Mr Constantinos Simillis

I graduated with MBBS from Imperial College School of Medicine in 2005, where I also completed an intercalated BSc in Surgery and Anaesthesia with First Class Honours. I completed my specialty training in General Surgery and Colorectal Surgery in the London Deanery. I undertook subspecialty training in colorectal cancer at The Royal Marsden Hospital and St Mark’s Hospital. I was awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2016. I was appointed as a locum consultant in General, Colorectal, and Emergency Surgery, at the West Middlesex University Hospital in October 2017. I specialise in Minimally Invasive Surgery, Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery, Colorectal Cancer, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, and Proctology. I am JAG accredited in upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy. My aim is to provide high quality, up-to-date, holistic care in the safest manner possible with minimal perioperative complications, excellent oncological outcomes, and with respect, compassion and dedication towards every patient and their family, based on the patient’s individual needs, values, and circumstances. I completed a Master's Degree in Health Care Ethics and Law which gave me an in-depth analysis and extensive understanding of every day moral and legal issues faced by a surgeon. I have a strong academic record and have published extensively in the scientific literature with over 70 peer-reviewed publications and book chapters. I have given multiple national and international presentations, and I frequently act as a reviewer for surgical peer-reviewed journals. This is complemented by an interest and knowledge of evidence-based health care demonstrated by a Postgraduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Healthcare, followed by a Doctorate in this subject from University College London. I am committed to undergraduate and postgraduate surgical education and I regularly supervise the research projects of undergraduate and postgraduate students through my role as an Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at Imperial College London.

20th February 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

From the moment he greeted me at the door he put me at ease. It was no trouble for him to talk me through my condition in layman's terms, so I could understand. He clearly articulated everything, understanding all my concerns and was very understanding and sympathetic. Anything I was unsure of, he helped me to grasp before moving on to the next part. There was no time constraint, I was his patient, the only one that mattered from when I walked into his consultation room until I was satisfied, and left knowing exactly what the issues were and what the next steps would be. It was a decision that we had formulated together through discussion and what was best for me, my condition and what I felt comfortable doing. I cannot thank him enough for looking after me, taking onboard my concerns and feelings, making my thoughts part of the solution, not as normally happens, you just get told this is what you are going to do next. Old fashioned patient care at its best.

22nd January 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

I saw the doctor Simills today and he and his team really put me at ease whilst going through my procedure. Thank you so much. Love the Jazz music, Nurse Olive and Chris again thank you. Brilliant doctor !!

3rd December 2018
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

I saw Mr Simillis with active Crohn’s disease inflammation with fistula and abcess formation. Mr Simillis saw me in clinic and examined me where he planned a surgical procedure to relieve my symptoms; bowel resection and resiting my ileostomy, he explained the best case and worse case scenario. He asked me how I felt, we discussed the procedure and he booked in for surgery in 5 weeks time as well as booking me into clinic for a review before the surgery. Mr Simillis operated and he/we had the best possible outcome, the surgery was minimally invasive, how he done the surgery is amazing and shows his fantastic skill and knowledge. Mr Simillis come to see me on the ward every day post surgery which is unheard of in my experience of Surgeons and Consultants. He made me feel that he genuinely cared about my recovery and allowed me to call the shots on my pain relief and discharge (baring in mind I am experienced in surgery recovery). His bedside manner is exquisite, his knowledge and skill is second to none and his calm and professional demeanour is incredible. I would highly recommend Mr Simillis to anyone who is facing colorectal surgery, I felt and will feel safe in his hands if any further surgery is required, he is the most lovely and approachable Surgeon I have met.

20th November 2018
Written by a carer at West Middlesex University Hospital

Dr Simillis performed colorectal surgery to my mum after been diagnosed with colon cancer. The diagnosis came as bit of a shock to us and Dr Simillis was great at explaining the position of the cancer, the surgery that was required, the recovery process and everything in between. Before the surgery he was very caring and ensured that she was comfortable. And during the week she was in hospital he visited her to ensure everything was going well and she was recovering as required. Our family has never been through this sort of situation before and we were very lucky that we were assigned this surgeon . His attitude was professional but caring at all times and we always felt that my mum could not be in better hands. I can not recommend Dr Simillis enough

31st October 2018
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

Mr.Simillis is a fantastic surgeon who performed a sigmoid colectomy on my bowel following discovery of a Stage 3 cancer. At every step of the journey to surgery he was able to answer all my questions and reassure me at what was a very stressful and frightening time. As my procedure was elective, presurgery he listened to my concerns with understanding, always reassuring me but at the same time always honest as to what the procedure entailed and any possible consequences. I was fully aware of all the risks entailed by this operation. He gave me his e-mail address and advised me to contact him at any time regarding any questions I may have had. His demeanour and attitude was very reassuring. I had the operation on a Friday, 6 hours in the operating theatre and he came to see me after the operation to explain that all had gone well. However he could see that I was still heavily sedated so he came back to see me on the Saturday evening, giving up his free time to come and speak to me as he said at the time, his patients are always his #1 priority. He came to see me every day I was in hospital and was very supportive in my rehabilitation following the operation. Yesterday I had a post surgery meeting with him and he advised me that the histology showed that the bowel cancer had been fully excised and no residual cancer remained. I need annual colonoscopy and CT scans for the next 5 years to achieve an all clear diagnosis but apart from that, no further treatment for the bowel cancer. I cannot speak highly enough of Mr.Simillis. He is highly skilled and always makes himself available to his patients. I am very fortunate to have had him as my surgeon.

Short link to review Mr Constantinos Simillis: http://iwgc.net/ehjuy