Mr Bhupal Chitnavis

• Neurosurgery

9th December 2016
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I was originally referred to Mr Bhupal Chitnavis in November 2015 on account on sciatic type symptoms in left leg resulting from lumbar decompression. After initial consultation what was hoped would be a more long term albeit temporary procedure was conducted to elevate the problem, the details of which were fully explained. Unfortunately although initially successful the procedure was not as long lasting as hoped whereby we discussed the possibility of a repeat procedure and which a duly undertaken. Unfortunately this was not successful and over the resulting few months the symptoms increased slightly resulting in a recent facetectomy. At all times Mr Chitnavis was both professional and welcoming in discussing how best to proceed and took on board my preference to avoid any surgery until a last resort. Having recently received the required minor surgery initial signs are that this has been 100% successful.

20th November 2016
Written by a patient at BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital

I was referred to Mr Chitnavis by my G.P. for a consultation at Shirley Oaks Hospital. At our first meeting he was very welcoming and made both me and my husband feel at ease. He explained my problem at length and showed us the MRI scan explaining that it showed that I had stenosis of two vertebrae. He then clearly explained the options available to me. We decided that a course of injections may relieve the problem which we accepted. Unfortunately it didn't make a great deal of difference and on the follow-up appointment after a lengthy discussion with Mr Chitnavis, outlining all the potential complications, I opted for a lumbar decompression. I had the procedure on a Saturday morning, Mr Chitnavis checked in on me that day and again on the Sunday. Throughout he was exemplary in his approach and gave me absolute confidence in his ability and the likely outcome. To date I am still making steady, but sure progress, six weeks after my op. I would have no qualms about recommending Mr Chitnavis.

17th November 2016
Written by a patient at BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital

I had a lumbar decompression operation performed by Mr. Bhupal Chitnavis. When I first met Mr. Chitnavis he was most welcoming and I immediately felt very comfortable with him. He explained clearly and patiently what was causing the severe pain I was suffering in my legs and what could be done to alleviate the pain. He did not rush me into having an operation and suggested I could have an injection, which in some cases does give relief for several months. I did have an injection, but in my case it did not work. I then decided to have the operation. Naturally the thought of a spinal operation at my age (85) made me very nervous, but I had full confidence in Mr. Chitnavis. The operation was successful and I have had no recurrence of the pain and I feel very well and strong, and I can’t thank him enough.

16th November 2016
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

From my very first appointment with Mr Chitnavis, I felt that he truly had my best interests at heart. Having never been 'put under' before I was very fearful and delayed what needed to be done - lumbar decompression discectomy. Not once did he try to push me into having surgery but eventually (he already knew) I couldn't live with the pain anymore. Immediately after the surgery my constant pain had all but gone. I couldn't believe it. I am unable to say one bad or indifferent thing about Mr Chitnavis. My overall impression was that his whole aim was just to help me! A wonderful surgeon and a true gentleman. Thank you very much for giving me my life back.

Nearest Neurosurgeons