st-helier-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 29,213 reviews Write a review

St Helier Hospital

Wrythe Lane, Carshalton, Surrey, England, SM5 1AA

8th November 2018

Following a cycle accident in November 2017, I required orthopaedic surgery to repair my shoulder. While I can not fault the care I have received over the last year, and the skill shown by Mr Patel, his team and the theatre staff. I found the post operative stay in hospital very difficult. The ward seemed unfamiliar with the pain relief required after major surgery, even though it had been written up by the surgeons. I did not get any sleep due to a very seriously ill lady in one bed screaming all night. As she was being given paracetamol for a broken neck, I am not surprised she was screaming. After a complaint from a fellow patient at 3am, a duty manager turned up, but was unable to help. the next day I gave up waiting for my discharge prescription after 7 hours and had it picked up the next day. By the time I left to go home, I was in pain, exhausted and in tears. The student nurses on the ward seemed to be the only ones that cared.

16th October 2018

Took my son in but walked straight out. Paediatric was horrendous! I went private!!!

8th August 2018

Went to A&E the next morning after a foot injury. They missed my fracture. GP later picked it up and re-X-Rayed and confirmed. Horrendous. What if a child's bone was fractured. Seriously do think if the hospital can't do what it's meant to then better to close it down.

22nd July 2018

Thank you to Rita in the neurophysiology department at Queen Mary's Hospital for Children. Her friendly, calm and organised manner made us feel at ease.

19th April 2018

My son was treated in Urgent Care for a broken bone. The staff were polite and professional throughout.

{{category}} working at St Helier Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review St Helier Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb42c