Mr Neil Roberts

Mr Neil Roberts is a cardiac surgeon specialising in all aspects of adult cardiac surgery. please see his full profile on www.mrneilroberts.com

7th December 2018
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

I recently had open heart surgery for a replacement aortic valve. Mr Roberts was the surgeon and from start to finish he did a fine job on me. I saw Mr Roberts before my operation and he explained the procedure to me clearly. He said I had kept my self fit so that at 81years he was confident that open heart surgery was the way to go as it would be more long lasting than other procedures After the operation I saw Mr Roberts twice as he followed my progress .he was very attentive along with his excellent team. After he organised various tests on me he declared me fit enough to go home after only 6days. I would like to thank Mr Roberts for his his excellent care on my behalf and the kind way he dealt with me and my wife. I cannot praise his work enough and he is clearly great credit to the NHS. Thankyou..Mr B Seekins

25th November 2018
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

DEAR SIR/MADAM, THANK YOU SO MUCH GETTING THIS OPPORTUNITY TO WRITE ABOUT MR.ROBERT AND HIS TEAM, I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FOR 18 YEARS OR MORE WITH MY HEALTH, MOSTLY HEART CONDITIONS. I HAVE BEEN TAKING LOTS TABLETS AND LIQUID MEDICINE EVERY SINGLE DAY AND I HAVE BEEN GETTING LOTS OF SIDE AFFECTS FROM POLYPHARMACY. MY VISION HAS BEEN MAINLY AFFECTED BY THE STEROIDS. CURRENTLY MY RIGHT RETINA HAS BEEN AFFECTED AND I AM GETTING TREATMENT FROM MOOR-FIELDS EYE HOSPITAL,HOSP:2429506, ON TOP OF THIS I SUFFER FROM ASTHMA WHICH MAKE ME BREATHLESS. AT TIMES THIS CAN BE CONFUSED WITH MY HEART CONDITIONS, I HAVE BEEN GOING TO ASTHMA ALLERGY CLINIC AT HOMER TON UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL WITH DR.RAJAKULASINGHAM,PROFESSOR. IS VERY DIFFICULT TO CONTROL MY ASTHMA I HAVE BEEN TAKING REGULAR INHALERS AND INJECTION NAMED:XOLAIR 150MG, EVERY SINGLE MONTH FOR LIFE TIME,THEIR TEAM HAVE BEEN LOOKING AFTER ME WELL. NOW I HAVE COME TO MR.ROBERTS TEAM, WHERE I HAD TO HAVE AN ANGIOGRAM FIRST WITH DR.ELIOT SMITH. HE THEN IDENTIFIED THE PROBLEM AND TRANSFERRED ME TO DR.ROBERTS TEAM. HE TOLD ME ITS A VERY GOOD TEAMS,TRUST ME ,HE SAID I TRUST HIS WORDS, AND HE WAS RIGHT!!! AT PRESENT I AM FEELING MUCH BETTER THEN BEFORE. I HAVE BEEN REQUIRING LESS MEDICATION THAN BEFORE. I LIKE TO FURTHER MENTION ABOUT DR ROBERTS TEAM AND HIS ASSISTANCE JUNIOR DRS THEY HAVE BEEN REVIEWING ME EVERYDAY AFTER SURGERY, SPECIAL THANKS TO HIS TEAM NURSE MR. JESON WHO HAS BEEN VERY ENCOURAGING IN MY RECOVERY. HE USED TO TAKE ME TO WALK I HIGHLY RECOMMEND MR.ROBERTS AND HIS TEAM FOR THEIR BEST CARE, AND I HAVE BEEN LUCKY TO HAVE THIS SURGERY UNDER HIM. THANK YOU SO MUCH, I AM MR.ARASAKONE RAVINRANATH

8th November 2018
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

Mr Roberts explained everything in great detail to me and my family. He has a great team. I can never thank him enough firstly for giving me a new lease of life. Secondly keeping the family informed including emailing family in Australia to tell them. I had my surgery and was inrecovering in ICU. Above and beyond the call of duty. Thank you Mr Roberts and all the team.

10th August 2018
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

Mr Roberts is a brilliant surgeon, in every way. He is an expert in his field (possibly a world leader) but just as importantly, he manages to combine cutting edge knowledge with real kindness and accessibility. When I first met Neil he spent 45 minutes talking to my partner and me. He was keen to hear "my story" as he refers to it, in my own words. He believes in diagnosis via the symptoms just as much as from all the tests and "pictures" he had been provided with. And no question from me was too trivial for him. I arrived for the appointment with some obvious trepidation about the probably upcoming surgery, and left feeling relaxed and confident to be in his hands. And that confidence was born out throughout the open heart surgery that I then had (replacement of a swollen aortic root and damaged valve.) Neil Roberts and his team could not have done more, or delivered a better service. It is a credit to him, how good the team are around him. My wound is neat, and five weeks later was completely healed. Now six weeks in, I am set for a complete and full recovery. During the five nights I was in hospital I saw Neil 3 times and his registrar probably another 3. If you have to have heart surgery, these are the people you want around you. If you are an NHS patient (as I was) ask for Mr Roberts. If you are a private patient, choose Mr Roberts. He's your man! Job done.

21st June 2018
Written by a patient at The Harley Street Clinic

Mr Roberts is the best. He did a wonderful, full open chest, operation on me under unexpected emergency conditions. His handiwork has been much admired by every NHS nurse and doctor who has seen it since! At all times Mr Roberts was approachable and excellent at giving all the information possible, almost answering questions you didn't ask, but would have done if you'd thought to do so. Also, his follow-up care has been superb. I have no hesitation in thoroughly recommending Mr Roberts, should you have need of his services. I was lucky enough to get him without selection as, although unconscious, he happened to be the cardiac surgeon on duty at the hospital I was in. This was my extraordinary good fortune! Information for the patient is paramount and Mr Roberts clearly understands this.

Nearest Cardiothoracic surgeons