Mr Constantinos Simillis

I graduated with MBBS from Imperial College School of Medicine in 2005, where I also completed an intercalated BSc in Surgery and Anaesthesia with First Class Honours. I completed my specialty training in General Surgery and Colorectal Surgery in the London Deanery. I undertook subspecialty training in colorectal cancer at The Royal Marsden Hospital and St Mark’s Hospital. I was awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2016. I was appointed as a locum consultant in General, Colorectal, and Emergency Surgery, at the West Middlesex University Hospital in October 2017. I specialise in Minimally Invasive Surgery, Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery, Colorectal Cancer, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, and Proctology. I am JAG accredited in upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy. My aim is to provide high quality, up-to-date, holistic care in the safest manner possible with minimal perioperative complications, excellent oncological outcomes, and with respect, compassion and dedication towards every patient and their family, based on the patient’s individual needs, values, and circumstances. I completed a Master's Degree in Health Care Ethics and Law which gave me an in-depth analysis and extensive understanding of every day moral and legal issues faced by a surgeon. I have a strong academic record and have published extensively in the scientific literature with over 70 peer-reviewed publications and book chapters. I have given multiple national and international presentations, and I frequently act as a reviewer for surgical peer-reviewed journals. This is complemented by an interest and knowledge of evidence-based health care demonstrated by a Postgraduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Healthcare, followed by a Doctorate in this subject from University College London. I am committed to undergraduate and postgraduate surgical education and I regularly supervise the research projects of undergraduate and postgraduate students through my role as an Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at Imperial College London.

« 1 2 3 4 »

26th April 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

I saw Dr Simillis in December - I had an appointment to find out the results from my biopsy, not expecting the worst I was told that I had bowel cancer. I was absolutely devastated and scared but remained calm. Dr. Simillis showed empathy and compassion. Dr. Simillis explained very clearly where the cancer was positioned and then talked about next steps. He explained everything so well and so clearly. It was at that point I felt reassured that I was in good hands and trusted Dr. Simillis and his Team. I was given a date for my Surgery immediately. Dr. Simillis explained again to my family the procedure involved and what to expect post-surgery. Dr. Simillis was always thorough and provided detailed information. He was able to answer any questions/concerns my family had and reassured us all. The operation took over 9 hours and as promised Dr. Simillis called my son as soon as the Surgery was completed, and he updated with all the details. When my husband and son arrived at the hospital to see me Dr. Simillis was there again to brief them and kindly allowed them to see me whilst in recovery. I saw the smile on my sons face I knew I was alive, and all gone well. I was in the Hospital for 3 weeks post-surgery. During that time Dr. Simillis always came to see me with a smile, his bed side manner was always professional, he empathised with me and reassured me every time. His daily mentoring and encouragement went a long way to give the positive attitude for life. Dr. Simillis always showed humility! He has been humble and when they say ‘Doctors putting the need of others before themselves’ - he did just that! Dr. Simillis was leaving for Christmas and he came to see me, making sure I was ok and confirmed that he will next see me in January to reveal the results! After wishing a ‘Merry Christmas’ about 30 minutes later he came back with a smile and gave the best Christmas present one could expect. The results had come in and the Surgery was a success and he did not wait till January to tell us. This is the best Christmas gift I received from an Angle. While the world enjoyed the festive season, Dr Simillis was on duty looking after all the patients. God Bless him. Dr. Simillis was always there when wanted- he made time for me and any concerns they were addressed immediately! He has been so supportive of my rehabilitation following my operation. Dr. Simillis is exceptionally talented surgeon! I always felt I was in safe hands. I truly believe he was God sent and my faith in him and his ability saved my life. NHS are privileged to have the services of such a down to earth human being and a superb Surgeon. Lastly, I would like to thank all at the Oncology Team working with Dr. Simillis. They were brilliant! A special thanks to Sarah Bryan who made it all so simple for me and made sure all went to plan. Genius’s and I credit all the Medics involved and would like to praise them. Well done NHS. Thank You .It is because of you I am here today.

28th March 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

When I come for the second time within a week to West Middlesex Hospital due to rectal haemorrage[after two years of treatment for hemorroids in Maswell Park Health Centre]I meet Doctor Constantinos Simillis who saved my life.That is why I call him Angel.When he was carring out my first colonoscopy he correctly diagnosed malignat cancer of the large intestine.Despite the dramatic diagnosis I was not afraid as I knew I was in safe hands of doctor Simillis.I was rigt.Within three weeks Doctor Simillis arranged for me lots of examinations but luckily they didnt find any metastasis.On 22nd February Doctor Simillis succesfully carried out my surgery.After surgery I was still under the care od Dr Simillis who came to me every day to check if Im all right.Now recuperation at home,then chemotherapy and return to Dr Simillis for closing the stoma. I would like to stress how great and gentle man Dr Constantinos Simillis is.He cares for his patients with massive dedication .As a medical he is very competent,wise and kind-hearted.He should be an example to follow for all doctors.THANK YOU Dr simillis-your patient Monika.

27th March 2019
Written by a carer at West Middlesex University Hospital

Dr Simillis is an excellent Doctor and communicator and he took time to explain everything to my husband and myself about his bowel cancer from the first meeting. After many follow up scans etc he then went through the procedure and gave us all the good and bad points so we could really understand our choices and what would happen in surgery. He ensured that we received the best of care and that everything was done in a speedy time. His surgical team were excellent too and the team nurse gave us wonderful support as did the Stoma nurses. It all added up to a great package of a team of people totally dedicated to see you through one of the worst things that can happen getting a cancer diagnosis. There was never a time we did not feel we had someone who could help with a query. The day of the surgery Dr Simillis was there again to go through everything with us and as promised he phoned me in the evening to tell me about the surgery and how successful it had been which was a huge relief as it was major and complicated surgery. After he got good care and the follow up meetings with Dr Simillis and the team nurse have all been so positive and supportive. It has been a pleasure to work with such dedicated and caring professionals and we have valued his advice, his recommendations and the way he has communicated in such an effective but also compassionate fashion. Many thanks for his expertise and his wonderful team to give us the care to get my husband and indeed myself through such a difficult time and with such speed."

20th February 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

From the moment he greeted me at the door he put me at ease. It was no trouble for him to talk me through my condition in layman's terms, so I could understand. He clearly articulated everything, understanding all my concerns and was very understanding and sympathetic. Anything I was unsure of, he helped me to grasp before moving on to the next part. There was no time constraint, I was his patient, the only one that mattered from when I walked into his consultation room until I was satisfied, and left knowing exactly what the issues were and what the next steps would be. It was a decision that we had formulated together through discussion and what was best for me, my condition and what I felt comfortable doing. I cannot thank him enough for looking after me, taking onboard my concerns and feelings, making my thoughts part of the solution, not as normally happens, you just get told this is what you are going to do next. Old fashioned patient care at its best.

22nd January 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

I saw the doctor Simills today and he and his team really put me at ease whilst going through my procedure. Thank you so much. Love the Jazz music, Nurse Olive and Chris again thank you. Brilliant doctor !!

« 1 2 3 4 »