Mr Abhiram Sharma

General and Colorectal Surgeon special interest in minimally invasive surgery including laparoscopic surgery and TEMS/TAMIS pelvic floor surgery IBD surgery including ileoanal pouch open and laparoscopic hernia surgery laparoscopic cholecystectomy

21st April 2019
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Fantastic Doctor. Very impressed with the care I received.

28th March 2019
Written by a carer at Wythenshawe Hospital

My 92 year old Dad has recently had a bowel operation following diagnosis of cancer. Can’t thank Mr Sharma enough for everything he’s done for my Dad, the whole process from first visit, operation, hospital stay and follow-up has been outstanding. Mr Sharma is a fantastic credit to the NHS.

15th February 2019
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Mr Sharma has always been professional, courteous and very understanding. He is companionate, takes his time to listen to your concerns and fears and explains in a way which is easy for the patient to understand, whether it be good or bad news for the patient. I can honestly hand on heart recommend Mr Sharma, should the need arise. Signed Anne Wilkinson

16th December 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

I am delighted to be writing this 100th five star review for Mr Sharma, the Consultant Surgeon who removed my colon cancer three weeks ago. In addition to his surgical skills, he is a kind and caring man who explains things slowly, clearly and kindly, drawing diagrams while being respectful of his patient's shock and fear. He was as reassuring as the processes enabled him to be, which helped greatly. I am expected to fully recover and to say I am grateful is a huge understatement. Very many thanks Mr Sharma.

11th December 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

I was referred to Mr A Sharma by another caring and compassionate consultant who I would state had the same integrity and patient care focus as his fellow colleague with the exception that he believed that Mr Sharma, an expert in the field of colorectal and pelvic floor surgery was the best physician to treat me, and I can add he wasn’t wrong! Before I met with Mr Sharma concerning my long term chronic health condition, I had always felt that I was in a ‘revolving door’ where I was prescribed the same general medication time and time again and even when I finally met with a GI doctor who carried out further investigations that found the reason for my deterioration, I was told that there was a solution but I didn’t qualify for it and therefore, I felt I was abandoned and told to see my GP should I experience anything further. At the consultation with Mr Sharma, his whole persona made me feel completely at ease. He showed me dignity and respect whilst listening to me explain my medical background, and emanated empathy by understanding that I had suffered physically and emotionally over many years, and that all I wanted was to improve my quality of life. We spoke about my condition at length, and he explained in layman’s terms that what I was experiencing was treatable. To feel that for once someone in the medical world actually wanted to help improve my quality of life was so uplifting, and upon leaving this consultation with a new prescription that included the medical aid that I was refused by the previous GI doctor made me believe that I was now being treated by the right professional who has the expertise to support my condition. Six months after my original consultation, I went back to see Mr Sharma and updated him on my health condition. We agreed at the first meeting that my health condition would always present a challenge but with his expert knowledge, and the continued support from my present GP surgery, I have an improved quality of life. At this follow up appointment, Mr Sharma and I agreed that I am now able to manage my health condition, and I am happy to be discharged back to my GP with the reassurance that should my condition change in the future, he would be very happy to see me again. Overall, being referred to Mr A Sharma by my previous colorectal consultant has been life changing for me as I now feel that I have regained control of a long standing health problem. "Mr Sharma, thank you deeply and sincerely for your time and support and for finally stopping the ‘revolving door!".

Short link to review Mr Abhiram Sharma: http://iwgc.net/ef2fo