mr-andrew-carrothers

Mr Andrew Carrothers

17th April 2021

From my first meeting with Mr Carrothers I was put at ease and felt totally safe in his explanation of my hip condition. I agreed to have my hip replacement done privately and I have to say that the standard of care that I received is second to none. Mr Carrothers has put together a great team and you know you are in safe hands. I may need my other hip replacing in the near future and hope that Mr Carrothers will be able to perform the operation at Addenbrookes on the NHS as I will not be able to go private next time. Nothing but praise for this man and his team.

Written by a NHS patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital
16th April 2021

Mr Carrothers did the Harrington Plus precedure almost 2 years ago. I have nothing but praise for his work. From the outset he put me at ease. It was an operation that no one else had offered me. I have Multiple Myeloma with lots of back factures as well as the hip/pelvis problems. From first seeing me (on national health) he looked at my e-rays & said he could help me. My wife & I almost skipped out of clinic that day as he gave me hope. Within two weeks I was in Addenbrookes having a Harrington Plus. With Covid havent seen him too much, however had an face to face appointment yesterday. Hip/pelvis all healed up with no pain in that area. I have nothing but admiration for him & extremely grateful for his hard work.

28th March 2021

Andrew Carrothers could not have given me any better care I have almost forgotten that I ever had an arthritic hip .I have recommended him to a friend of mine already and will continue to recommend him if in future Thank you again for fixing my gammy rotten leg Linda Lye

24th March 2021

Following my very successful left hip total replacement in November 2019 I have recently been back to see him to review my right knee. He recommended an arthroscopy as my knee was giving me considerable pain and discomfort. He recently carried out this procedure and I am very happy to say that I am now pain free and looking forward to playing tennis and golf again. I would highly recommend Andrew Carrothers orthopaedic surgeon to anyone. He is extremely caring and considerate.

10th March 2021

I am a retired 75yr old male who always enjoyed walking and active sports. I first had dealings with Mr Carrothers in Jan 2020 when he carried out a hip replacement operation for me, the recovery of this did not go as well as I’d hoped but at the same time I was having problems with my knee. Mr Carrothers explained to me that due to the problem with my knee I wasn’t walking properly and this was hindering recovery of my hip. In late January this year Mr Carrothers carried out a partial knee replacement for me, this operation has been a total success, after six weeks I am now walking with no hip pain and only minimal discomfort in the knee, five weeks after the operation I was driving the car and living a normal life. I had my six weeks post op check-up on the 8th March with Mr Carrothers and I couldn’t be happier with the procedures he has carried out and the care and attention he has given me. During these strange times he was always available by phone or zoom to deal with any concerns I might have had. If you need a hip or knee replacement I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Carrothers.

Mr Andrew Carrothers was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Andrew is a specialist hip and knee surgeon with interests in pelvic & acetabular surgery, hip and knee replacements, ankle and lower limb trauma reconstructive surgery. He is currently a full time Consultant in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery at Addenbrookes, Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. He also consults and operates at the Spire Lea Cambridge and Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospitals. In addition he is a Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon in the Royal Army Medical Corps (V), having served in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Short link to review Mr Andrew Carrothers: http://iwgc.net/egbsv