15th December 2017
Written by a patient at Tooting Wic

Mr Momin was direct, friendly and seemed to be efficient. He also seemed quite young and very alert and was introduced to the anaesthetist Dr Quinton. All seemed to be set fair so I was content for the work to proceed. I told him that I had absolute trust in him - I did not have much choice, anyway! My triple heart bypass seemed to go well with the attention of Mr Momin and two other surgeons. I was told took from 8.15am to around midday. The incisions healed well and quickly in very few days without any seepage or infection. I gather that so many procedures of this kind are carried out that they are almost routine. It was a much bigger op than I imagined, and was sitting up in bed writing notes the day after. Recuperation is a longer process and limiting in the activities I should like to do, but feel so very tired I have to accept that so that healing can take place. Bowel movement worked eventually after more walking in the hospital corridors that enabled my discharge, but was slight problem at home. Tried unsuccessfully to consult Mr Momin's secy for advice but eventually I obtained from local pharmacist Fybogel Hi-Fibre orange Ispachula Husk, on thee understanding that I would not be taking a codeine pain killer. As I had only taken codeine once or twice and eschewed Paracetamol this was not a problem. I did find the Husk helpful for several days. All is now normal. I am hoping that my GP will not feel it necessary to continue some medication that may have contributed to my slight constipation. My tiredness and lethargy has surprised me. Visitors need to be restricted, but am taking part in some matters that were my responsibilities. Rest is important, plus a little excercise. Have resigned some responsibilities that others have taken over that provides some relief. The dedicated care and love expressed by all staff has been a real blessing - so that I have really enjoyed my time at St George's NHS Trust. I hope that the NHS are able to look after their staff as well as the staff look after their patients. I had a great time. SUGGESTIONS 1. More advice on constipation remedies 2. More emphasis on need for rest and recuperation

29th November 2017
Written by a patient at Tooting Wic

My first meeting with Mr Aziz Momin was at east surrey for a pre-op talk. Immediately he put me at ease and from his comments I felt I was going to be in seriously good hands. This proved to be the case as he alaid all of my fears regarding the magnitude of operation I was about to undertake. The operation was carried out at St Georges in early oct 17 where the nurseing care was excellent. 8 weeks later I am at home recovering from double heart bypass surgery and I feel strong and confident about my recovery. I think the whole professional service provided by Mr Aziz Momin and his team was fantastic. Thank you.

23rd November 2017
Written by a patient at Hammersmith Hospital

Mr Aziz Momin my HERO. In January 2018 it will be 5 years since he and his team carried out my quadruple bypass - The care I had was second to none - he was always there to look after both myself and my family at a very traumatic time. He was so approachable and explained everything so well - hence my recuperation went very smoothly and I was back at work in 9 weeks. I would recommend him wholeheartedly to anyone facing heart surgery.

19th November 2017
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

I, 80 year old widower, consider myself lucky to have been referred to Mr Momin as from the start he not only put me at ease but was approachable and patient. I had an aortic valve replacement with three other associated procedures done. I have made a full recovery doing everything as expected. His guidance since the operation has been impeccable and reassuring.

12th November 2017
Written by a carer at Tooting Wic

Mr Momin performed a quadruple bypass on my father in August. His team provided excellent care throughout this time from our initial consultation before the surgery all the way through to the follow up and discharge. He was very thorough with his consultation and ensured he gained input from other specialities when needed, in our case respiratory input which he managed to get us slotted in very quickly. He explained everything clearly and all the options we had with the risks and benefits. He ensured he listened to us and our concerns which he addressed in an excellent manner. The service provided at SGH was of a very high standard and I would like to thank the team and Mr Momin for the excellent care and highly recommend them for anyone in the future.

Nearest Cardiothoracic surgeons