mr-constantinos-simillis

Mr Constantinos Simillis

Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital
21st January 2021

Mr Simillis explained in detail my Cancer diagnosis, the surgery required including the dangers, but was very reassuring that these were very unlikely. After my surgery he contacted my wife to inform her of my progress, which was very comforting for her, and came to see me on the ward after recovery. He checked on me during my stay on the ward, and gave encouragement. In my last meeting with him, he explained the benefits of my next recommended course of treatment. I thank him and his team very much for their care and support.

Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital
1st December 2020

I was diagnosed with aggressive T4a bowel cancer at Addenbrookes in Sept 2020. After several rounds of chemotherapy and then a short hospital stay with acute cholecystitis, I presented with more abdominal pains - my tumour had blocked my bowel, causing it to become iscaemic. Mr Simillis was my surgeon in a 5-hour emergency operation to degas my bowel by removing my appendix, and to resection my bowel, removing the tumour and providing a stoma. Pre-op, he was very calm whilst stressing the urgency of the operation and explained matters as far as he was able before seeing inside me! On the ward, he and his time came to see me a number of times and he always took care to stress the positives and to ensure I had understood everything. It was a long and complicated operation and Mr Simillis clearly saved my life. Recently, he saw me and my husband to explain the positive outcomes of my histology and other matters. I hope to have a stoma reversal next year and am delighted to continue to be under Mr Simillis's care for this. I would not hesitate to recommend him to any patient.

Written by a carer at Addenbrooke's Hospital
1st October 2020

I can only praise the extreme care and attention given to my husband recently by Dr Simillis at Addenbrooke's. He kept me and my husband totally informed of the surgery performed regarding his operation and the follow up at his Clinic was also extremely helpful and reassuring. I would thoroughly recommend and trust this doctor should a similar situation occur in the future. He was also very charming!

#sayThankYou

A brilliant surgeon who fully explains investigation results with diagrams and written record which you are able to take with you and go through. Superb surgeon - felt absolutely confident about the operation and knew what was to be done. Thanks you so much. Improving well - just a shame corona virus has prevented me starting next stage of treatment - possibly chemotherapy.

19th April 2020
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital
6th April 2020

After being suspected, by my GP, of having a colon tumour I was rapidly diagnosed at the West Middlesex Hospital and referred to Mr Simillis. From our initial meeting in early january 2020 to the operation on the 29th january, Mr Simillis spent time clearly explaining the procedures and possible outcomes to my self and my wife. His calm and clear manner put us both at ease. The operation and his follow visits on the recovery ward was first rate.I dont think I could have received better treatment anywhere thanks to his profesionalism and sense of humour. I am now looking forward to the stoma reversal procedure and returning to a fully active life thanks to Mr. Simillis. I would also like to thank Mr Simillis and team and in particular Sarah Byrne for her comforting and reassuring manner and stoma care nurses, Tracey and Rose who helped me to understand and cope with the procedure. My thanks also go to the whole team on Richmond Ward who looked after me tirelessly. Thank you Mr Simillis and team.

Mr Simillis qualified in medicine with MBBS from Imperial College London in 2005, where he also achieved a BSc in Surgery and Anaesthesia with First Class Honours. He completed his speciality training in Colorectal Surgery and General Surgery in the prestigious North West London surgical rotation. He was awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2016. He undertook subspecialty training in advanced colorectal cancer in the world-renowned St Mark’s Hospital and Royal Marsden Hospital. In 2020, he was appointed as a Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon at the Cambridge Colorectal Unit at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. He had previously worked as a Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon at West Middlesex University Hospital. He specialises in advanced colorectal cancer, minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery, inflammatory bowel disease, diverticular disease, and proctology. He is JAG accredited in upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy. He has completed a Master's Degree in Healthcare Ethics and Law, at Manchester University, School of Law, which provided him with in-depth analysis and extensive understanding of every day moral and legal issues faced by a surgeon, and he is a member of the Clinical Ethics Advisory Group at his Trust. He has a strong interest and knowledge of evidence-based medical practice demonstrated by a Postgraduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Healthcare from University College London. He has been awarded a Doctorate in Medicine from University College London for his research into the optimal surgical management of colorectal cancer liver metastases. He has an impressive academic record and has published extensively in the scientific literature with over 100 peer-reviewed journal publications and book chapters. He has given numerous national and international presentations at scientific conferences, and he frequently acts as a reviewer for several high-impact peer-reviewed journals.

Short link to review Mr Constantinos Simillis: http://iwgc.net/ehjuy