Dr Sophie Barker

Written by a patient at Tooting Wic
25th January 2019

I have been seeing Dr Barker Having been referred by my GP. I was seen very quickly and had scans and endoscopy arranged very fast. Dr Barker kept me very well informed and explained thinks clearly. She always listened to my concerns and was very patient.

Written by a patient at St George's Hospital
10th January 2019

I was seening by Dr Baker today 10/01/19. and found her to be very informative, and knowledgeable, with regards to whats going on with my insides. Made me feel at easy about the whole situation and comfortable with going forward. Thank you.

Written by a carer at Tooting Wic
31st July 2018

Dr Sophie Barker was involved in the early stages of what became my mum's pancreatic cancer. She had been referred to her with stomach pains and severe weight loss at St George's Tooting. We found Dr Barker to be aloof, and communication from her was appalling. We were not informed of any clear pathway with regards to testing and a plan forward, and we found a lot more information online than was ever explained to us by Dr Barker. We would constantly have to chase up for information regarding outcomes of test results and follow up appointments, she ran late for a number of appointments with no apology, and overall we felt extremely let down by her apparent lack of care. One could say due to the lack of planning, urgency and care from St George's Tooting Hospital in general, our mum's cancer progressed from Stage 2 to Stage 4 becoming terminal with no chance of chemotherapy to prolong her life. I worry for any patients in a similar situation, as the amount of extra unnecessary stress and heartache brought on by being under the 'care' of Dr Barker was enormous.

Works at