Miss Emily Petersen

Registered Nurse at Barking, Havering and Redbridge Univeristy Hospitals NHS Trust (BHRUT).

• Surgery
  • Otolaryngology/ENT
  • Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 1

Written by a member of staff at Queen's Hospital
1st October 2019

Emily has been extremely kind, considerate and empathetic nurse. Loved equally by her patients and colleague.

Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital
17th June 2019

I have just spent a few days as an inpatient in Ocean B ward at Queens. Emily was in charge of the night shifts while I was there and looked after me along with her team. Nothing was too much trouble for Emily, and even when I was not confident in all the medications that were prescribed for me, Emily took the time to explain the benefits of them and suggest the best way that I could help myself to recover. Although Emily is the Sister in charge, she is always there and very hands on when it comes to administering medications, dispensing kindness and offering sound advice. I cannot thank Emily and the team that she so ably leads and teaches enough. We need more Emilys in the NHS, she is the very best role model and shining example of everything a nurse and leader should be.

Written by a carer at Queen's Hospital
26th April 2019

Emily has all the stereotypical traits of you would associate with a great nurse/sister down to a fine art - She is kind, caring, gentle and empathetic. Her attentional to detail and physical endurance is so impressive to watch. From sick patients, dementia cases, and emergencies, Emily always seems to be hand to solve tricky situations. Whether it’s handling the family, soothing a patient, dealing with a doctor, or managing the staff (that are forever in and out of the ward), having good problem-solving skills is of course a key attribute as a nurse and this is something that merely comes naturally to her. Emily is ready to respond quickly to any situations that arise and that’s something both myself and my wider family have all noticed since being in the ward at Queens hospital over the last three weeks. Emily would go above and beyond for every single one of her patients and after watching her beetle around the ward we sit back and watch with sheer joy and pride as she is completely living out her time on this planet fulfilling something not only that she loves but was born to do and its really shows. Emily has already really mastered and I’m sure will continue to hone her craft. She is an outstanding nurse and a true credit to both the NHS and herself! I cannot thank her enough for how she has cared for my father and both myself and my family will forever be eternally grateful to her. The nation should be in ore of the 'Emily's' of this world and bow down with respect and admiration. I hope that if I or anyone of my family/friends are ever unfortunate enough to require nursing within the Nation Heath Service that it’s carried out by Emily as she truly is a fantastic nurse.

Written by a carer at Queen's Hospital
13th April 2019

Dad has been in Queens hospital for just under a week now and if it wasn’t for Emily I honestly don’t know what we would of done! Emily is always on the bull with everything and is so calm, gentle and caring, everything a nurse should be. We couldn’t thank Emily enough for what she has done for our Dad. If you ever need anything or want to know anything, she will explain everything and take the time to make sure you understand. Thank you again for all your hard work and for looking after our Dad.

Written by a member of staff at Queen's Hospital
3rd April 2019

Great colleague to work with. A competent, caring and kind nurse. I’m not surprised that patients love her care.

Short link to review Miss Emily Petersen: http://iwgc.net/emxre