Mr Abhiram Sharma

General and Colorectal Surgeon special interest in minimally invasive surgery including laparoscopic surgery and TEMS/TAMIS pelvic floor surgery IBD surgery including ileoanal pouch open and laparoscopic hernia surgery laparoscopic cholecystectomy

8th November 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I was referred to Mr Sharma by my GP for gall bladder removal. On all the occasions I met Mr Sharma he was professional, highly skilled, clearly very experienced and informed, and immensely kind. He saw me the day of the surgery and was extremely reassuring and positive. After the surgery he again saw me and was concerned and supportive. The follow up appointments were all of the same very professional and sensitive nature. The surgery itself was highly successful and very beneficial. I cannot recommend Mr Sharma highly enough. I am very grateful to him not only for all his professional expertise but for his genuine kindness and concern throughout all my time as a patient.

7th November 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

A very user friendly consultant

1st November 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

I recommend Mr. Sharma very highly to anyone who is in the position of needing surgery. I have recently had my third surgery with him (bowel reversal, following an emergency colectomy for Ulcerative Colitis) and every surgery has gone very smoothly, and was undertaken with the upmost care & consideration. All the surgeries were done by the keyhole technique & my healing was very fast, and left me with minimal scar tissue - meaning less problems in the future. Even though experiencing such a serious illness is a terrible experience, the care and treatment received by NHS staff such as Mr. Sharma, means the entire ordeal is much more bearable & less traumatic than it needed to be. It is only a shame that not every person with IBD or needing bowel surgery can have access to a Mr. Sharma!

26th October 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

Mr Sharma has a very calming manner which helps in these circumstances, He was reassuring throughout the procedure.

8th September 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

Mr Sharma is excellent in explaining things to you so you know what is going to happen, what your options are and I felt very reassured and safe throughout. The surgery took place quickly, very straightforward with no complications and the scars are small, neat, healed well etc.

Short link to review Mr Abhiram Sharma: http://iwgc.net/ef2fo