Add your review of Mr Constantinos Simillis

West Middlesex University Hospital
General surgery

How old are you?

Do you have any of the following long-standing conditions?

or

Mr Constantinos Simillis

23 reviews

I graduated with MBBS from Imperial College School of Medicine in 2005, where I also completed an intercalated BSc in Surgery and Anaesthesia with First Class Honours. I completed my specialty training in General Surgery and Colorectal Surgery in the London Deanery. I undertook subspecialty training in colorectal cancer at The Royal Marsden Hospital and St Mark’s Hospital. I was awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2016. I was appointed as a locum consultant in General, Colorectal, and Emergency Surgery, at the West Middlesex University Hospital in October 2017. I specialise in Minimally Invasive Surgery, Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery, Colorectal Cancer, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, and Proctology. I am JAG accredited in upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy. My aim is to provide high quality, up-to-date, holistic care in the safest manner possible with minimal perioperative complications, excellent oncological outcomes, and with respect, compassion and dedication towards every patient and their family, based on the patient’s individual needs, values, and circumstances. I completed a Master's Degree in Health Care Ethics and Law which gave me an in-depth analysis and extensive understanding of every day moral and legal issues faced by a surgeon. I have a strong academic record and have published extensively in the scientific literature with over 70 peer-reviewed publications and book chapters. I have given multiple national and international presentations, and I frequently act as a reviewer for surgical peer-reviewed journals. This is complemented by an interest and knowledge of evidence-based health care demonstrated by a Postgraduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Healthcare, followed by a Doctorate in this subject from University College London. I am committed to undergraduate and postgraduate surgical education and I regularly supervise the research projects of undergraduate and postgraduate students through my role as an Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at Imperial College London.

Specialties