mr-constantinos-simillis

Mr Constantinos Simillis

#sayThankYou

A brilliant surgeon who fully explains investigation results with diagrams and written record which you are able to take with you and go through. Superb surgeon - felt absolutely confident about the operation and knew what was to be done. Thanks you so much. Improving well - just a shame corona virus has prevented me starting next stage of treatment - possibly chemotherapy.

19th April 2020
6th April 2020

After being suspected, by my GP, of having a colon tumour I was rapidly diagnosed at the West Middlesex Hospital and referred to Mr Simillis. From our initial meeting in early january 2020 to the operation on the 29th january, Mr Simillis spent time clearly explaining the procedures and possible outcomes to my self and my wife. His calm and clear manner put us both at ease. The operation and his follow visits on the recovery ward was first rate.I dont think I could have received better treatment anywhere thanks to his profesionalism and sense of humour. I am now looking forward to the stoma reversal procedure and returning to a fully active life thanks to Mr. Simillis. I would also like to thank Mr Simillis and team and in particular Sarah Byrne for her comforting and reassuring manner and stoma care nurses, Tracey and Rose who helped me to understand and cope with the procedure. My thanks also go to the whole team on Richmond Ward who looked after me tirelessly. Thank you Mr Simillis and team.

4th March 2020

I want to share my great experience with Dr Simillis. I was diagnosed with a lump and inflammation near my appendix. I was sent to Dr Simillis. On my first meeting he explained with diagrams about surgery of ny lump. I honestly believe he is very competent, intelligent kind, dedicated, devoted, gifted and skilled Doctor in his field. In short I had great experience being his patient. Surgery went very well, he personally visited and gave satisfactory answers to all my questions after surgery. I am honestly obliged from bottom of my heart for all his and his and his co Staff specially Sarah Byrne efforts. I am now back home and recovering fast. Highly recommend him to all.

3rd March 2020

I was diagnosed with a tumour of the colon in December 2019. The news came very suddenly and was a shock to myself and my family. My wife and I met with Mr Simillis who was very clear and concise with what was going to happen; he spoke with the greatest professionalism and empathy which made us both feel that I was in great hands. After many appointments in a few short weeks major surgery was confirmed. I also must mention Sarah Byrne who is part of Mr Simillis’ amazing team; she reassured and supported me throughout all of my treatment. I also feel that Dr Simillis positively impacted and prioritised the quick turnaround of appointments to surgery. At the beginning of Feb 2020 the major surgery was performed by Mr Simillis and his team. It was a very long operation; afterwards Mr Simillis informed that the operation was successful and what the next steps would be. Whilst I was recovering on the ward himself and Sarah would check how my recovery was going with me personally. At the very beginning of March I was given results to find out whether any further action would be needed. I was given the best news ever! All the cancer had been removed and there was no need for chemotherapy. Mr Simillis, Sarah and the rest of the team were outstanding throughout. I always understood what was going to happen and had the greatest confidence in Mr Simillis. I can not thank Mr Simillis and his amazing team enough, I also can not find the words to express how grateful I am. Mr Simillis is an outstanding surgeon who has given me my life back. “Top Marks” Also on behalf of the family we are beyond thankful for Mr Simillis and his incredible team for giving us back our husband, dad and grandad. Dave is a man with high expectations; Mr Simillis and his team surpassed any expectation with their talent, professionalism and kindness. Thank you so very much Mr Simillis. David McGregor

21st November 2019

I recently underwent a major surgery under Mr Simillis and I unreservedly recommend him to you. Mr Simillis is a very gifted and dedicated man who has devoted many years of study to perfect his skills in colorectal surgery. For a man of his achievements he is a very modest man of great charm. Mr Simillis spent a great deal of time explaining my operation and he accurately estimated recovery timings and so forth. It was clear to me at once that I had been fortunate to be allocated the care of this skilled surgeon. Hospital is a very challenging time and I soon found that Mr Simillis gave generously of his time to myself and to my dear wife who supported me patiently. Mr Simillis was a friendly, intelligent and highly skilled presence that helped me through a difficult time on the wards. I cannot adequately praise this kind and talented man enough - I only wish I could. I will just say what everyone else has said - you could not be in better hands or meet a surgeon with better judgement. I wish you the very best with your operation! Martin McHugh

I graduated with MBBS from Imperial College School of Medicine in 2005, where I also completed an intercalated BSc in Surgery and Anaesthesia with First Class Honours. I have a strong interest and knowledge of evidence-based medical practice demonstrated by a Postgraduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Healthcare from University College London. This was followed by a Doctorate of Medicine research degree in this field where I applied an evidence-based approach to guide optimal surgical management of colorectal cancer liver metastases and my research findings were presented at international conferences and published in high impact factor journals. I completed a Master's Degree in Healthcare Ethics and Law, at Manchester University, School of Law, which provided me with in-depth analysis and extensive understanding of every day moral and legal issues faced by a surgeon. I was awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2016. I completed my speciality training in General Surgery and Colorectal Surgery in the North West London Deanery. I undertook subspecialty training in colorectal cancer and advanced malignancy surgery at The Royal Marsden Hospital and St Mark’s Hospital. I was appointed as a Consultant in Colorectal Surgery and Emergency General Surgery at Addenbrooke’s, Cambridge University Hospitals in 2020. I had previously worked as a Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon at West Middlesex University Hospital, Chelsea and Westminster Trust. I specialise in minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery, advanced colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, and proctology. I am JAG accredited in upper (gastroscopy) and lower (colonoscopy) gastrointestinal endoscopy. My aim is to provide high quality, up-to-date, holistic care in the safest manner possible with minimal perioperative complications, excellent oncological outcomes, and with respect, compassion and dedication towards every patient and their family, based on the patient’s individual needs, values, and circumstances. I have a strong academic record and have published extensively in the scientific literature with over 100 journal publications and surgical book chapters. I have given numerous national and international presentations at scientific conferences, and I frequently act as a reviewer for surgical peer-reviewed journals. I am committed to undergraduate and postgraduate surgical education and I regularly supervise the research projects of undergraduate and postgraduate students. My clinical research interests include evidence synthesis and advanced database analytics to develop evidence-based patient-centred guidelines, perioperative integration of digital technology into surgical practice, and development of novel rapid diagnostic techniques for early detection of colorectal cancer and personalised cancer treatment.

Short link to review Mr Constantinos Simillis: http://iwgc.net/ehjuy