mr-constantinos-simillis

Mr Constantinos Simillis

6th April 2020

After being suspected, by my GP, of having a colon tumour I was rapidly diagnosed at the West Middlesex Hospital and referred to Mr Simillis. From our initial meeting in early january 2020 to the operation on the 29th january, Mr Simillis spent time clearly explaining the procedures and possible outcomes to my self and my wife. His calm and clear manner put us both at ease. The operation and his follow visits on the recovery ward was first rate.I dont think I could have received better treatment anywhere thanks to his profesionalism and sense of humour. I am now looking forward to the stoma reversal procedure and returning to a fully active life thanks to Mr. Simillis. I would also like to thank Mr Simillis and team and in particular Sarah Byrne for her comforting and reassuring manner and stoma care nurses, Tracey and Rose who helped me to understand and cope with the procedure. My thanks also go to the whole team on Richmond Ward who looked after me tirelessly. Thank you Mr Simillis and team.

4th March 2020

I want to share my great experience with Dr Simillis. I was diagnosed with a lump and inflammation near my appendix. I was sent to Dr Simillis. On my first meeting he explained with diagrams about surgery of ny lump. I honestly believe he is very competent, intelligent kind, dedicated, devoted, gifted and skilled Doctor in his field. In short I had great experience being his patient. Surgery went very well, he personally visited and gave satisfactory answers to all my questions after surgery. I am honestly obliged from bottom of my heart for all his and his and his co Staff specially Sarah Byrne efforts. I am now back home and recovering fast. Highly recommend him to all.

3rd March 2020

I was diagnosed with a tumour of the colon in December 2019. The news came very suddenly and was a shock to myself and my family. My wife and I met with Mr Simillis who was very clear and concise with what was going to happen; he spoke with the greatest professionalism and empathy which made us both feel that I was in great hands. After many appointments in a few short weeks major surgery was confirmed. I also must mention Sarah Byrne who is part of Mr Simillis’ amazing team; she reassured and supported me throughout all of my treatment. I also feel that Dr Simillis positively impacted and prioritised the quick turnaround of appointments to surgery. At the beginning of Feb 2020 the major surgery was performed by Mr Simillis and his team. It was a very long operation; afterwards Mr Simillis informed that the operation was successful and what the next steps would be. Whilst I was recovering on the ward himself and Sarah would check how my recovery was going with me personally. At the very beginning of March I was given results to find out whether any further action would be needed. I was given the best news ever! All the cancer had been removed and there was no need for chemotherapy. Mr Simillis, Sarah and the rest of the team were outstanding throughout. I always understood what was going to happen and had the greatest confidence in Mr Simillis. I can not thank Mr Simillis and his amazing team enough, I also can not find the words to express how grateful I am. Mr Simillis is an outstanding surgeon who has given me my life back. “Top Marks” Also on behalf of the family we are beyond thankful for Mr Simillis and his incredible team for giving us back our husband, dad and grandad. Dave is a man with high expectations; Mr Simillis and his team surpassed any expectation with their talent, professionalism and kindness. Thank you so very much Mr Simillis. David McGregor

21st November 2019

I recently underwent a major surgery under Mr Simillis and I unreservedly recommend him to you. Mr Simillis is a very gifted and dedicated man who has devoted many years of study to perfect his skills in colorectal surgery. For a man of his achievements he is a very modest man of great charm. Mr Simillis spent a great deal of time explaining my operation and he accurately estimated recovery timings and so forth. It was clear to me at once that I had been fortunate to be allocated the care of this skilled surgeon. Hospital is a very challenging time and I soon found that Mr Simillis gave generously of his time to myself and to my dear wife who supported me patiently. Mr Simillis was a friendly, intelligent and highly skilled presence that helped me through a difficult time on the wards. I cannot adequately praise this kind and talented man enough - I only wish I could. I will just say what everyone else has said - you could not be in better hands or meet a surgeon with better judgement. I wish you the very best with your operation! Martin McHugh

11th September 2019

I have nothing negative to say at all about this highly professional doctor. He always made sure I understood things he explained to me and my wife. He made me instantly trust him.

I graduated with MBBS from Imperial College School of Medicine in 2005, where I also completed an intercalated BSc in Surgery and Anaesthesia with First Class Honours. I completed my specialty training in General Surgery and Colorectal Surgery in the London Deanery. I undertook subspecialty training in colorectal cancer at The Royal Marsden Hospital and St Mark’s Hospital. I was awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2016. I was appointed as a locum consultant in General, Colorectal, and Emergency Surgery, at the West Middlesex University Hospital in October 2017. I specialise in Minimally Invasive Surgery, Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery, Colorectal Cancer, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, and Proctology. I am JAG accredited in upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy. My aim is to provide high quality, up-to-date, holistic care in the safest manner possible with minimal perioperative complications, excellent oncological outcomes, and with respect, compassion and dedication towards every patient and their family, based on the patient’s individual needs, values, and circumstances. I completed a Master's Degree in Health Care Ethics and Law which gave me an in-depth analysis and extensive understanding of every day moral and legal issues faced by a surgeon. I have a strong academic record and have published extensively in the scientific literature with over 70 peer-reviewed publications and book chapters. I have given multiple national and international presentations, and I frequently act as a reviewer for surgical peer-reviewed journals. This is complemented by an interest and knowledge of evidence-based health care demonstrated by a Postgraduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Healthcare, followed by a Doctorate in this subject from University College London. I am committed to undergraduate and postgraduate surgical education and I regularly supervise the research projects of undergraduate and postgraduate students through my role as an Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at Imperial College London.

Short link to review Mr Constantinos Simillis: http://iwgc.net/ehjuy