wythenshawe-hospital

Southmoor Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester, England, M23 9LT

1 2 3 4 5 46,982 reviews

Written by a NHS patient
16th March 2021

My journey through Whythenshawe hospital was very positive. Information on travel and parking was clear and easy to follow. Every person I encountered was polite and very helpful. The only criticism I could make would be the period of time between appointments. However I accept it may be a little unfair due to the majority of this time the NHS has suffered through the Covid crisis.

Written by a NHS patient
17th February 2021

The Nurses and Team in Pain management were just wonderful . I attended for many years , I found there Empathy and kindness so high. They were so genuine and check , check double check everything. I will miss them all. No one could have better care . I would like to thank them all. We are so lucky to have such good nurses in our NHS Thank you all Barbara St John

12th November 2020

I was rushed to Wyhtemshawe from post surgical complications. I dont remember much for the first few days but afterwards when i started my road to recovery the staff on the ward and the doctors were simply amazing. the care which i recieved was fast!! I dont live locally and was nearly 100 miles from my next of kin and family. I was scared and the staff put my fears at ease. they treated me like family. The staff were under an immense amoount of pressure but never did you not see them smile or sing or have a luagh with the patients! Thank you from the bottom of my heart to the staff on ward A4. Each and every one of you are truly amazing!

26th October 2020

The care I received before my daughter was born was brilliant, however, during my labour I felt abandoned by the staff there. I was left in a room for 5 and a half hours with nobody checking in on me. When somebody eventually came to see me I was 8 and a half cm dilated and taken to the delivery suite. From then on what should of been a beautiful experience for me turned into a nightmare. The midwives that I had were lovely however the other members of staff that occasionally came in and out of the room were extremely rude. Unexpectedly after three hours of pushing around 10 members of staff burst into the room to get me to theatre. I wasn’t pre warned that that was going to happen and when I asked what was happening I was shouted at by two members of the team and nobody listened nor answered my questions. The aftercare I received wasn’t anything special, I had a dizzy woman that was speaking to her co worker constantly about her partner. The night staff are also very rude and keep you awake by talking loud about their nails and what they did at the weekend. Cleaning staff are very friendly and helpful.

7th October 2020

Not having ever been ill seriously before was terrified at the prospect .Mr Sharma and Macmillan staff were amazing supporting explaining and being there when needed.How Mr Sharma found time to deliver the service of care and support I am in completed admiration.Had full explanation before surgery and was visited numerous times on ward .This was very reassuring and have no idea how he kept his positive kind manner with the workload. Wythenshawe delivered the standard of care that makes us lucky to the service.Can only say now recovered and luckily very well am greatly appreciative of my future well being largely down to all.My sincere thanks and know I will be singing your praises always stay safe we need you.

6th October 2020

Prior to my replacement hip surgery I had keyhole surgery on my right shoulder. It was very successful and was great to be without pain after 18 months of problems.

{{category}} working at Wythenshawe Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Wythenshawe Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6ih