mr-andrew-carrothers

Mr Andrew Carrothers

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital
22nd September 2021

Dr Carrothers has operated on me twice, once in 2016 after a car crash when my pelvis was broken then again in August this year for a total hip replacement. From the first time he saw me he understood the need for this operation, I didn’t realise things were quite as bad as needing a hip replacement but he knew straight away that’s what I needed. He reassured me through the whole process and put me at ease, from the consultation to the day of the operation and aftercare. I trusted him totally and opted for him to do the operation - I was offered other surgeons but waited for Dr Carrothers. I cannot thank him enough, I will be forever grateful for giving me my ‘normal’ life back and would have no doubt being treated by him again in the future.

21st September 2021

I have recently had a hip replacement carried out by Mr Corrothers and found him kind, considerate, caring and very skilful. I am fast getting back to normal, mobile and pain free. I will not hesitate to consult him again for a coming knee replacement

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge
7th September 2021

I first met Mr Carruthers via a zoom consultation. He had a kind, friendly professional manner and was interested in what I had to say - I felt immediately at ease and trusted him to perform my forthcoming surgery, Throughout my hospital stay I received excellent attention from Mr Carruthers and his team and would not hesitate to recommend him to others. Also Mr Carruther’s secretary Carol deserves a mention for her ‘work behind the scenes’ she was always friendly and helpful with my many telephone calls etc.

6th September 2021

great surgeon felt very safe having my new hip , Mako robotic assisted. I was in the lea spires hospital for 48 hours was well looked after by all . The pain was minimal and im doing well with my physio, 6 weeks now an no crutches or stick. many thanks especially to Mr Carrothers

4th September 2021

I had a hip replacement almost 7 weeks ago performed by Mr Carrothers. I was already familiar with Mr Carrothers, I had previously been an NHS patient with him and found him very compassionate and reassuring. The operation has been very successful and I would highly recommend his work. I am already pain-free and have a good and still improving quality of life. Carrothers Orthopaedic team are very professional and the secretary Carol is very helpful and understanding.

Mr Andrew Carrothers was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Andrew is a specialist hip and knee surgeon with interests in pelvic & acetabular surgery, hip and knee replacements, ankle and lower limb trauma reconstructive surgery. He is currently a full time Consultant in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery at Addenbrookes, Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. He also consults and operates at the Spire Lea Cambridge and Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospitals. In addition he is a Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon in the Royal Army Medical Corps (V), having served in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Short link to review Mr Andrew Carrothers: http://iwgc.net/egbsv