Mr John Crawford

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

17th August 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

I highly recommend Mr Crawford, he was reassuring, positive and knowledgeable. He explained all the options thoroughly. From consultation, surgery and aftercare was a quick and seamless process.

28th April 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

When my lower back pain became severe I was referred to Mr. Crawford. Scans showed problems with my vertebrae which had slipped and were restricting the nerves. The scans were shown to me and the problem areas pointed out. To begin with, I was given injections which relieved the pain, but only temporarily. The symptoms worsened and Mr. Crawford advised a Lumbar Decompression. Throughout my appointments I felt that I was in capable hands and, although it was my decision to go ahead with the procedure, I felt that I had been given enough information about the procedure and afterwards to proceed. On operation day, the procedure was again explained to me and after the surgery, Mr Crawford personally phoned my husband to let him know how it had all gone. Next morning,Mr. Crawford visited me in the hospital and examined the wound before I was discharged. He advised me what to do if I had any problems with the wound or needed more pain relief.At follow-up appointments he checked how the wound was healing and how my mobility was improving. He also explained again what he had done during the procedure and what to do if there was any cause for concern in the future.At all times I felt comfortable with Mr Crawford's ability as a surgeon and as a caring professional. I am pleased to say that I am now pain free and getting back to my fitness regime without any of the mobility problems I had before. I would happily recommend him if I were asked !

8th April 2019
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

Mr Crawford kindly offered to operate on my spine when my initial appointment with Mr Laing was cancelled. Mr Crawford was aware of my severe pain and stepped in to help. He was extremely professional and reassuring throughout. I was a little reluctant about this operation due to previous spinal surgery which had a few complications, however this operation was a great success, the pain in my leg had instantly disappeared and I was able to leave the hospital the following day. Just 4 weeks on, I have returned to the gym and I am now feel more confident and stronger once again. Thank you Mr Crawford, you really did go one step beyond.

28th October 2018
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

Mr Crawford performed spinal surgery on me in August this year. He explained each step of the progress and listened to my concerns. I felt as if I, as his patient, was important to him and this continued throughout my time on the ward and even when I went for my follow-up appointment in October. He could not have been more reassuring or kinder to me even though I know how busy he was. I overheard the previous patient who he reviewed say to her family how reassured she was so I do not feel this is out of character for this person. His whole team appear to have the same ethos, doctors, anesthetist and the ward staff where I stayed for 5 days.

Short link to review Mr John Crawford: http://iwgc.net/eckf4