Mr Abhiram Sharma

General and Colorectal Surgeon special interest in minimally invasive surgery including laparoscopic surgery and TEMS/TAMIS pelvic floor surgery IBD surgery including ileoanal pouch open and laparoscopic hernia surgery laparoscopic cholecystectomy

16th November 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Last year I have been diagnosed with a fissure, haemorrhoids and a fistula. All of this developed very fast in a few months and the pain was so unbearable. I was in so much unbelievable pain that I have booked an appointment with doctor Sharma at a private hospital as the GP was so unhelpful and would give me various creams and suppositories that would not work at all. Dr Sharma was so patient and understanding and explained what would be best for me. He assessed me in a considerate gentle way and correctly diagnosed me. Dr Sharma prescribed a really good glyceryl trinitrate cream that healed my fissure and moved me on the NHS. Initially he’s done haemorrhoids banding for me and then when I developed the fistula he operated me this year and literally fixed me! The level of professionalism was amazing! Dr Sharma, the consultant and the nurses have been very attentive, caring and altogether amazing on the day of the operation. Not only this but the operation was a success and healing fast and well. The pain after the operation was minimal and in comparison to the initial pain was nothing. All the experience was amazing and all went incredibly well considering how nervous I was. Thank you Dr Sharma I am very grateful for your help and very happy that there are doctors like yourself out there that would literally bring back one’s health. What a great health system with great caring staff!

9th November 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

I highly recommend Mr Sharma who took over my care one week prior to my surgery date due to my Consultant injuring his hand. He arranged for an immediate appointment to ensure that I understood exactly what the procedure involved in my operation for Bowel Cancer. He explained every detail and drew diagrams so I could see what he was going to do and why. Mr Sharma was happy to answer any questions that I had and alleviated any fears and concerns. He did a brilliant job of my surgery using the Laparoscopic procedure from which I have recovered well and he arranged for my follow up appointment shortly after. I am very happy and grateful to Mr Sharma for stepping in at such short notice.

8th November 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I was referred to Mr Sharma by my GP for gall bladder removal. On all the occasions I met Mr Sharma he was professional, highly skilled, clearly very experienced and informed, and immensely kind. He saw me the day of the surgery and was extremely reassuring and positive. After the surgery he again saw me and was concerned and supportive. The follow up appointments were all of the same very professional and sensitive nature. The surgery itself was highly successful and very beneficial. I cannot recommend Mr Sharma highly enough. I am very grateful to him not only for all his professional expertise but for his genuine kindness and concern throughout all my time as a patient.

7th November 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

A very user friendly consultant

1st November 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

I recommend Mr. Sharma very highly to anyone who is in the position of needing surgery. I have recently had my third surgery with him (bowel reversal, following an emergency colectomy for Ulcerative Colitis) and every surgery has gone very smoothly, and was undertaken with the upmost care & consideration. All the surgeries were done by the keyhole technique & my healing was very fast, and left me with minimal scar tissue - meaning less problems in the future. Even though experiencing such a serious illness is a terrible experience, the care and treatment received by NHS staff such as Mr. Sharma, means the entire ordeal is much more bearable & less traumatic than it needed to be. It is only a shame that not every person with IBD or needing bowel surgery can have access to a Mr. Sharma!

Short link to review Mr Abhiram Sharma: http://iwgc.net/ef2fo