13th March 2018
Written by a patient at Tooting Wic

I would like to thank Mr Momin for saving my life. His kind caring nature and his ability to explain the technical procedure in a simple way that I could understand left me with little fear and alot of hope. Following a severe heart attack I feel like I have been given a new lease in life and I owe it all to Mr Momin and staff at St Georges. Thanks.

8th March 2018
Written by a patient at Tooting Wic

A patient at St George's Hospital on The Benjamin Weir Ward at the end of January, I cannot praise the care from the Consultant, Mr Aziz Momin and his surgical team highly enough. I was the recipient of a new tissue valve in my aorta and received consideration which was highly professional and constantly informative from the pre op clinic to the operation itself and then the aftercare on the ward. He ensured that his team of Registrars kept me informed and he himself visited me on the ward on several occasions and always with a smile. I commend him for his approach and consideration for those under his care. Christine Macnair

7th March 2018
Written by a patient at Tooting Wic

Excellent service and care before, during and after surgery. A life saver. Thanks.

3rd March 2018
Written by a patient at Tooting Wic

I first met Mr Aziz Momin ,Surgeon, cardiology department,when I was recommended to him by Dr. Bunce. I was suffering with an aorta problem. I put off having an operation for a couple of years. After having an echocardiogram,it was suggested that I attend one of mr Momin's clinic. He was very professional and direct when he explained the procedure to me. I put my trust in him and decided to have the operation in October 2017. After the operation he went out of his way to telephone my daughter to say that the operation went well. After six weeks I went to the see a cardiologist/registrar and was told that I had an irregular heartbeat and I needed to have warfin tablets. However things did not improve and I sent an email to Mr Momin who immediately wrote to the registrar and I was admitted to hospital for an ecg and blood test. It showed that I had a slow heartbeat. I had further tests but I still had a slow heartbeat. Mr Momin and his registrars visited me and explained that this type of reaction happens one in three. I then had a a pacemaker. He arranged for me to visit his clinic to assess the situation. He looked at my Ecg and found that everything was fine and I was discharged. I have always found Mr Momin to be professional, efficient and caring as a Surgeon.

8th January 2018
Written by a patient at Tooting Wic

I am very pleased to be able to write this review for Mr Momin and hope it might be an encouragement to anyone who might read it. We naturally all approach a heart procedure with very natural concerns and the first and most significant person we meet is the man that is going to operate on us. I was due my operation on the 13th of Nov, a Monday but unfortunately, it had to be cancelled because there was no ICU bed available. Shortly after hearing this, Mr Momin approached me and offered, having had a cancellation, the Bypass on the Thursday 16th of November. There was no hesitation in my accepting it and very thankfully. It was his very approach, one of those indefinable feelings that I was not only in the presence of one in whose hands I was shortly to have a major heart operation, it was to be five bypasses, but my impression I am as safe as I could be. These things I know can be very subjective but his empathy was tangible. Since I am unaware of at least six hours of my life whilst on the table, the most traumatic for my body, my confidence was fully repaid for my recovery over the remaining time I was under the care of the nurses, bless them, went as far as I was aware, very well. Long after I am fully healed, seven weeks since the op and going on nicely, the hospital admission will be a faint memory, it will not be so for Mr Momin who will I trust remain to be a reminder of all that is best in patient-doctor relation and the envy of the world, our NHS and those that work in it, in this case specifically Mr Momin He is my saviour with a small s, I have one with a Capital S. God bless you, Mr Momin.

Nearest Cardiothoracic surgeons