Mr Neil Roberts

Mr Neil Roberts is a cardiac surgeon specialising in all aspects of adult cardiac surgery. please see his full profile on www.mrneilroberts.com

23rd April 2018
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

On the 5th March 2018, I had aortic root and valve replacement surgery, which was carried out by Neil Roberts and his brilliant team at St Bartholomew’s Hospital, all aspects from pre-admission to discharge were very well managed and co-ordinated. His expertise in his field and the high regard in which he is held and the confidence that he inspires in others was plainly evident in my 6 day stay. It is clear that Neil has an absolute passion for his patients and their best interests both in hospital and when recovering at home. Nothing was too much trouble and his aftercare along with the staff on Ward 4B has been first class, the facility to contact him or his team by email following any concerns has been very reassuring. Neil Roberts has a bedside manner that is humane and compassionate, empathetic and supportive. He has the skills to provide safe comfort to his patients and acts with the highest standards of professionalism, while keeping a good rapport with everyone around him. I cannot recommend him more highly. Thank you so much Neil and to your incredible team at Barts. John White

19th February 2018
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

First of all he is known as one of the top surgeons in Barts. the very top heart hospital in the U.K. I say ONE of the top surgeons as I can’t vouch that there not a few others on his level. Every single expert to whom I spoke, told me that I am in top hands. Today I came home from a six day stay in Barts. where I had a triple bypass by Mr Roberts and his team. I suffer also from carpal tunnel and panic disorder. On the former I need an operation and for the latter I take pills. Both give me hell, and Mr Roberts, before I was dismissed today, made a special visit to my room and gave me much needed encouragement that it is normal for panic disorder to increase in the weeks following bypass surgery. Immediately upon meeting and speaking to Mr Roberts, one notices his humility and his pleasant disposition.

29th January 2018
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

My cardiac experience at Bart's After an angiogram I was referred to cardiothoracic services with a recommendation of a coronary artery graft operation. That operation took place within a matter of weeks just before Christmas. I was kept fully informed, both in person and on paper, of what the surgery entailed with a clear programme for my stay in hospital and post operative recovery. And that is exactly how it played out. With efficient and concerned care from all the medical and nursing staff I was able to go home four days after the successful surgery. At the post-surgery check up I was particularly pleased to meet the surgeon, Mr Roberts again and thank him personally. My impression is that he runs an impressive and dedicated team at Bart's. Finally a word of thanks to nurse practitioner Jason Radley who quieted the concerns of my wife and encouraged me to take the necessary post operative exercise. Many thanks again to Mr Roberts and his team for getting me through such a serious operation with calm efficiency and with such great care.

8th January 2018
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

Me Neil Roberts is my saviour,he literally saved my life just over three years ago. I was one of the many smokers of my era ,it was the fashion in the 60 s and 70 s so yes I followed the fashion. I had only had three chest pains ,well actually more on my neck and jaws . I was admitted to lister Hospital on the 27 th August 2014 kept overnight then on the following Tuesday had an angiogram,luckily for me Mr Roberts was there ,he spoke to me after the procedure and told me I was a very sick lady and needed surgery urgently,obviously I was shocked but I felt so at ease with him ,he made me feel completely at ease and I was not worried at all ,he performed a triple by pass on the Friday 5 th September and all went very well, This man made me feel like a person he really cared about not a number like a lot do ,he has a very relaxed manor about him ,and he listed to me ,which again a lot don’t ,I remember him saying ,You are the one with pain ,I have no idea what your pain is like so I have to listen to you ,he spent so much time and trouble with me ,I was so lucky to have him as my surgeon,how can I ever thank you ,your amazing Mr Neil Roberts ,thank you once again for giving me back my life

11th October 2017
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

In July Mr Neil Roberts performed an Aortic valve replacement. His treatment / care was excellent; he explained everything clearly and listened to my concerns.

Nearest Cardiothoracic surgeons