Mr Andrew Carrothers

Andrew is a specialist hip and knee surgeon with interests in pelvic & acetabular surgery, hip and knee replacements, foot and ankle and lower limb trauma reconstructive surgery. He is currently a full time Consultant in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery at Addenbrookes, Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. He also consults and operates at the Spire Lea Cambridge and Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospitals. In addition he is a Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon in the Royal Army Medical Corps (V), having served in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

24th July 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge

From the very first meeting, Mr Carrothers inspired trust and confidence, as he was direct, honest, clear and courteous . Not to mention charming . His respect for me, his patient, continued through out the treatment : I felt safe . His skill as a surgeon has clearly been manifested , but I think his way of being has contributed greatly to the healing process . Thank you , Mr Carrothers , your name fits , and you are an icon in our family ! Sarah Greaves .

24th July 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge

I had been considerable pain and discomfort with my left knee for months, limiting my walking and impinging on my well being. The way in which I was treated and informed by Mr Carrothers from my initial appointment onwards was helpful, informative and considerate. All aspects of the operation were thoughtfully approached and dealt with and after surgery I suffered hardly any pain - in fact my knee felt better than it had for ages. At no stage did I need to take any pain-killers. I meticulously carried out the recommended physio and within three weeks was walking well. The swelling had reduced and by the time I returned to see Mr Carrothers it felt perfect. The care and attention I received was exceptional and I must sincerely thank the surgeon for getting me back to normal with so little drama or pain.

19th July 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

He seemed to show an interest in my condition and gave me a great deal of confidence in facing the total hip replacement operation. I would not imagine that another surgeon could have been any more kind and understanding. My post operative results have been excellent.

18th July 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

After suffering with my knee for nearly 4 years, with no reasonable explanations, I was referred to Dr Carrothers, who was professional, approachable and able to find my problem within weeks of my first consultation. He has proved to be an amazing surgeon, and my knee is feeling good after years of pain. He has informed me in years to come I may need further surgery but there is no question who I would like to look after me further if I require it. Thank you

17th July 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge

Mr Carrothers inspired confidence and was very clear in his explanation of my surgery and the outcome. The surgery was performed and I did not experience any pain post operatively, Mr Carrothers gave me precise instructions regarding the do's and don't' following surgery, recovery was speedy and I was walking the next day and climbing stairs, in two weeks I was walking two miles daily and driving. At my follow up appointment he assured me that I could resume all normal activities, cycling and running and after 3 months I could ride my horse. I am riding again, my hip is strong, I am totally pain free and I am hoping to compete within the coming months. It is difficult to express my gratitude to Mr Carrothers, I have my life back again and I am exceedingly grateful.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »