Miss Katy Ammar

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

11th July 2017
Written by a patient at Leatherhead Hospital

I had such a lovely experience with Katy Ammar and her team. I needed several uterine polyps removed and was slightly anxious about the procedure knowing that it could be fairly uncomfortable. Katy explained what was happening throughout the process so knew what to expect. I was looking forward to seeing them again after my first appointment as they made me feel so at ease. It felt like I was looked after by family members - they're a credit to the NHS!

29th June 2017
Written by a patient at Epsom General Hospital

The lovelyMiss Katy Ammar inherited me as the consultant I was originally under retired just prior to my operation in March 2017. I was diagnosed in December with a 8cm cyst attached to my right ovary. it needed to be removed as it was causing abdominal discomfort. My op was scheduled for February but unfortunately was cancelled at the last minute due to lack of beds at Epsom. I remember meeting Miss Ammar literally just as I was going into theatre when my op was rescheduled. She was lovely and had a fab bedside manner. I felt very reassured and in safe hands. She performed the laparoscopy under general anaesthetic and then we met again at my follow up consultation. Once again she was very warm, I asked lots of questions regarding my operation, she explained everything slowly and thoroughly. My 3 scars have healed very well, Miss Ammar is very tidy! Have learnt in life if your consultant is happy with the result, be happy! I would recommend Miss Katy Ammar, we are very lucky to have people like Miss Ammar, a credit to the NHS and her profession. I would totally trust Miss Ammar and her team to carry out any gynaecological procedure x

29th June 2017
Written by a patient at Epsom General Hospital

Before Katy Ammar carried out my anterior and posterior repair, I had been putting off having the operation for 18 months. However, I need not have worried. She showed tremendous understanding, compassion and went above and beyond expectations in her pre-op care - even cancelling her holiday flight so that she could attend a scan and see the results for herself! The operation was a great success and she showed tremendous concern for my well-being throughout. She is so caring, thoughtful and understanding. Thank you Katy!

26th June 2017
Written by a patient at Epsom General Hospital

I have recently been one of Miss Katy Ammar's patients, and as I suffer from extreme anxiety I was very worried about a large cyst on one of my ovaries. Miss Ammar has been most reassuring and understanding. Her genuine warmth and friendly nature shines. She helped me over come my worries and concerns I am hoping to have my surgery soon and everything was clearly explained with care and time and all my options were given. Miss Ammar has gone above beyond to ease all my apprehensions and she even listened to the concerns of other family members It is very difficult to find the right consultant specialist but Miss Ammar didn't only show incredible interest and compassion but had a wonderful and unique approach which encompasses and understands the physical and emotional well being of her patients, almost an holistic approach and it's rare to find. I am so very grateful and blessed to have been in this lovely consultants care - she is a credit to her profession and places of work I would like to thank her so much for all she has done and all the staff at Ashstead hospital too Heidi Leigh and family

15th June 2017
Written by a patient at Leatherhead Hospital

I had an appointment with Katy Ammar today. A very pleasant lady who spoke to me in a very professional yet sympathetic manner which put me at ease. Backed up by a lovely nursing team too.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists