mr-andrew-carrothers

#sayThankYou

I have found Mr Carrothers an easy to talk to, quietly confident, no nonsense consultant. After long and complex surgery, interrupted by various intraop events, eight weeks ago, I am recovering well, am gaining mobility, and looking forward to resuming the busy and fulfilling career I had established for my so-called retirement years. I was pleased to put myself in Mr Carrothers’ hands, and shall be eternally grateful to him and to his skilled team.

6th May 2020
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital
21st April 2020

My surgery went according to plan. I am very pleased with the result. Mr Carrothers was always kind and considerate. He did a super job and I would highly recommend him. He is obviously highly skilled and a first class expert in his field. I could not find fault with him. I am very grateful to him for the care he gave me and for the successful outcome of my operation.

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge
21st April 2020

Mr Carrothers could not have been more empathetic both to my condition and the problems I was having with my health insurer. He gave me confidence that whatever the outcome (with the insurer) that he would look after me. In the end they saw the error of their ways, not without a little help from the Financial Ombudsman!! My physio tells me I am well ahead of the pack at this time post op (6 weeks) and I have no doubt this was due to the robotic procedure AND the surgeon's skill.

#sayThankYou

As you know from our talk today I am really doing well. So a big thank you and to Carol for looking after me both pre the Aviva capitulation and after. The new hip will I am sure go from strength to strength but the other prosthetics - one knee now over 10 years old will be coming to the end of the useful life!! Oh to grow old. Every best wishes Peter S

Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital
21st April 2020

I was recently operated on by Mr. Carrothers for a replacement hip. During my initial consultation with him, I felt myself to be in good hands and had no concerns or worries regarding the impending procedure. His courtesy, kindness, patience and gentle good sense of humour were much appreciated as I had not previously had any experience of surgical procedure. Thanks to Mr. Carrothers and his team, I felt my stay at the Spire Hospital in Cambridge to have been an uplifting experience and I am now well on the way to a complete recovery. My grateful thanks to you all, and God bless you.

Mr Andrew Carrothers was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Andrew is a specialist hip and knee surgeon with interests in pelvic & acetabular surgery, hip and knee replacements, ankle and lower limb trauma reconstructive surgery. He is currently a full time Consultant in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery at Addenbrookes, Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. He also consults and operates at the Spire Lea Cambridge and Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospitals. In addition he is a Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon in the Royal Army Medical Corps (V), having served in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Short link to review Mr Andrew Carrothers: http://iwgc.net/egbsv