addenbrookes-hospital

Addenbrooke's Hospital

Hills Road, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB2 0QQ

« 1 2 3 4 »

5th August 2020

I had a very positive experience today[August 5th 2020] at Addenbrookes hospital with Dr.Thamir Abraham at the Dermatology Clinic. He was professional and kind and explained everything to me in detail and allayed any fears i may have had. The empathy of Dr.Abraham and his staff helped to make me feel very much at ease. Even during these difficult times of covid 19 my experience was really excellent.

5th August 2020

Took a long time to get back to me and was difficult to find who to contact, I kept getting referred to different answering machines. I rang up to change my correspondence address but they failed to change it and therefore I received no letters to tell me about my surgery or check-up, I only knew the dates after phoning to get through to someone.

7th July 2020

I attended the A&E three times with lower abdominal pains. I was hospitalised for one week and even though I was reviewed by a registrar and head of Gynae; I discharged with no diagnoses. During that week, I was seen by 8-10 doctors and every each one I saw had a different approach and a view of what my pains may be related to. In the following couple of weeks after my discharge, my pains worsened and my first routine appointment with the Gynaecology department was booked for 3 months later and my appointment with the Endoscopy department was not even booked. The Gynae department cancelled and rebooked my appointment a few times. I contacted the department as this was not a pain I could survive for 3 months and I asked for my MRI to be reconsidered. Once they reviewed my MRI, I was asked to come in urgently by one of the senior doctors. When I attended I had an ultrasound scan and I was told that I had lost an ovary… “likely to have suffered a torsion whilst I was initially in pain” and either could wait for things to get better (?! if they would ever just get better) or have an urgent operation. The doctor who saw me was due to be on annual leave and had squeezed me in after reviewing my MRI. It felt as if he just wanted to go on his holiday. I was in a cold hospital room, half naked, unaware of what may be happening and the doctor carrying out my scan just casually said that I had lost an ovary! This was a very sad and shocking experience. The whole experience was upsetting. I had been pain for weeks and no-one told me what the saw on my MRI properly. Lucky for me, I had an emergency operation with Dr Mohamed Mabrouk who carried out a successful operation and unfortunately, I was diagnosed with Endometriosis.

29th April 2020

It’s a year ago since my operation performed by mr Aho and his team for which l am great full I have had no pain during the operation and none since My body is working well in all ways and I feel great My treatment was second to none with the procedure being explained to the point and in a calming way I would recommend Mr Aho and his team to anyone as they gave me my health back

6th April 2020

It is probably difficult under normal circumstances let alone in the circumstances in which we find ourselves today, but if let another few hours of recovery time at the unit would, in an ideal world be useful.

28th March 2020

Staff are always friendly and welcoming. Hospital is always well presented. Car parking takes a long time though so make sure you leave extra time. Car park charges are also really expensive.

13th March 2020

I was a patient at Addenbrookes following a car accident. All the staff I encountered were extremely kind, caring and knowledgeable.

27th February 2020

The only improvement would be in the blood station pre op check where we waited and waited not knowing children were not allowed to be Sen then going to the blood station where children could be seen we waited and waited not realising children had to report elsewhere, around corner in same room. A simple sign would make it clear where children can be seen for bloods and where to report to. By the time my child was finally seen she was very anxious and gel had not been on long and had not taken effect.

13th February 2020

In all of my appointments to Rheumtology, Opthamology, the Lesion Clinic and A & E over the past two years I have experienced a calm, thorough and positive attitude. I would always hold up Addenbrooke’s as a well run hospital and hope that it is the only hospital that I need to visit. Whilst I have seen several consultants in Opthamology, who have been excellent, I feel that the burden of dealing with their outpatients, routine and emergency operations falls upon a few consultants and they could do with more consultants, more equal sharing of the workload and more support.

7th February 2020

I spent ten days here after undergoing life saving surgery, I was a patient on ward C7. The care and attention I received from all members of staff was outstanding. Over the past four years I have had follow up consultations, scans etc and the service that all departments offer is excellent. This is an amazing hospital that is staffed with a wonderful group of people.

« 1 2 3 4 »
{{category}} working at Addenbrooke's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Addenbrooke's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3ln