Mr Neil Roberts

Mr Neil Roberts is a cardiac surgeon specialising in all aspects of adult cardiac surgery. please see his full profile on www.mrneilroberts.com

« 1 2 3 4 »

19th November 2016
Written by a patient at The Harley Street Clinic

I am 23 years old and on 30/09/2016 found out that I needed Aortic Valve replacement surgery because I had Severe Aortic Regurgitation. I hadn't felt unwell, so being told that I needed heart surgery was a big shock to the system. I had a consultation with Mr Roberts on 06/10/2016, had my operation on 11/10/2016 and was discharged on 16/10/2016. Today, 5 and a half weeks after the operation, I have finished my first week back at work and am well on my way to a full recovery! Mr Roberts is to thank for this. There are are 3 things that stood out for me while under his care - 1. "He is the best cardiac surgeon going" - I was told this when the cardiologist that made the diagnosis initially recommended me to him. I had thought that the Cardiologist was just trying making me feel better, however everyone that I met that worked or had ever worked with Mr Roberts said the same thing. My quick recovery has reinforced this, & my scar is very neat if that's anything to go by! 2. Given #1, before meeting Mr Roberts I had thought that he might be cocky or superior, but he isn't. He was very understanding of how my family and I were feeling and reassured us throughout the treatment. He explained the problem; what might have caused it; how it would be fixed; and all the risks involved, in a simple way. This made a real difference to my confidence and my recovery. 3. Mr Roberts took full responsibility for my recovery and was always on hand to help, even after I was discharged. I had a spell of Atrial Fibrillation 2/3 weeks after surgery and so went into my local A&E. I emailed Mr Roberts on the way in to say that I thought something was wrong but wasn't expecting a reply as it was a Saturday morning. He responded almost immediately, then called the A&E department to help them find out what was going on. Once they confirmed that there was no immediate risk he arranged for me to go back into The Harley Street Clinic that day so that I could have further tests and treatment without having to wait until the following week. After I was discharged from Harley Street he put me in touch with his colleague (who specialised in AF) for further monitoring. Overall, I can't recommend Mr Roberts enough. If I had another issue with my heart I wouldn't be half as worried as because I know the treatment and support is so good.

4th November 2016
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

I was transfered as an emergentcy from the London Royal Hospital to St Bartholemews having suffered a heart attack in a street near St Pauls Catherdral. This was approx 1300hrs on Sunday the 11/10/16, I awoke in St Barts on Monday the 12/10/16 in the afternoon, having undergone a triple heart bypass graft operation. I was visited by Dr Neil Roberts and members of his team shorty after in the ward, he explained what had taken place in a very calming and reassuring fashion, and it soon became apparent how highly respected Mr Roberts is in this field of life saving surgery. I had no time to dwell or worry about an upcoming heart operation, having collapsed in the street, what I would say is if you are awaiting heart surgery there is no one better to carry out this medical procedure than Neil Roberts, and his great team. I spent just 5 days in total in St barts before discharge, I had very little pain, even after the pain killers had worn off, the insisions in my leg to remove a vein, and that in my chest was extremely neat and will in time be bearly visible. All the staff I came into contact at St barts spoke very highly of Mr Roberts. as a Surgeon who seeks perfection, not only from himself but all who work alongside him. The after care has been second to none, and the facility to contact him or his team by email following any concerns is very reassuring, especially has I live some distance away in Devon. I feel very lucky indeed to have been in London when I was taken ill, and treated to 1st class treatment at St Barts by a highly rated surgeon as Neil Roberts and his great team. Thank you so much.

24th October 2016
Written by a patient at The Harley Street Clinic

I first met Mr. Roberts at St. Bartholemews where I was taken from A&E. He explained in very sympathetic terms what was wrong with me and his recommendation for surgery. He arranged for my bypass operation at The Harley Street Clininc the following Tuesday. I was very nervous before the operation, but Neil and his team did all they could to reassure me, by providing excellent advice, information and I found the whole process incredibly caring and professional. The operation went smoothly and Neil and his team did a great job. It is now two months since the procedure and I am feeling the best that I have in many years. I have had no issues at all after leaving hospital. I saw Neil for a check-up at around 6 weeks. Again he was very kind, polite, efficient and enthusiastic. I find him incredibly trustworthy, empathetic, diligent and has he incredible integrity. All communications (mainly by email) were handled and replied to quickly, with simple instructions, and nothing was ever too much trouble. I would not hesitate in recommending Mr. Roberts.

13th October 2016
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

A gracious man with a towering talent. He also speaks to the very frightened in straightforward terms. A rare enough gift.

31st August 2016
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

As one of Jehovah's Witnesses I already made the decision not to have any blood transfusions or blood products. My heart failure was due to having cancer 3 times and radiotherapy which 10 years after my last treatment (2002) gave me sever heart failure (Jan 2012) 4 years on (Feb 2016) I needed the mitral value repairing. On my first 20 mins consultation Mr Roberts gave us 1 hour. He listened patently and asked caring questions. He was so good that my confidence in him was built immediately. He was so kind and understanding too. Although it would be a difficult operation with some possible complications he was up for the challenge and assured me he would need to take extra care and put a number of things in place in case. I was prepared and being honest not worried. After the operation I saw him smiling and asked what happened. He stated all the things in place were not needed as I sailed through the operation and no blood was used nor needed. I praise him and his team and my care was of the highest level anyone could ask for. I rate it 100%. I am so appreciative of all he has and his team have done for me and continues to do for many others. My wife and I thank you from my deepest heartfelt gratitude.

« 1 2 3 4 »