Mr Constantinos Simillis

I graduated with MBBS from Imperial College School of Medicine in 2005, where I also completed an intercalated BSc in Surgery and Anaesthesia with First Class Honours. I completed my specialty training in General Surgery and Colorectal Surgery in the London Deanery. I undertook subspecialty training in colorectal cancer at The Royal Marsden Hospital and St Mark’s Hospital. I was awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2016. I was appointed as a locum consultant in General, Colorectal, and Emergency Surgery, at the West Middlesex University Hospital in October 2017. I specialise in Minimally Invasive Surgery, Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery, Colorectal Cancer, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, and Proctology. I am JAG accredited in upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy. My aim is to provide high quality, up-to-date, holistic care in the safest manner possible with minimal perioperative complications, excellent oncological outcomes, and with respect, compassion and dedication towards every patient and their family, based on the patient’s individual needs, values, and circumstances. I completed a Master's Degree in Health Care Ethics and Law which gave me an in-depth analysis and extensive understanding of every day moral and legal issues faced by a surgeon. I have a strong academic record and have published extensively in the scientific literature with over 70 peer-reviewed publications and book chapters. I have given multiple national and international presentations, and I frequently act as a reviewer for surgical peer-reviewed journals. This is complemented by an interest and knowledge of evidence-based health care demonstrated by a Postgraduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Healthcare, followed by a Doctorate in this subject from University College London. I am committed to undergraduate and postgraduate surgical education and I regularly supervise the research projects of undergraduate and postgraduate students through my role as an Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at Imperial College London.

« 1 2 3 4 »

11th September 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

I have nothing negative to say at all about this highly professional doctor. He always made sure I understood things he explained to me and my wife. He made me instantly trust him.

9th September 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

I have had excellent treatment from Mr Simillis and his team when undergoing a major cancer operation. The operation for a patient of my age (91) was, I’m told, an unqualified success. I only spent 12 days in hospital following the operation, and now 5 weeks after the operation, I am enjoying a normal lifestyle, with no complications or restrictions. I am so very pleased with how everything has progressed and I am immensely grateful to Mr Simillis and his team, particularly Sarah Byrne, for their expertise, wonderful follow up care and constant kind attention.

20th August 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

To start I can’t thank Dr Simillis enough , I was diagnosed with advanced bowel cancer in July 2018 , straight from the first consultation with him he put me at ease, with his calm , reassuring, and friendly manner . He was also very straightforward with my options , I was in surgery within 2 weeks of my diagnosis. The team he has around him are second to none , especially Sarah Byrne the C.N.S , she explained the stages from surgery to after care very meticulously. Dr Simillis completed the surgery as he said he would with minimal invasion, , while on the ward he visited every day with out fail , with calm reassuring words of encouragement. I’ve just returned from getting my results , which I was overjoyed to hear him say that I don’t need anymore treatment, there are no words I can say that would thank him and his team for everything they’ve done for me and my family . If they were giving out oscars for surgeons this man would win one every time . Thank you again Dr Simillis, and team

7th August 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

I've been under the care of the Colorectal team at West Middlesex Hospital for the past 4 months since I was diagnosed with Colon Cancer at the end of April which resulted in major surgery at the end of May to remove my colon. I first met Mr Simillis at the end of April who gave me the news of my diagnosis and I can honestly say I knew from that moment onwards I was in good hands and I haven't been disappointed. Mr Simillis is surrounded by an impressive team, in particular Mr Jason Smith who performed my surgery and Sarah Byrne, one of the Colorectal Nurse Specialists who has always been there for me. 2 months on from my surgery and the prognosis has been so positive, with no need for chemotherapy.

23rd June 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

Mr. Simillis gave my wife and myself a very clear picture of the relative merits, likely outcomes and risks of surgery versus chemotherapy for cancer of the colon which had metastasized to the liver. He answered fully my many questions, and Sarah, the excellent team nurse, provided additional guidance. Once I had made the decision, Mr. Simillis provided complete and enthusiastic support all the way through the colon operation, which he performed without complications, to his frequent and very welcome visits during my pleasant stay at West Middlesex Hospital, and follow-up in clinic. Mr. Simillis, as a surgeon and an individual showed me the NHS at its very best.

« 1 2 3 4 »