Mr Constantinos Simillis

31st October 2018
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

Mr.Simillis is a fantastic surgeon who performed a sigmoid colectomy on my bowel following discovery of a Stage 3 cancer. At every step of the journey to surgery he was able to answer all my questions and reassure me at what was a very stressful and frightening time. As my procedure was elective, presurgery he listened to my concerns with understanding, always reassuring me but at the same time always honest as to what the procedure entailed and any possible consequences. I was fully aware of all the risks entailed by this operation. He gave me his e-mail address and advised me to contact him at any time regarding any questions I may have had. His demeanour and attitude was very reassuring. I had the operation on a Friday, 6 hours in the operating theatre and he came to see me after the operation to explain that all had gone well. However he could see that I was still heavily sedated so he came back to see me on the Saturday evening, giving up his free time to come and speak to me as he said at the time, his patients are always his #1 priority. He came to see me every day I was in hospital and was very supportive in my rehabilitation following the operation. Yesterday I had a post surgery meeting with him and he advised me that the histology showed that the bowel cancer had been fully excised and no residual cancer remained. I need annual colonoscopy and CT scans for the next 5 years to achieve an all clear diagnosis but apart from that, no further treatment for the bowel cancer. I cannot speak highly enough of Mr.Simillis. He is highly skilled and always makes himself available to his patients. I am very fortunate to have had him as my surgeon.

13th October 2018
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

When I met Mr. Simillis, it was immediately obvious that he is an experienced and talented surgeon. He was very direct in explaining what was going to happen to me and incredibly confident. My case was unusual with very few examples in the literature to draw from. I had a dermoid cyst on my right ovary that had ruptured, spilling pus into my abdomen and causing my small intestine to kink and block my bowels. He performed a tricky operation to remove said tumour and check my entire bowel for perforations. This surgery undoubtedly saved my life. I always felt safe and cared for with Mr. Simillis. I appreciated his direct and forthright approach, but most important was his kindness to me and my family. He always took the time to explain clearly what was happening to me and what my care plan was. He listened to mine and my parents’ concerns and even have me his contact details in case I had any questions. I felt respected and was treated with dignity, despite my vulnerable and often undignified position and I am certain that this has helped me in my recovery. Mr. Simillis is a fantastic surgeon and a credit to medics everywhere. I will never forget him.

8th October 2018
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

Dr Constantinos Simippis, performed a critical major laparotomy operation on myself which involved 4 medical terminologies, high anterior resection, end colostomy, right hemicolectomy and ileo-ascending anastomosis. This operation lasted 6 hours & effectively saved my life. He & his team are brilliant, exceptionally talented and he himself has a very positive aura. He takes time to explain both to his patient & their family a comprehensive answer to any & all questions they may have. Fantastic !!!!

4th October 2018
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

Very caring doctor who took the time to explain everything to myself and my family as clearly as possible. He went the extra mile to ensure that I was well looked after and at ease with the treatment every step of the way. I could not have asked for a better surgeon to look after me especially under such a difficult emergency situation.

15th September 2018
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

Mr.Simillis performed successful surgery on my ultralow rectal cancer. This was not an easy task as the tumour was only 3 centimetres from the anal verge. I believe that there are many surgeons who wouldn’t even have attempted this as it was so low and had it not been for Mr.Simillis’ skill, I wouldn’t now be in a position to have my ileostomy reversed. Pre surgery he was succinct in all detail. He listened to my anxieties with great sympathy, always reassuring but at the same time always honest. He encouraged me to contact him at any time regarding any questions I may have had. Needless to say he gained my trust completely. Post surgery he has been equally fantastic. He has seen me regularly, checking on my progress both as a patient and an out patient. I cannot speak highly enough of Mr.Simillis. He is highly skilled, works incredibly hard and always makes himself available to his patients. The NHS is very fortunate to have him, I am very fortunate to have had him as my surgeon. From the bottom of my & my family’s heart THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Nearest Hospital Doctors