Mr Andrew Carrothers

Andrew is a specialist hip and knee surgeon with interests in pelvic & acetabular surgery, hip and knee replacements, foot and ankle and lower limb trauma reconstructive surgery. He is currently a full time Consultant in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery at Addenbrookes, Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. He also consults and operates at the Spire Lea Cambridge and Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospitals. In addition he is a Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon in the Royal Army Medical Corps (V), having served in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

20th May 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

I had a total hip replacement in early April and the whole experience was excellent. I do not know how he managed to replace my hip through such a small incision in my flank, but it has healed beautifully. At 6 weeks I am now walking with neither crutches nor sticks. I need only ordinary painkillers, and have been cleared by Mr Carrothers to drive, swim and garden when I am ready to. I cannot adequately describe my transformation but to mis-quote, “Now is the winter of our disability made glorious summer...”

15th May 2019
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge

From my first consultation with Mr Carrothers through to my surgery, left hip replacement, and then my 9 week follow up I received excellent care. Mr Carrothers filled me with trust and confidence from the moment I met him, explaining in full my surgery and the post operative care that I would need. I cannot thank Mr Carrothers enough and would totally recommend him to anyone needing a hip replacement

8th May 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

I had a boating accident four years ago and have been in pain every day since then. I got moved from the NHS to the Spire Cambridge Lea, had fantastic treatment, was do well looked after by Mr. Carrothers and his team, couldn’t praise them highly enough.

4th May 2019
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

At the age of 19 I was involved in a very serous motorcycle accident which left me with a severely damaged hip. Initially I was taken to hospital where a hip reconstruction surgery took place. After this surgery I recovered really well and shortly resumed to my normal life however a year after the surgery I began to experience a major pain in my hip I was no longer able to participate in any sporting activities and simple things like walking at times became very painfully, This pain began to severely affected both my social and work life. At this point I realised I cannot carry on like this and something needs to be done. I was then referred to Addenbrooks hospital where Ive meet Mr Carrothers. Mr Carrothers was very understanding of my situation and had a very optimistic approach which has filed me in with hope from the start. He did advise me that the only option would be a total hip replacement and he did explained to me that this is a very serious surgery to have especially at such a young age. Mr Carrothers was very confident that this procedure will help me get my life back and I have put my full trust in him and Im very glad I did. Im now able to run short distances and participate in some sporting activities. My social and work life has been restored and Im now fully enjoying life without any pain like any young person should. I will never be able to thank Mr Carrothers enough as helping someone get their life back if quite extraordinary.

3rd May 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

I had a hip replacement done by Mr Carrothers in February last year and my recovery was very smooth with no pain experienced from my new hip within 3 months. This year I was able to ski in February and again in March even at the great age of 75 ! And I hope to go again next year.....

Short link to review Mr Andrew Carrothers: http://iwgc.net/egbsv