Mr Andrew Carrothers

Andrew is a specialist hip and knee surgeon with interests in pelvic & acetabular surgery, hip and knee replacements, foot and ankle and lower limb trauma reconstructive surgery. He is currently a full time Consultant in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery at Addenbrookes, Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. He also consults and operates at the Spire Lea Cambridge and Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospitals. In addition he is a Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon in the Royal Army Medical Corps (V), having served in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

18th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

Very friendly, confident and reassuring to someone who had never had an operation or been in hospital before. Was very clear when reviewing ‘before & after’ x-rays and explaining the mechanics of a new hip during the re-habilitation process. Very impressed by being visited each morning while in hospital by both Mr.Carrothers and the anethitist.

15th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

Having suffered with pain in my hips for the past 4 years, I was recommended by a friend (who had recently had a knee replacement) to contact Mr Carrothers. I had my first consultant meeting on the 6 March 2018. I found Mr Carrothers pleasant, caring and very reassuring. He was informative, in very understandable terms, explaining the procedure of hip replacements. After subsequent pre-op meetings at the Spire Cambridge, we agreed a date for the operation on my left hip - 9 April 2018. The operation was successful and pain has been eradicated from my hip. I have today, 15 May, had a brief meeting with Mr Carrothers where he assured me of the success of the operation. My right hip also needs a replacement, and I have no hesitation with Mr Carrothers carrying out the procedure. I cannot speak to highly of his awareness to patient care, consideration and explanation of the procedure.

13th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

3 years ago I was admitted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with a broken ankle. I was so so lucky that Mr Andrew Carrothers operated and inserted a plate and several screws. Since then I have seen him as a private patient at the Spire Lea and Nuffield hospitals. Latterly this year with a knee injury. He explains everything to you in detail, his appointments are always on time and his clinical letters are sent out to your Doctor and yourself within 2 days by his efficient PA Carol. But most important is, he is kind, understanding, courteous and it is a pleasure to have him look after you. I can thoroughly recommend Mr Carrothers and I am very grateful to him for all his care.

10th May 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge

Mr Carrothers is a very experienced and highly qualified surgeon. I was unsure about having my knee operation, but the results so far have significantly exceeded my expectations - I feel great! Mr Carrothers did a great job, and I have absolutely no reservations in recommending him wholeheartedly to others.

30th April 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

I first met Dr Carrothers on 30th January 2018 to discuss total hip replacement,He clearly explained which procedure was the best for me. He made me feel completely at ease and answered any queries i had. Surgery was carried out on 5th March 2018 and i was back home on the 7th. This operation enabled me to get my life back on track as i was able to drive after 3 weeks and resume playing bowls after 7 weeks. In my opinion Dr Carrothers is an excellent Surgeon with perfect bedside manners he visited me 3 times post op to have a chat and assure me every thing had gone well. The staff at the Spire Cambridge Lea were absolutely marvellous. I would not hesitate to go and see Dr Carrothers in the future if the need arises.

Short link to review Mr Andrew Carrothers: http://iwgc.net/egbsv