Miss Katy Ammar

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

15th December 2017
Written by a patient at Epsom General Hospital

I had an appointment with Miss K M H Ammar and found this lady so dedicated to her work and respecting the patients' needs. She is very knowledgeable and I received very helpful treatment from her. I would like to congratulate NHS for having a surgeon with a gold heart like her on board . I also would like to send my gratitude's to Mrs Ammar and wish her every blessing for Christmas and the New Year. Jaleh MacDonald

7th September 2017
Written by a patient at Leatherhead Hospital

I had a hysteroscopy performed by Miss Ammar, under a local anaesthetic, at Leatherhead hospital recently and the whole procedure was slightly uncomfortable but absolutely painless. I had a previous attempt at this procedure by another surgeon and he not only caused me distress and pain, he tore me internally. Miss Ammar was thoughtful, caring and made me feel calm the whole time and the nurses with her were also wonderful. I would not go to any other gynaecologist and I highly recommend Miss Ammar.

30th August 2017
Written by a patient at Leatherhead Hospital

I have recently had Laparoscopic surgery under the care of Miss Katy Ammar and her team at Leatherhead Hospital I had a very large melon size ovarian cyst which was causing me to have stomach cramps and constant bladder compression which kept me up at night and I was just very uncomfortable Although the cyst was extremely large Miss Ammar was very confident and determined that she could remove it along with the ovary and tube by laparoscopy Miss Ammar didn't want to give me a large incision scar and wanted to do her best to avoid this if possible After surgery Katy came to see me and explained that it had not been easy as almost a litre of fluid from the cyst was drained before it could be removed with the ovary and tube Katy managed this by only 4 tiny Laparoscopic incisions and she was very pleased that she had done this without having to have made large incision I was overwhelmed as I knew the cyst was very large and I did think it may not be possible to have done this Well done Katy for all your hard work,kindness and understanding.Qualities which mean so much to your patients I would proudly recommend this lovely very talented gynocologist to all ladies and I have been lucky to have found Katy and to have been in her care I really cannot thank her enough for what she has done for me

30th August 2017
Written by a patient at Epsom General Hospital

This amazing woman saved my life when I was rushed back into hospital due to the negligence of another registrar suffering with a secondary post partum heamorrhage. She happened to be passing and took total control of a chaotic situation whilst on her way home. Had she not I wouldn't be here to tell the story. Her care & determination to save my life whilst be straight forward and honest to both my husband and I about my condition was unbelievable. She knew exactly what to do immediately she saw what was going on and gave instructions and orders accordingly, no messing and acted with speed. She gave clear instructions of my after care and was in no hurry to throw me out of hospital in my aftercare whilst other doctors were. She listened to me on how I felt and any concerns I may of had and answered all my questions. I recommend her to all my friends and family and any women I know/meet in need of a good gynae. Me and my family are in debt to this wonderful lady.

11th July 2017
Written by a patient at Leatherhead Hospital

I had such a lovely experience with Katy Ammar and her team. I needed several uterine polyps removed and was slightly anxious about the procedure knowing that it could be fairly uncomfortable. Katy explained what was happening throughout the process so knew what to expect. I was looking forward to seeing them again after my first appointment as they made me feel so at ease. It felt like I was looked after by family members - they're a credit to the NHS!

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists