Mr A R Khan

My special interests include adult and child circumcisions including redo, revision, sutureless (glue) circumcision. Expert in infants Plastibell and Circumplast circumcision, preputioplasty,and frenuloplasty. Specialist in Paediatric Urology (foreskin problems, buried penis, hypospadias, kidney/bladder problems, urinary tract infections), Endo-urology, Laparoscopic Surgery.

• Paediatric surgery
  • Urology

Written by a patient at Thornhill Circumcision Centre
23rd December 2019

Pros: Dr Khan was professional, intelligent and experienced. I felt the upmost safety in his clinic and had absolutely zero concerns prior to my adult circumcision surgery. He walked me through the procedure and although I did not dare look (I am a little squeamish!) , I understood what was happening at every stage and this greatly helped ease my worries. The procedure was extremely painless. There is a minor prick as the anesthetic is applied, and afterwards it is more of a tingling sensation, but no uncomfortable pain! Aftercare is great. He is readily available by text whenever you need him and replies very quickly. I knew this as a patient messaged him just before my surgery and he immediately advised him on what to do. I knew I was in safe hands as I could do the same. Cons: After the circumcision the penis is extremely sensitive (naturally). I quickly found the best solution was to go to Sainsburys and you could buy a small 5m wrap of bandages which you would probably replace twice a day for £1. It would be nice if these were provided with the surgery as the first day I just used tissue paper to reduce sensitivity, but did not come off as easily.

12th December 2019

We were very pleased with the service, Dr Khan was very professional and informative. The aftercare was great, we were given a leaflet and Dr Khan made himself available to answer any questions we may have after the procedure and did respond promptly as promised when we did raise a query.

Written by a patient at Thornhill Circumcision Centre
3rd December 2019

Mr Khan is an extremely safe and trustworthy doctor. As a surgeon myself I was nervous about getting my son’s circumcision done. Mr Khan provided exceptional care before, during and after the procedure . He was reassuring and very professional from start to finish. Highly recommend his care to all.

24th November 2019

I found Dr Khan totally professional in every aspect from the very 1st phone call right up to my surgery 1 week later. Upon that surgery Dr Khan fully explained everything consciously and clearly and performed my surgery with care and expertise to which im very grateful. The after care and advice has been on the same level as the professionalism from the start. Thank you Dr Khan.

24th November 2019

The entire experience, from booking to the aftercare follow-up, has been top notch. Dr. Khan did my revision. Both Dr. and his assistant were friendly throughout the procedure which was about 15 minutes. Prompt responses for my questions afterwards. Overall, very satisfied with the result and would recommend to any person wanting a circumcision or a revision.

Doctors working at Thornhill Circumcision Centre