mr-andrew-carrothers

Mr Andrew Carrothers

19th January 2021

A very kind , highly skilled, considerate gentleman with the patient's welfare utmost in his mind. I feel that I have been privileged to have received treatment from him and his team. Would have no hesitation to recommend him.

14th January 2021

I write less than 48 hours after my full left hip replacement. I would like to convey my gratitude to Dr Andrew Carrothers for pulling off this operation during the midst of a health crisis. Secondly, I wish to record my immense gratitude to Dr Carrothers for his care, wise words, skill and dedication to fixing my troublesome hip. Last but not least, very many thanks to the Carrothers Orthopaedic team and Spire Lea Hospital, Cambridge. Updates to follow as I progress through the rehab journey.

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge
13th January 2021

Mr Carrothers managed my wife's hip replacement a year ago, so I knew that he was an exceptionally skilled and sympathetic surgeon. His management of my hip amplified my trust in him as a surgeon. He listened carefully, responded to my questions with clear and understandable answers, and filled me with confidence both before the surgery and afterwards during my recovery. I would recommend him unequivocably and without hesitation to anyone considering a hip replacement.

7th January 2021

I had a knee replacement in 2014 performed by Mr Andrew Carothers which was a great success, so i didn't hesitate in contacting his office when i was in trouble with the left knee.His secretary Carol Morse was extremely helpful. My appointment to see Andrew was 20th October at the Spire And he gave me all the information about the Mako Robotic Triathlon knee replacement which he highly recommended. After x rays and scan my operation appointment was scheduled for 23rd November during the Covid pandemic. I was discharged after 4 days and able to walk with crutches and bend my knee to 80 degrees.There is pain for a few weeks but you can cope with it as you know very shortly you are going to be pain free and walking well. My consultation four weeks after leaving hospital i was able to walk with one crutch and Mr Carothers was very pleased with my recovery in such a short time. Now nearly seven week i am able to walk without aids. I cannot recommend Mr Carothers enough he is the most caring understanding attentive person. He puts you at ease the moment he speaks to you with his softly spoken Irish accent, you feel you could sit and talk to him all day. Obviously you cant as he is a very busy man, but you are not rushed and have all your questions answered. thank you Andrew. Gwen Day

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge
2nd January 2021

Dear Mr Carrothers My re-hab is going well, I am sleeping almost normally with little pain, I am moving about normally and a mile walk is easily achievable. So much quicker after the robot procedure, it will be 4 months on Jan 9th. I am about to start practicing my golf again, I feel confident that I will be able to do and enjoy it without any dis-comfort. So in conclusion I would recommend the robot, it seems to make the recovery faster, and the pain levels reduce at a faster rate. For exercise I have been walking and using an exercise bike that I have in my house, the bike seems to be particularly beneficial. Thank you for your attention to me, I wish you all a Happy New Year, and will see you next Sept time for my 1 year review. Kind Regards. Barry Arliss

Mr Andrew Carrothers was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Andrew is a specialist hip and knee surgeon with interests in pelvic & acetabular surgery, hip and knee replacements, ankle and lower limb trauma reconstructive surgery. He is currently a full time Consultant in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery at Addenbrookes, Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. He also consults and operates at the Spire Lea Cambridge and Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospitals. In addition he is a Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon in the Royal Army Medical Corps (V), having served in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Short link to review Mr Andrew Carrothers: http://iwgc.net/egbsv