Mr Andrew Carrothers

Andrew is a specialist hip and knee surgeon with interests in pelvic & acetabular surgery, hip and knee replacements, foot and ankle and lower limb trauma reconstructive surgery. He is currently a full time Consultant in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery at Addenbrookes, Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. He also consults and operates at the Spire Lea Cambridge and Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospitals. In addition he is a Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon in the Royal Army Medical Corps (V), having served in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

20th August 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

I have been seen by Mr Carrothers for 7 years now since a motorbike accident. I have now had 10 operations, the most recent at the Spire Cambridge. All the others have been at Addenbrookes Hospital. I cannot recommend Mr Carrothers highly enough. Out of all the consultants I have seen over the years he has always been there when I have needed him and tells you the truth about what can be done in a most caring way. He is empathetic and your best interests are always at the forefront of any treatment plan. I would trust him with any decision and would have no hesitation in recommending him to family and friends.

12th August 2019
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge

I had probably the best experience of the NHS under this consultant. Mr Carrothers listened and diagnosed perfectly my problem. I was seen quickly and the operation was a complete success. I hope that if and when the time comes for a replacement kneecap this gentleman is available to preform the procedure.

4th August 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

I couldn't wish better from any point of view. Extremely satisfied from begining till end! I had a knee arthroscopic surgery, on that day I was able to stend on my feet! After 3 days I walked as nothing happened! I might need the same surgery on my right leg as well. So I'll go back without hasitation. Big thank you to Carol also!

27th July 2019
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge

Charming gentleman explained things in an understandable manner. Very caring with good bedside manner once we got to know each other.

26th July 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

Great care and attention throughout the whole process...and really quick.

Short link to review Mr Andrew Carrothers: http://iwgc.net/egbsv