Add your review of Mr Constantinos Simillis

Addenbrooke's Hospital
General surgery

How old are you?

Do you have any of the following long-standing conditions?

or

Mr Constantinos Simillis

26 reviews

I graduated with MBBS from Imperial College School of Medicine in 2005, where I also completed an intercalated BSc in Surgery and Anaesthesia with First Class Honours. I have a strong interest and knowledge of evidence-based medical practice demonstrated by a Postgraduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Healthcare from University College London. This was followed by a Doctorate of Medicine research degree in this field where I applied an evidence-based approach to guide optimal surgical management of colorectal cancer liver metastases and my research findings were presented at international conferences and published in high impact factor journals. I completed a Master's Degree in Healthcare Ethics and Law, at Manchester University, School of Law, which provided me with in-depth analysis and extensive understanding of every day moral and legal issues faced by a surgeon. I was awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2016. I completed my speciality training in General Surgery and Colorectal Surgery in the North West London Deanery. I undertook subspecialty training in colorectal cancer and advanced malignancy surgery at The Royal Marsden Hospital and St Mark’s Hospital. I was appointed as a Consultant in Colorectal Surgery and Emergency General Surgery at Addenbrooke’s, Cambridge University Hospitals in 2020. I had previously worked as a Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon at West Middlesex University Hospital, Chelsea and Westminster Trust. I specialise in minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery, advanced colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, and proctology. I am JAG accredited in upper (gastroscopy) and lower (colonoscopy) gastrointestinal endoscopy. My aim is to provide high quality, up-to-date, holistic care in the safest manner possible with minimal perioperative complications, excellent oncological outcomes, and with respect, compassion and dedication towards every patient and their family, based on the patient’s individual needs, values, and circumstances. I have a strong academic record and have published extensively in the scientific literature with over 100 journal publications and surgical book chapters. I have given numerous national and international presentations at scientific conferences, and I frequently act as a reviewer for surgical peer-reviewed journals. I am committed to undergraduate and postgraduate surgical education and I regularly supervise the research projects of undergraduate and postgraduate students. My clinical research interests include evidence synthesis and advanced database analytics to develop evidence-based patient-centred guidelines, perioperative integration of digital technology into surgical practice, and development of novel rapid diagnostic techniques for early detection of colorectal cancer and personalised cancer treatment.

Specialties