Mr Luke Cascarini

I am a Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Head and Neck Consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital. Head and neck cancer resection and reconstructive surgeon with a special interest in micro surgical reconstruction and custom temporomandibular joint and jaw reconstruction. My Higher surgical training was in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in the South Thames Region including Guys Hospital, Kings Hospital, Queen Victoria’s Hospital East Grinstead, Canterbury Hospital Kent and St Georges Hospital London - Lead Author of 'Oxford Handbook of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery' 2nd Edition. - Co-Author of 'Principles of Surgery' 'Everything you need to know but were frightened to ask!' - Oxford Journals TFM Publishing - Co-Author of 'Postgraduate Facial Surgery' Higher Oxford Speciality Training. - Co -Editor of 'Maxillofacial Surgery' Elsevier 3rd Edition. I have National and International Presentations, over 50 Publications and various other chapters in textbooks. I am Trustee of the Head and Neck Cancer Foundation. I am married to a General Practitioner and we have three young children.

« 1 2 3 4 »

27th August 2017
Written by a carer at The Wellington Hospital

As a US expat living in London, I was unsure where to turn when one of my twin teenagers needed her wisdom teeth removed. Luke Cascarini came highly recommended by an expat friend and our London dentist. We felt at ease from the first consultation and that continued through surgery and aftercare. Mr. Cascarini explained the surgical process clearly and we appreciated his friendly bedside manner. Six months later, we returned with our son for the same procedure and all went great again. In addition, Mr. Cascarini's personal secretary, Carla Woodcock is a pleasure to work with. She replies quickly and knows everything. We are hoping not to need Mr. Cascarini in the future, but wouldn't hesitate to go back to him and I highly recommend his services!

3rd January 2017
Written by a carer at The Wellington Hospital

In June 2013 Dr Luke Cascarini was called in by a fellow Surgeon as a specialist oral and maxillofacial head and neck consultant. This was to organize a biopsy and advise treatment for my wife who had been diagnosed with a large tumor under her tongue. From our initial meeting with him we were impressed by his reassuring manor and consideration for my wife’s severe pain and discomfort. Over the next few years Dr Cascarini attended on several occasions my wife during my wife’s treatments for her cancer and ill health. He was again called upon in April 2016 when sadly a new tumor was located under her chin. His considered advice in treating this recurrent condition was a relatively new concept called electrochemotherapy. This he explained to us from recent studies would give my wife positive palliative benefits. He satisfied all of our fears by tackling head on and explaining every aspect of the procedure. We are grateful to him and his hand picked team who assisted him in the theatre and aftercare. We trusted him absolutely and that trust was more than justified with a successful result for the first procedure. Then a second followed four months later to continue the process of shrinking the tumor. With a third procedure planned later this month. He sees my wife regularly to check that everything is going to plan and organized important appointments with fellow surgeons. Dr Luke Cascarini is a wonderful caring man who is absolutely committed in helping my wife to be as well as is possible, and free of anxiety. I would absolutely recommend him as both a dedicated exceptional surgeon and as a loyal and trusted friend. JW

2nd January 2017
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

I've had difficulty with my jaw for the past couple of years & have had surgery 3 times. I am only 32 and quite worried about my jaw, the symptoms & prognosis. However, Mr Cascarini is very sympathetic to this and is working hard to only carry out necessary surgery. All appointments have been timely, informative & he has discussed the best next steps while listening to my views. When he did carry out my surgery he was great & I feel reassured that he is aiming to get me the best outcome possible.

28th December 2016
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

I recently underwent arthroscopic surgery with Mr. Cascarini to repair a recurrent dislocation of my jaw. From the initial consultation, through to the surgery and then the follow up assessment, Mr. Cascarini and his wonderful team thoroughly looked after me from beginning to end. I am very pleased with the experience (which was quite enjoyable even though I was having surgery!). I have complete trust in his abilities as a surgeon and I highly recommend him as someone with whom you can rely on for exceptional care and perfection. Thank you.

22nd December 2016
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

Honest and very helpful. Felt comfortable and safe throughout consultations and procedures that have been done.

« 1 2 3 4 »