professional it's amazing considering the volume of patients at the Barnet eye clinic.

10th December 2019

He understood my problem at the first meeting and informed me in exact details of what would be the procedure. The result is fantastic, I can now see clearly for the first time in a good few years. Thank you again

Nick is a subspecialty certified Consultant Ophthalmic and Oculoplastic Surgeon. He graduated from Newcastle Medical School and undertook his Ophthalmic Residency at Moorfields Eye Hospital. Following extensive general Ophthalmology practice there with a focus in Ophthalmic Plastic and Cataract Surgery, he was appointed as an Oculoplastics Fellow at Moorfields. He subsequently completed a Senior Clinical Fellowship in Oculoplastics at the Royal Free Hospital before moving to Canada to undertake the world-renowned Oculoplastics Fellowship at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver. For this, he was awarded both the prestigious Keeler Scholarship and the HCA International Scholarship. Nick has developed special expertise in adult and paediatric Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive, Lacrimal and Orbital Surgery and runs a large NHS practice at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead. He also leads the NHS Oculoplastic Service in Barnet, Enfield and Edgware and is a qualified senior trainer in eyelid and cataract surgery and general ophthalmology. He receives tertiary referrals and consults patients of all ages with eyelid, tear-duct, eye socket conditions and dry and watery eye concerns. In his private practice, Nick also offers personalised eyelid and periocular surgical and non-surgical aesthetic treatment.

Nearest Ophthalmologists