Miss Katy Ammar

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

15th June 2017
Written by a patient at Leatherhead Hospital

I had an appointment with Katy Ammar today. A very pleasant lady who spoke to me in a very professional yet sympathetic manner which put me at ease. Backed up by a lovely nursing team too.

4th March 2017
Written by a patient at Leatherhead Hospital

On 31st January Miss Katy Ammar removed a uterine polyp with local anaesthetic at Leatherhead Hospital. I can't praise her or her nursing team highly enough. All of them, particularly Jan, the nurse who sat with me throughout the procedure, were very caring, and totally put my needs as the patient above everything else. When I had seen Katy Ammar 3 weeks earlier for an exploratory hysteroscopy, I was a total nervous wreck, having known two people who had had bad experiences at two different clinics where hysteroscopies were done conveyor belt style. Miss Ammar couldn't have been more caring or gentle, and I didn't fell a thing with the exploratory hysteroscopy. Unfortunately it showed I did need further treatment to remove the above mentioned polyp. Again I was given a choice - general anaesthetic or local at the outpatient clinic. Because I trusted her, and she had thought I was a suitable candidate for a local, I chose that as I didn't want a GA. On the morning of the polypectomy I told the nurse I was anxious that they wouldn't leave the local anaesthetic for long enough to work. They counted down the 10 minutes I 'd asked for before starting the procedure. Apart from feeling the initial injections, which were no different from what you would expect with any local anaesthetic anywhere, I didn't feel a thing, and the whole experience was absolutely fine, - I wouln't hesitate to do it again tomorrow with that particular team. Afterwards Katy Ammar told me that she could have started the procedure sooner, because the aenesthetic they use is very fast working, but because she wanted me to have the minimum amount of anxiety, she had deliberately waited to put my mind at ease.... When I knew originally that I was going to need a hysteroscopy I saw the excellent reviews Katy Ammar had. I can only agree with everyone else. She and her team at Leatherhead hospital are brilliant. I just hope with NHS cut-backs that this hospital and hysteroscopy clinic keep going, because they are very caring, and totally put the patient first.

21st February 2017
Written by a patient at Epsom General Hospital

Miss Ammar performed a laparoscopic excision of a dermoid cyst on me 5 weeks ago at Epsom Hospital. I found Miss Ammar very reassuring, she explained the procedure to me very well and calmed me down when i was panicking. I found her very approachable and friendly. I had my after care appointment yesterday with Miss Ammar, where again Miss Ammar calmly talked me through and explained everything very well regrading my operation. I was very happy to tell her after not ovulating for nearly a year, I'm now expecting a baby already and i believe this it to do with the cyst being removed and the great job Miss Ammar did. I can't thank Miss Ammar enough for my treatment and care, I am no longer in daily pain which I've had for around 2 years. I would highly recommend Miss Ammar and her team. Thank you so much again.

20th January 2017
Written by a patient at Leatherhead Hospital

I was referred to Katy Ammar by my GP as he said she was highly recommended. She was very calm and reassuring and I felt that everything was explained to me before and during my procedure. the entire team at Leatherhead Hospital were lovely and made what could have been a stressful situation very comfortable as I felt that they are genuinely cared about my experience. Would definitely recommend Katy and her team to my friends and family.

20th December 2016
Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital

Ms Ammar performed a pelvic floor repair operation on me six weeks ago at Ashtead Hospital. I was in no pain following the procedure and feel 100% more comfortable now. I found her to be friendly and approachable and would highly recommend her work. I was very worried about having the operation and am so relieved that I chose her.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists