Mr Bhupal Chitnavis

• Neurosurgery

13th January 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I went to see Mr Chitnavis regarding my severe sciatica that i have been suffering with for years. i have always suffered with my back and after years battling with the NHS, decided to go privately. One of my close friends recommended Mr Chitnavis to me having undergone back surgery with him in the past and has had remarkable results. He is the most humble and down to earth doctor i have ever met. He made me feel very at ease being under his care and the whole way through the consultation, he was extremely easy to talk to. i would 100% recommend Mr Chitnavis as a consultant and surgeon.

10th January 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I have now been with Mr Chitnavis for two major procedures one in my neck 4 years ago and one 7 weeks ago on my lower back. Mr Chitnavis has been a great help in the period of consultation, which has been a lengthy one. He is friendly, whilst professional, but every step of the process he has helped me understand the process, I am hugely respectful of him as a consultant and the trust I have in him is immense. I would most definitely recommend Mr Chitnavis his care is second to none and he is such a lovely person to take you through your procedures.

6th January 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

Mr Chitnavis was very helpful giving me advice while deciding what the best decision to make whether to have a back operation or not. In the end I decided to have the operation, of which was a great success.

17th December 2016
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I can't thank Him enough for His Opinion... I don't think a lot of surgeons would be as straightforward as Him. I really appreciate all the efforts he done fo me, from the very beginning...Mr. Chitnavis helped me when I really needed help. Like when he referred me to a hip consultant, he took the effort to do it himself, even though the secretary said it was fully booked, He did not stop there, He kept on ringing the consultant until he got the answered and I was seen the very same day. My journey became much more easy specially when I was in pain... God bless you always.

11th December 2016
Written by a carer at London Bridge Hospital

"We can be heroes" sang David Bowie and calling someone a hero seems to be an every day occurrence these days be it a sports person, TV personality, a politician or an actor, but the real heroes are people like Mr Chitnavis. People who enter your lives very fleetingly, but make such a big and lasting impression on you because, quite simply, what Mr Chitnavis did for me was to give me my husband back. My husband, Frank, had been diagnosed with sciatica many years ago and it used to rear its ugly head every now and again and with the help of gabapentin and such like it would go away again. This year it came back with such a vengeance that no amount of anti-inflammatory tablets or painkillers had any effect to the point where Frank literally couldn't walk 10 feet without having to stop and sit down because the pain was so bad. This had a huge effect on our social life because all of the activities we enjoyed doing - countryside and hill walking, going to the theatre, concerts and festivals were now out of the question. After many weeks our GP finally recommended Mr Chitnavis, who after Frank had described his condition, the pain and where it was accurately diagnosed him with stenosis. This was confirmed by a MRI scan and during the following consultation Mr Chitnavis laid out the options for Frank. The only viable option really was to have an operation even though there were so many risks involved. Mr Chitnavis was extremely kind and patient and took the time to thoroughly explain the procedure Frank would go through and what all of the potential risks were. This he did in a calm and professional manner. He was very open and honest about the operation and the aftercare that Frank would need. He encouraged us to ask questions and never made us feel as though we were taking up too much of his time. But this gave us complete confidence in his abilities. Frank had the operation just over 3 weeks ago and his post-op recuperation is going very well. During this time Mr Chitnavis has taken the time to telephone Frank and to see how he's doing. Frank has another visit scheduled in January and we are hoping that he will be discharged then. And then we are unlikely to ever see Mr Chitnavis again because he has done the job that he set out to do and the one that he told us he would do which would be to carry out the operation to the best of his ability and to do everything he possibly could to make Frank better. A doctor told us that "no-one in their right mind wants to have surgery on their spine" and this is true, but if you are ever in the unfortunate position of having to visit a neuro-surgeon then you are also very fortunate because you have Mr Chitnavis to go to and he will do all he can to make you better and to give you and your families your lives back. "We can be heroes" sang David Bowie, "Just for one day". This is not the case with Mr Chitnavis, he is a hero in the true sense of the word all day, every day.

Nearest Neurosurgeons